BY DERMALOGICA #43 in Facial Cleansers

Gentle, daily use exfoliating powder for all skin conditions. Unique Rice-based powder formula activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes that micro-exfoliate dead cells, instantly leaving skin smoother and brighter.

• I want to try this brand so badly, I’ve always tried to t...1 Answers
  • Dermalogica vs Bioelements. Which is better and what are ...1 Answers
  • Who has had this and loves the results!?:)1 Answers
Reviews (1996)
  • "Previous exfoliators either leave my face dry and irritated, or don't do anything for me at all. I just started using this product and I'm already so in love with it! It's gentle on my super sensitive skin, yet it exfoliates so well and leaves my skin clean, smooth, and hydrated. It is a powder, but with a little water you can build the consistency that you are most comfortable with. " in 142 reviews
Mina C.
Since entering my 30's I'm faced with skin issues that have never been a problem before. Fine lines, enlarged pores in areas, and worst of all cystic acne. Not to mention my skin was starting too feel dry and tight like it constantly needed to be exfoliated. I can't count how many face scrubs I've tried, and didn't do the job. Then I decided to try this. I wish I would've thought to take some before & after pics. My skin after one use, just one, felt like I had gone for a facial! It was crazy soft, and that dull tight feeling was gone... POOF! SOFT skin aside, with continued use, each of the problems I listed were either gone, or drastically improved! My pores, especially on my cheeks were almost normal size again pretty fast after using this. Which makes my makeup application look almost airbrushed. Though I'm not sure of its marketed to help acne, it helped slowly dissolve my cystic acne spots that had been there for countless months when I added this microfoliant into my regimen. Even helped buff away some of those pesky blackheads that won't budge otherwise. The most drastic change of all was my forming crows feet, and other fine lines that were popping up. I didn't notice until around a month later that the fine lines were gone!!! Not better... gone! Also, the more deep set squint lines were half the size, and more smooth in appearance. I remember getting out of the shower one day, walking to the mirror to apply my face oils & such, when I looked in the mirror, and did a double take. I even got closer to the mirror and examined the results for a while like us women tend to do. I remember reading great reviews before I bought it, but honestly I didn't expect much. So glad I opted to still try it! If you have any of these problems, or just want to buff away dead skin cells for smooth bright skin, then give it a try. As far as how to use it, I first cleanse my face as I normally would. Then, with my hands still wet, not dripping wet though, I sprinkle out some of the powder in my hands. Rub that around in your wet palms. It makes a creamy texture with the water from your hands. Then rub in circles around your face and problem areas. Then, of course, rinse. The skin right afterwards will make you want to pet your face! Lol! Don't, but just saying. Again some things you will see immediate results, but more complex problems will take time. Side note: don't get any water in the bottle, or it'll mess up the powder. So this isn't something you'll want to take in shower with you. Now it is a lil pricey, but considering how well it works, and how many other products I've flown through trying anything and everything, then it's worth every penny. The Dermogica website and Ulta sell deluxe sample sets, and one of the sets comes with a nice size sample of this. It's cheaper, and allows you to not only try before you buy the full size, but you get to test out the other Dermologica products samples as well. Dermalogica also has sales often, and if you sign up for emails, you can get coupon codes. They also allow you to pick one free deluxe sample from a selection of various samples for free during checkout. So that's yet another product to try. Hope this helps!
Amanda M.
It's a nice, fragrance-free powder exfoliant, but I can't say it's anything spectacular. I have oily/combo skin and this tends to make my skin very tight (dry feeling), even only using once every week or so. Aside from that, it's easy to mix with water or even a cleanser and get a consistency you like - there's not really a wrong way to use this. It leaves my skin soft temporarily but also leaves a waxy layer that somewhat sticks around, even after using toner (if I use with cleanser, this is reduced). This is almost identical to Tatcha's rice enzyme powder (which also leaves me tight & waxy) but is probably cheaper. All in all, I'd recommend Dermalogica's over another brand if you're looking for a powder/enzyme exfoliator, because it has the least questionable ingredients of others on the market. I'm just not in love with the feeling that it doesn't rinse clean, and I'm starting to think it's just this type of powder, not Dermalogica the brand (or Tatcha, for that matter).
Haley T.
San Ramon, CA
