BY DERMALOGICA #16 in Facial Cleansers

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions. Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter.

• I want to try this brand so badly, I’ve always tried to t...1 Answers
  • Dermalogica vs Bioelements. Which is better and what are ...1 Answers
  • Who has had this and loves the results!?:)1 Answers
Reviews (1936)
  • "Previous exfoliators either leave my face dry and irritated, or don't do anything for me at all. I just started using this product and I'm already so in love with it! It's gentle on my super sensitive skin, yet it exfoliates so well and leaves my skin clean, smooth, and hydrated. It is a powder, but with a little water you can build the consistency that you are most comfortable with. " in 142 reviews
Mina C.
Since entering my 30's I'm faced with skin issues that have never been a problem before. Fine lines, enlarged pores in areas, and worst of all cystic acne. Not to mention my skin was starting too feel dry and tight like it constantly needed to be exfoliated. I can't count how many face scrubs I've tried, and didn't do the job. Then I decided to try this. I wish I would've thought to take some before & after pics. My skin after one use, just one, felt like I had gone for a facial! It was crazy soft, and that dull tight feeling was gone... POOF! SOFT skin aside, with continued use, each of the problems I listed were either gone, or drastically improved! My pores, especially on my cheeks were almost normal size again pretty fast after using this. Which makes my makeup application look almost airbrushed. Though I'm not sure of its marketed to help acne, it helped slowly dissolve my cystic acne spots that had been there for countless months when I added this microfoliant into my regimen. Even helped buff away some of those pesky blackheads that won't budge otherwise. The most drastic change of all was my forming crows feet, and other fine lines that were popping up. I didn't notice until around a month later that the fine lines were gone!!! Not better... gone! Also, the more deep set squint lines were half the size, and more smooth in appearance. I remember getting out of the shower one day, walking to the mirror to apply my face oils & such, when I looked in the mirror, and did a double take. I even got closer to the mirror and examined the results for a while like us women tend to do. I remember reading great reviews before I bought it, but honestly I didn't expect much. So glad I opted to still try it! If you have any of these problems, or just want to buff away dead skin cells for smooth bright skin, then give it a try. As far as how to use it, I first cleanse my face as I normally would. Then, with my hands still wet, not dripping wet though, I sprinkle out some of the powder in my hands. Rub that around in your wet palms. It makes a creamy texture with the water from your hands. Then rub in circles around your face and problem areas. Then, of course, rinse. The skin right afterwards will make you want to pet your face! Lol! Don't, but just saying. Again some things you will see immediate results, but more complex problems will take time. Side note: don't get any water in the bottle, or it'll mess up the powder. So this isn't something you'll want to take in shower with you. Now it is a lil pricey, but considering how well it works, and how many other products I've flown through trying anything and everything, then it's worth every penny. The Dermogica website and Ulta sell deluxe sample sets, and one of the sets comes with a nice size sample of this. It's cheaper, and allows you to not only try before you buy the full size, but you get to test out the other Dermologica products samples as well. Dermalogica also has sales often, and if you sign up for emails, you can get coupon codes. They also allow you to pick one free deluxe sample from a selection of various samples for free during checkout. So that's yet another product to try. Hope this helps!
Amanda M.
It's a nice, fragrance-free powder exfoliant, but I can't say it's anything spectacular. I have oily/combo skin and this tends to make my skin very tight (dry feeling), even only using once every week or so. Aside from that, it's easy to mix with water or even a cleanser and get a consistency you like - there's not really a wrong way to use this. It leaves my skin soft temporarily but also leaves a waxy layer that somewhat sticks around, even after using toner (if I use with cleanser, this is reduced). This is almost identical to Tatcha's rice enzyme powder (which also leaves me tight & waxy) but is probably cheaper. All in all, I'd recommend Dermalogica's over another brand if you're looking for a powder/enzyme exfoliator, because it has the least questionable ingredients of others on the market. I'm just not in love with the feeling that it doesn't rinse clean, and I'm starting to think it's just this type of powder, not Dermalogica the brand (or Tatcha, for that matter).
Megan M.
Atlanta
Great gentle exfoliation, even for very sensitive skin! My skin tends to redness and broken capillaries, so I usually have to steer clear of abrasive exfoliants, but this is a very fine powder that when massaged with wet hands, gently buffs away flaky skin. Because it is a dry powder, you can kind of customize how abrasive you want it to be- the more water you add, the gentler it feels. It also has fruit enzymes to help brighten the skin, so I like to leave it on the face for a few minutes to let the enzymes work. It is gentle enough to use daily, but I usually used this 3x a week for so, because I also use other exfoliants.This is probably my favorite Dermalogica product. I am an Esthetician, and since I don't work at a Dermalogica spa anymore, I haven't used this for a little while, but it is the product I miss the most from this line.
Haley T.
Santa Cruz, CA
This is a great chemical exfoliator (uses salicylic acid and rice powder instead of walnut shells), and is mild enough for daily use. I use this when my skin gets too sensitive for a physical scrub, since it's very mild. It starts off as a powder, and then you add water to make it into creamy paste that isn't too abrasive. It doesn't make me break out either! I have oily, acne prone skin, by the way. It makes my skin feel shiny and smooth after, but not dry at all! I haven't seen much progress for my pores/blackheads, so I might need to try it for longer than a month. My skin does feel clean, but that's about it. I personally wouldn't buy this again, since it's quite pricey, even though I used a 20% off coupon during their sale :/
Mariah B.
Mobile, AL
If you’re thinking about it.. GET IT!!! I purchased this at ULTA when it was on sale and bought two because it ended up being the price of one. LORD AM I THANKFUL THAT I DID!! This product TRANSFORMED MY SKIN. I used to wear a full face of makeup every single day and have used this since the end of March and now walk around with NO MAKEUP AT ALL (except under eye concealer and I’ll fill in my eyebrows if I’m feeling wild). My skin was dull, I had about 3-4 pimples at a time, dark spots and uneven combination skin. Now I have normal skin that GLOWS, my skin tone in the 3 months I’ve used this has become even. My boyfriend even commented on it.. that’s how you know it’s good.

