BY DERMABLEND #44 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (Smudge Resistant, Long Wearability) - Original. Helps set makeup & enhance wearability With a smudge-resistance formula Provides full coverage of vitiligo, birthmarks, rosacea, pigmentation disorders, tattoos & all... see more...

• Does the dermblend loose setting powder have flashback?? Dermable...1 Answers
  • Do you always set your under eye concealer with a setting powder?...2 Answers
  • Which one works better for you? Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (...1 Answers
Jenny D.
Pacific Plsds, CA
PLEASE DO NOT CAKE THIS ON YOUR UNDER EYES! You will get flashback. Not all cameras work the same so some may give a nice blurred under eye highlight and some can look ghostly. This powder is perfect for my undereyes because it sets everything in place and it doesn't budge. If you have this and you don't want to throw it away, I would recommend a powder foundation to dust this off. That method works well. I have really tan skin, being that I'm Cambodian so I can relate to the POC when it comes to makeup.
This product is so finely milled and soft. I use a damp beauty blender to apply it on my undereyes but I do tap the blender on my hand so I don't get too much product.
Erica R.
Clarksville, TN
I got this setting powder when I purchased the cover concealer. I knew nothing about the brand when I first bought this. The price point is higher than what I normally like to pay but you get so much product.
It is your run of the mill white loose setting powder but it is seriously finely milled. It has never left me with flashback. I especially love it for setting my undereyes since I have a hard time finding a powder that wouldn't settle into fine lines or make my undereyes look too dry. This is so great with a damp BB and lightly pressed over concealer or foundation to set. The jar should last you awhile too so it's pretty much worth the price.
Emily J.
I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I was sent this as a sample from ulta and decided to try it:)
So, how did it work?
The application was extremely easy. A little messy though. I feel like that happens to all loose powders. It made my face look flawless and really blurred some of the flaws. Another thing is the packaging. It is simple and easy to get product out:)
Now, I personally never gravitate to loose powders because somehow, they always go everywhere. Although, I honestly think this is worth having a little mess because it goes above and beyond. It doesn't dry out my face or leave me having flashback in pictures:)
Overall, I highly recommend this product for anyone looking for an amazing setting powder!
Christina H.
This powder is a must for everyone in my opinion. You can bake with it, dust it all over for a soft set of your makeup, or even use it without makeup to help control oil if you get shiny during the day. It has zero flashback, so it's safe for flash photography and it's made be dermatologists, so it is non-comedogenic (which means it won't clog your pores) and it's skin safe! The loose version ($24) comes in two variations; you can get the original translucent or the cool beige translucent and the pressed version ($27) only comes in the original translucent.
Ny P.
Lafayette, LA
It is a very fine loose setting powder. It is great for the under-eye, I had no smudge or creasing all day. However, it loses stars because it does not pass the photo-test. I mean talk about flashback, it's really bad. No matter how much I tried to dust it off, it still showed up in photos. Also for how much it costed me ($28), it is super small amount. An almost exact dupe of this is the NYX Studio Finishing (has the same flashback) but it's a lot cheaper and you get more product.
Monique V.
Palmdale, CA
I cannot STRESS how amazing this product is! I’ve used it no joke for about four years! Easy to apply and doesn’t make my skin feel dry! It’s also water resistant so Hello! I always recommend this product! It’s seriously a hidden gem! It’s pricy but not outrageous & honestly it lasts a long time!
Megan F.
Great setting powder. I was looking for a replacement of one that I had similar to this, but you didn’t get as much product. With this brand, you get A lot of product for the money. Also, with this brand, they’re well known for products to cover up tattoos, blemishes, dark/light spots and this powder would do an excellent job of setting their foundations and concealers
Caressa H.
Johnston, IA
This powder is legit, seriously! I don't think I could ever find another setting powder that lasts as long as this brand and works as well to cancel all shine from oil and makeup. This makes my makeup velvety smooth and matte without clogging my pores. Whatever you do, DO NOT cake this under your eyes though, it will give you flashback on pictures. I little goes a long way.
Crystal K.
i got a sample of this from ulta and i think it works really great. it does not leave a white cast after setting my makeup. it helps my makeup to stay on all day. It is really light and i dont think that you need a lot to set your makeup. i read some reviews and people said that it irritated their skin and made them break out but it did not do that for me
Ashley H.
Antioch , CA
I was hoping this product would work just as well as the Laura Mercier powder did for me but sadly it did not. After applying the powder I noticed that my foundation looked patchy, and as the day went on my smile lines were looking horrible. I got a lot of creasing which was very disappointing 😭 I wouldn’t recommend if you have very oily skin and tend to crease often!
Lluvia O.
Moore, SC
I wonder if someone can tell me if this product is a good option to set my makeup?, I'm looking for a great loose powder to set my makeup, because the one that I use dries my skin too much. Thank you!
Amanda H.
Greenfield, MA
How do I go about using this?
Pammy S.
Apple Valley, MN
Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (Smudge Resistant, Long Wearability) - Original. Does this Powder have any flashback? Like the white cast during flash photography
💄tara a.
Yorba Linda, CA
Do you always set your under eye concealer with a setting powder? And if you said yes, what is your favorite setting powder? My current favorites are the Dermablend Loose Setting Powder (Smudge Resistant, Long Wearability) - Original. And Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Coralys R.