This is a great chemical exfoliator (uses salicylic acid and rice powder instead of walnut shells), and is mild enough for daily use. I use this when my skin gets too sensitive for a physical scrub, since it's very mild. It starts off as a powder, and then you add water to make it into creamy paste that isn't too abrasive. It doesn't make me break out either! I have oily, acne prone skin, by the way. It makes my skin feel shiny and smooth after, but not dry at all! I haven't seen much progress for my pores/blackheads, so I might need to try it for longer than a month. My skin does feel clean, but that's about it. I personally wouldn't buy this again, since it's quite pricey, even though I used a 20% off coupon during their sale :/
Becky S.
Ok so before anyone is upset that Dermalogical didn't get 5 stars from me, it's because the ratio of cost: product: product needed per use is not very good. Meaning it's really expensive for a small amount of product and it takes more than a tiny amount of product to use successfully.
That said, I used this after cleansing with a few cleansers but usually IT Cosmetics® Confidence in a Cleanser or [product:estée-lauder-perfectly-clean-splash-away-foaming-cleanser-n/c-skin].
The packaging is compact with a screw top and a sifter screen underneath. The actual product is a fine white powder that you pour into your hands and add water to make a thicker paste. Then you scrub on your face as normal and rinse. My skin definitely felt smooth after using the 2nd time and possibly brighter. It is the only product I have from them but would like to try more when my facial care product budget increases :)
Florence E.
Addison, TX
My new favorite exfoliater! I wish I had found it sooner and not spent so much money on the Kate Somerville one. It is so easy to use, just get your hands wet and pour this powder into your hand. I love it because you can pick how deep it will exfoliate. I was so shocked the next morning after using it, because my skin was glowing so much. I couldn't believe how well it worked for the price. My skin is veryyyy sensitive and I am super careful with everything I use, so if you have the same problem this product is definitely something to try!
Sofia C.
Georgia, USA
It is very effective in clearing your skin of the dead excess, and it's gentle too! I use it before I use foundation, and it makes the biggest difference so it doesn't look cakey. I recommend wetting a tissue and then pouring some of the powder to it and gently massaging into your skin because if you just pour it on to your hand, you are more likely to drop and waste some of it. Plus it stays concentrated on that one spot of the tissue instead of dispersing to other parts of your hand while you're trying to massage it in.
Bri W.
Baltimore, MD
I’ve gone through two of these smaller bottles and I just bought one of the bigger ones and I’m IN LOVE. Be warned - this is not your typical face wash. It is a powder that you mix (in the palm of your hand) with water to make a scrub. When i have really stubborn skin on certain days, i can use less water and the mixture is more ‘scrubby.’ Anyways - this product leaves your skin SO soft and glowing! It’s the absolute best face product I’ve ever used, and was recommended by my dermatologist.
Toniann G.
Salisbury Mls, NY
If I could give this 100 stars... I would! I got this travel size in a little skin care package from ulta. I use it every night as my cleanser. It is very gentle on the skin, and leaves it feeling so soft. The packaging is great, easy to just throw in your bag. After using it for about a month, my skin looked and felt better. My acne cleared up and the overall look was great. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to clear up their acne, and get super soft skin!
Emily H.
Hazleton, PA
Like most powder exfoliants, it does get messy and I feel like I don’t get as much coverage as I would like. Otherwise, I absolutely love it. It is a great rice enzyme exfoliator. I would honestly compare this to Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder, but it is less expensive. Definitely worth trying if you’re a fan of the tatcha powder!
Kelly G.
Princeton, WV
This was love at first use! I have kept my skincare pretty simple but decided to give this a try when I ran out of my other exfoliating. Simply AMAZING! It is a powder formula that you mix up with a bit of water into a foamy paste and wash on your face. After the first week of use my skin I had noticeably improved texture and my skin has never been more clear! It is an unexpected hero in my skincare routine. It is more expensive than what I normally gravitate to but the changes in my skin make it worth every penny! This product has opened my mind to Dermologica and I will be looking forward to trying more!
Vanessa J.
Clintwood, VA
I want to try this brand so badly, I’ve always tried to take the best possible care of my skin that I can, but definitely on a budget, that’s life in the Appalachian mountains ⛰ though I’ve tried to improve our lifestyle with everything in me, it seems as though I dream the impossible dreams! I know I have to step up my skincare at this age, would anyone help me should I go with this brand?
Ri♡er L.
Thorold, ON
What is the ph of this?
Arti B.
Orange Park, FL
Can you purchase this size if you are not a professional?
Lexi H.
Sylvania, OH
Is this really worth the price?
Sarah B.
S Lake Tahoe, CA
Hey guys so I love this stuff but it's hard to come by sometimes so do you recommend anything similar in texture and results??

back