Sure it’s pricey but a little bit goes a long way and I’m not even half way through my first bottle. Get it, you’ll love it!!!
Becky S.
Ok so before anyone is upset that Dermalogical didn't get 5 stars from me, it's because the ratio of cost: product: product needed per use is not very good. Meaning it's really expensive for a small amount of product and it takes more than a tiny amount of product to use successfully.
That said, I used this after cleansing with a few cleansers but usually IT Cosmetics® Confidence in a Cleanser or [product:estée-lauder-perfectly-clean-splash-away-foaming-cleanser-n/c-skin].
The packaging is compact with a screw top and a sifter screen underneath. The actual product is a fine white powder that you pour into your hands and add water to make a thicker paste. Then you scrub on your face as normal and rinse. My skin definitely felt smooth after using the 2nd time and possibly brighter. It is the only product I have from them but would like to try more when my facial care product budget increases :)
Candice R.
Um, can you say softest skin ever?! This stuff is so bomb! I LOVE doing all sorts of peels as often as I can and I love that this is gentle enough to do everyday! It's so easy to use and you only need a tiny bit so it last forever. My skin is so incredible soft and I've noticed a difference in my texture. I just wet my hands and pour like a dime size amount on them and start working it into my skin. My skin feels like my two year olds after I wash it off. If you love exfoliants or want to try them but you have sensitive skin I highly recommend this! Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Amanda Tini M.
Reno, NV
I tried this product on a whim, because I have an issue with dry skin that my skin doesn't eliminate on it's own. My skin is efficiently hydrated but will appear 'dry'.  I began using a Dermalogica facial lotion ( reviewed separately) but was still concerned with my skin's appearance.  I returned to Ulta to express my concerns and seek additional advice, and this product was suggested to me.  This microfoliant is SO different from anything I've ever used!  You rinse/prime/wet your face and then pour the microfoliant powder into your hand, using a bit of water to work it into a lather.  Once it is fully lathered, you apply it to your face.  I was advised to FULLY foam the powder, and not leave it gritty when applying it to your face.  I'm guilty of leaving it a bit gritty when my face it particularly flakey-looking and I want to FEEL the exfoliation.  That's possibly one of my favorite features... That I can choose the level of exfoliation I feel.  I then immediately rinse and use my Dermalogica facial lotion .  Loving this combination and what it does to smooth and hydrate my skin.
Sirena N.
I got this as part of the ULTA beauty sale and I am not disappointed! It is a really cool product and one I do not have in my collection. I've been trying to stay away from physical exfoliants because they're so harsh and this is a perfect replacement. It comes out as a white powder, with a similar consistency to sand. However, when you add water, it turns into a creamy exfoliant that feels gentle and leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized! I don't use a lot and only use it once a week, so it should last me some time! Highly recommend if you are looking for a light exfoliator!
Florence E.
Addison, TX
My new favorite exfoliater! I wish I had found it sooner and not spent so much money on the Kate Somerville one. It is so easy to use, just get your hands wet and pour this powder into your hand. I love it because you can pick how deep it will exfoliate. I was so shocked the next morning after using it, because my skin was glowing so much. I couldn't believe how well it worked for the price. My skin is veryyyy sensitive and I am super careful with everything I use, so if you have the same problem this product is definitely something to try!
Mara H.
Is this gentle for sensitive skin?
Alyssa C.
Newport, VT
Has anyone use any Dermalogica to minimize your pores? Thats my biggest problem and I'm trying to find a product that actually minimizes them, not just covers them up!
Stacie H.
gretna, NE
Does this work good
Jacquline B.
Austin, TX
Is this an all over or just facial areas?
Jodi G.
Red Oak, TX
I have suffered from black heads on my nose and chin for the better part of my life, is this something that would help get rid of them once and for all?