BY DERMALOGICA

Weightless water-gel moisturizer hydrates dry, sensitive skin. Refreshing gel formula transforms into a skin-quenching fluid upon application, forming a weightless barrier against environmental assault.

• Do you typically use this in the AM or PM?5 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Jenn B.
Cochranville, PA
This product is truly unlike anything else I've used (and I'm a self-proclaimed skincare junkie!). The texture is hard to describe because it's so different from most other products. It dispenses as a gel, then goes on as a very weightless texture, somewhere in between a gel and pure water. Quite different from "gel moisturizers" because this feels truly like a gel in consistency and not just a gel-inspired moisturizer. Immediately after I apply it, my skin looks like I just used a sheet mask -- drenched in water-based hydration. The product is so gentle and soothing, and it has a very natural, almost medicinal scent with hints of lavender. I loved the natural smell of it (no added fragrances). Skin is super hydrated without any grease/weight and perfectly prepared if you want to apply a few drops of a skin oil over it, or if you want an even hydrated base for applying makeup. Photos show a before and after applying the gel to the back of my hand. I wish the price was a little lower, but I will probably still repurchase it anyway. I received this product free for testing purposes in a Voxbox from Influenster.
Heidi H.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}

I find this to be very refreshing and beautifully lightweight! I appreciate that it is moisturizing without leaving my skin feeling greasy or as if it has a heavy fit on it. I am excited to try this in the summer months as I think the lightweight formula will be fabulous! I found that i wore well under my makeup, not causing any issues throughout the day. After continued use of the Calm Water Gel, I did not have any breakouts or skin sensitivity issues. All around it was GREAT! While Dermalogica is on the higher end of skin care, it definitely is worth every penny! I have never tried a Dermalogica product that I didn’t absolutely love, and this one falls right in the same “Skin Care LOVE” category! I did receive this product for free through influenster, in exchange for an honest review, but have to say this is one that I will definitely repurchase!

Taylor M.
Orangeburg, SC
I REALLY loved this lightweight moisturizer. I've been using it for a little over a month since I received it complimentary from Influenster. It's definitely something I will buy again because I could see a noticeable difference in some dryness and irritation issues I was having as a result of our weather. I am really looking forward to using it during the summer because I really like lightweight skincare during the humid summers here in SC. I think this will be perfect. The texture is great and the light fragrance is so pleasant. I am especially appreciative that there are no frightening artificial ingredients. It's truly hard to find high-quality products without awful chemicals.
Sally Z.
Dilworth, MN
I just refreshed my face with a face mask and then I applied both the calm water gel and the barrier defense booster via Dermalogica!! I received these products via Influenster and I'm so thankful since I have never tried these products before. The first time I used the products I used them separately but today I mixed them together. The products are very light and feel good on my skin. At first I didn't realize that the calm water gel was a moisturizer until I read the back of the bottle and it also comes out looking off white and obviously more gel like then a normal moisturizer. The barrier defense booster is an oil. The only thing I haven't mastered yet is getting the oil drops out from the bottle...that part is a little hard and tricky. :) The products do leave a little sticky residue on the face but none to bothersome and the scent is light and clean. Again I'm very happy I was given the chance to trial these items and that I was chosen for this campaign!! :) #ultracalming #calmwatergel #barrierdefensebooster #contest #complimentary @Influenster @dermalogica
Allison N.
Washington, DC
This was a very interesting product to receive, and I have never seen anything like it. Now, that honestly surprises me because I consider myself pretty up to date on all things skincare, and I regularly research what's new and "in" when it comes to skin! This moisturizer starts out as a gel and then hydrates your skin so effectively before you put on makeup. I suffer from dry skin, so this has been a real lifesaver, especially during the winter months when my skin takes a beating. I would totally buy it!
Christina M.
Vestavia, AL
I'm a minimalist when it comes to skincare and makeup, so I really loved this product! It is very easy to apply (and clear, so no worrying about leaving visible residue), feels absolutely fantastic, and definitely keeps my face feeling fresh and moisturized all day long. I'm very active, and I found that when I get sweaty it does leave a bit of a dewy look, which I don't mind at all, as it can be easily covered with makeup if you don't like the look. Would definitely purchase again!
Katherine M.
Denver, CO
I like the effects of the Calmwater Gel very much, however, it feels a little too "wet" for me. It feels cool and pleasant upon applying, not greasy dry and the wet seeking goes away. For me, though it's better used when I'm not going to where makeup. I used the gel as part of my regular morning and night beauty routine for five days before writing this review. My skin is combination, olive, sensitive, and prone to occasional breakouts. The gel improved my skin tone and texture and had no noticeable impact, either positive or negative, on my occasional acne. Please note: I received the product at no cost because I won a contest.
Lisa C.
This Dermalogica Calming Water Gel is extremely lightweight. Despite the apple fruit extract and cactus pear extract, the scent of this water gel is not fruity. I feel like it is on the expensive side for so little product ($48 for 1.7 fl oz), and would not purchase this product when I am done with it.
Leigh L.
Nyack, NY
I received this product to test. I have tried it through the cold winter, and took it with me to Florida to test in warmer climates. I love how it goes on, and how it feels on the skin, it is so light. I have extremely dry skin so I had to reapply to get my skin moisturized, but this is common issue I face. I really enjoy it though, and has been my go to since receiving it to test out for free.
Paloma G.
This product has been a great addition to my skin care routine! I have dry skin with a tendency of being acne prone at times and I absolutely love this moisturizer. I find it very relaxing and quite enjoy the feeling of this product when I put it on my face, the gel has a cooling effect that glides so easy to the skin and melts leaving my skin very hydrated. I have been using this for over a month now and my skin is loving it. I also love that this is in a gel form and because of that my pores don't get clogged. I would highly recommend this to everyone with dry and/or mature skin. I would like to thank Influenster for letting me try this full size product!
Sofia I.
Hauppauge, NY
Do you typically use this in the AM or PM?