dermalogica® Daily Microfoliant

Daily Microfoliant

Achieve brighter, smoother skin every day with this iconic exfoliating powder. Rice-based powder activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice Enzymes to polish skin to perfection. A Skin Brightening Complex of Phytic Acid from Rice Bran, White Tea and Licorice helps balance uneven skin tone while a super-soothing blend of Colloidal Oatmeal and Allantoin calms skin. Gentle enough for daily use.

Gluten-free
Vegan
No artificial fragrances and colors
Paraben-free
Certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny and PETA cruelty-free

Benefits
Removes dulling surface debris and evens skin tone.
Reveals brighter, smoother skin.
Gentle enough for daily use.

How to use
Dispense about a half-teaspoon of Daily Microfoliant® into very wet hands and create a creamy paste by rubbing hands together. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Massage gently for one minute, then rinse thoroughly. Follow with Multi-Active Toner or UltraCalming Mist and prescribed Dermalogica Moisturizer.

Quick tip
Pair with nighttime use of Daily Resurfacer to help reduce the signs of premature aging.

Ingredients
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Hexylene Glycol.

Dermalogica is dedicated to maintaining the accuracy of the ingredient lists on this website. However, because ingredients are subject to change, we cannot guarantee that these lists are complete, up-to-date and/or error-free. For an accurate listing of ingredients in each product, please refer to your product packaging.

Does this irritate the skin? I have very very sensitive skin and find exfoliates can be rough, tingly and painful at the point of use
Start your review of dermalogica® Daily Microfoliant!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...this product and I'm already so in love with it! It's gentle on my super sensitive skin, yet it exfoliates so well and leaves my skin clean, smooth, and hydrated. It is a powder, but with a little water you can build the consistency that you are most comfortable with. ” in reviews
San Antonio , TX
Purchased at: ULTA
I typically shy away from physical exfoliants because of how problematic they can be to the skin causing micro tears. However, as someone who seems to always feel like I have 'grime' on my face at the end of the day, I love a good physical exfoliator sometimes. The microexfoliant is super fine and doesn't feel near as harsh as others. You use this after a double cleanse. You then disperse the product on the palm of your hand and rub it together to make a sort of paste. Typically I have residual water on my hands from cleansing and that works well however more water may be needed. When making the paste, you must make sure that the paste is wet enough to breakdown the exfoliator because then it'll be harsh on the skin. Once the beads dissolve down into a size where you can hardly feel it, then it's safe for the face. Since using it (2 weeks) I have noticed and overall improvement in my skin. My texture has improved significantly and I have seen a small improvement in my dark spots. I also appreciate the fact that it helps calm down redness in my skin! I have pretty dry, sensitive, and acne prone skin and the microexfoliant doesn't dry me out or irritate the skin. As mentioned, it helps calm it! Though I've only been using it for 2 weeks, it's definitely a holy grail product for me.
dermalogica® Daily Microfoliant uploaded by ansh T.
I recieved this product in a Vox Box for free, in exchange for my honest review. I have used an oat based physical exfoliant in the past and I would say this one is definitely superior, as it had a more creamy texture as it was rubbed into the skin. A warning about any oat exfoliant, this one not excluded, it smells like infant spit up. My skin isn't extremely sensitive and this did seem a bit abrasive to me. Maybe I scrubbed a bit too hard or my skin is more sensitive than normal though. It's definitely more gentle than a traditional scrub that uses apricot or walnut seed. To use, you pour a teaspoon amount into the palm of the hand and add a tiny amount of water to make it into a paste. (I like to let the water drip from my fingertips so I don't get too much.) Then directions say to rub in for one minute. I don't see myself using this daily, as directed. But as a once a week scrub or when my skin is flaky, I will definitely reach for this product.
Kensington, MD
dermalogica® Daily Microfoliant uploaded by Valentina O.
I received this for free for my honest review. I loved the product and the clean feeling I got after use. It really helps to get that dull dead skin exfoliates and get bright smooth results. I found it very gentle and could have used daily but I prefer to stick to my routine off 3x a week that's just what has worked for me. The only con is the price! I couldn't go out and rebut this at this brands prices. However if your pocket allows for high end pricing absolutely recommend, its a great product and has done amazing things for my texture, smoothness and brightness. I might have to start a fund to put away the money for when I'm running low on this, it really makes a difference and I have seen the texture which is very big issue for me, start to smooth over. It's truly a great product that will give you results but if that pricing was more affordable I could go 5 stars.
Virginia Bch, VA
3 years and counting since I've started using this. I was excited to start using an exfoliator because I always wanted smooth and glowy skin. When I saw that Dermalogica had a daily microfoliant, I was interested. I knew that you shouldn't use a more abrasive exfoliant daily because it can strip the natural oils from your skin and also irritate it. But what I love about the daily microfoliant, is that it is gentle enough to use in the morning AND at night. I like to use it after a spin workout. I just feel like the extra scrub after my face wash really helps to get the rest of the sweat off of my face. My skin type is combo/ oily-acne and this is amazing for my skin. I do find that it helps in the process of diminishing my acne layer by layer. I recommend this to anyone looking for a little boost in their overall complexion. Just a little microfoliant, some water, and you're good to go. Definite repurchase.
Watchung, NJ
This product made my skin feel super soft after using it! It also is extremely gentle like it says and is something you really can use daily if you wanted to. The powder easily works into a paste once you add a little bit of water to it and it's not abrasive to the skin at all like a lot of other physical exfoliants might be. The product contains salicylic acid, which is usually the number one acid to help clear pores and draw out excess oil in the skin to help promote cell turnover. It also has oatmeal, which is a soothing ingredient to help moisturize the skin and licorice root extract, which is an anti-inflammatory that is used to fight inflammation and can help treat redness on the skin. It is not drying like a lot of other products with salicylic acid can be. I definitely saw results after using this, my face was a lot clearer and my complexion was more even.
Bunker hill, WV
Purchased at: ULTA
As someone who doesn’t know ~that~ much about skincare and uses mostly drug store products, I was really excited to try this product after watching tons of videos/reading reviews about it. I bought a sample size from ulta (bc yikes I was not about to spend $60 on a full size) and at first I thought it wasn’t too bad. However, I have pretty sensitive skin when it comes to switching products and about a week after using it (which says it’s gentle enough to use every day) my face broke out in some of the most PAINFUL sores/pimples I have ever had. You can tell it makes your skin very clean but at the same time strips away your natural oils. I personally can’t stand to use a heavy moisturizer so I used my normal face cream after this product and it hurt my face. I stopped using this product and almost immediately my skin went back to normal.
Harrisburg, PA
This is an absolute must haves for me... Not only does it help keep my color of my face even toned especially down around my jawline where I have some discoloration but it keeps my pores at their smallest and helps with some of the scars I have from old acne! It is gentle to use every single day! And all around a wonderful product so if you're looking for that microdermabrasion kind of feel of a product something to help smooth out your skin make it more perfect than maybe it already is this is definitely your item!!! This is one that I definitely will not go without! I finally even have my 17 year old son using it. and I'm telling you after just one use if you use it as directed you will see a huge difference in being love! dermalogica® Daily Microfoliant
York, PA
This product is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! They are right when they say the is the "holy grail". My facialist recommended the entire Dermatologica line. She said that this was the only thing that helped cure her from adult acne. I bought a lot of products from this line, but this is by far my favorite product. It is a gentle rice-based enzyme exfoliant. It also contains a lot of ingredients that help sooth skin including green tea, gingko, and oatmeal. Leaves your skin feeling very refreshed and smooth! I tend to get a lot of blackheads around my nose and milia on my cheeks/chin. This is the one product that has made a huge difference in my skin care routine. A lot of my friends and coworkers have mentioned that my skin looks a lot more smooth and even. Highly recommend!
Antioch, CA
I’ve been using this product daily for a couple of weeks now and have been pleasantly surprised at the results. I thought this might caused irritation since I already use an coarser exfoliant about once a week but this has been wonderful! I can use it in the morning before work without concerns with redness and my foundation glides on smooth after. It’s truly more of a polish than what I’d consider exfoliant. The smell surprised me initially. It’s not a horrible smell, more like a baking soda type smell. After noticing it’s free if artificial fragrance and color, I consider it a fair trade and have gotten used to it. Overall, I’d recommend it and will likely try more dermalogica products in the future. It leaves my sensitive skin feeling very soft and smooth.
Elk Grove , CA
I remember hearing about this product from a coworker who described it as being "just baking soda" Boy was she wrong! This gentle exfoliator is pretty awesome and a little goes a long way so it's actually a pretty good value. In my experience my skin appeared to get worse as far as peeling and dryness after I started using it, but this was nothing a good moisturizer couldn't help. Soon after I started noticing how soft and supple my skin felt. I also really like how such a small amount really works once you mix in a little bit of water. It's really easy to use and does produce great results! I can see why it gets so many awards and accolades!**This product was provided to me gratis by BzzAgent in exchange for my honest review**

209 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sanger, CA
Newark, DE
il y a 6 jours
Patty M. • il y a 3 jours
Si es muy bueno porque al momento de usarlo te deja suave la piel y no irrita