BY DERMABLEND

Ensures smudge-resistance. Enhances wearability. For use with medium/tan skin tones. Can be used as a bronzer and to set make-up on fair, light or medium skin tones. see more...

Kristen N.
Parma, OH
Back after the New Year, I  received an email from Ulta sharing that the Dermablend Loose Setting Powder was on sale.  This intrigued me.  I  knew that a loose setting powder was needed to set your make up and contour for the day, but I  worried that the "baking" strategy would lead to breakouts for me, so when I  heard the name "Dermablend," I decided that I needed to do some research.  Dermablend is a make-up line known for covering up skin conditions and that the make-up is made for skin problems, whether it is acne, scars, or extremely sensitive skin, so I    figured that their products HAD to be breakout proof.  Although I missed the Ulta sale, the last time I  was at Ulta, I picked this up to try it.  I  have sensitive, combination skin, so I'm always worried about a reaction that leads to itchiness or a major breakout (which is generally an acne cyst).  Reading about this product indicated that it was non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, and hypo-allergenic, which means that it does not lead to breakouts, does not clog pores, and does not cause an allergic reaction.  Knowing that, I had to try it.  And I am so glad I did!

When you use this powder, it is quite a different concept, as you are "baking" or setting your make-up.  You are piling on the powder, allowing it to "bake" or set the make-up, and then buffing it off.  I  have never done this before.  I  was concerned buffing the powder would remove the make-up, but the make-up was definitely set and did not budge.  The buffing removed the excess, allowing the natural skin tone to shine through.  I    learned that if I let it bake too long, I  often felt the translucent tone of the make-up would make my skin look too pale.  The Dermablend website says to let it set for two minutes, and that really does appear to be the magic number.  Regardless, even if you let it bake too long, the powder wears off, yet the make-up stays in place. Before you try it, definitely watch the tutorial on the website.

This really has to be one of the better powders out there, as my make-up pretty much stayed in place all day.  Don't expect any powder to be a miracle worker--after all, I'm not exchanging my oily yet dry combination skin for better skin!  But after wearing it all day for multiple days during different times of the month, this stands the test for a full day at work.  I  still need to powder my make-up during the day at work, but even when the oil starts to appear, I feel like my make-up is still in place, unlike previously, where my face would get oily, the make-up would slide off, and my contour was basically gone.  Even if I don't get to powder my face during a busy day at work,  my make-up still looks better than with other products.

I  still need to freshen up my face make-up after work and before dinner, but my make-up looks so much better after a long day at work than it used to.  On top of that, I  have not had an allergic reaction or an adverse skin reaction after using it, which leads to verification of their claims of hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, and non-acnegenic.

If you are looking to bake or set your make up, I  would highly recommend this product!

Anne S.
This covers EVERYTHING!
Pros: Dermablend will cover every imperfection. Hide blemishes, blackheads, scars, and uneven skin. Your will be blown away with the results. A little goes a long way. The color selection is amazing and matching most skin tones is easy.
Cons: This is NOT for everyday use. Dermablend is heavy and should be reapplied every 3-4 hours. Removal is tough. I typically do a cleansing mask after wear. Blending can take a while because the consistency is very thick, similar to stage makeup. Adequate lighting during application is a MUST. The finishing powder is helpful to avoid looking dewy.
Overall, Dermablend is worth the effort for important meetings and special occasions.
Mickenzie G.
mckinney
It was okay, but for me I don’t like baking all that much so I would only keep the powder on for a little and then wipe away. That did not work though for my skin, so I did let mine set for a while one time and it made my skin look matte and flawless and kept my makeup matte and set through the day! So I do recommend if you like to bake, but if you just want it on for a little (like me) then I would explore a different setting powder.
Amanda M.
I have this in the translucent shade and it's my all time favorite high end loose setting powder .. even tho it looks white and like an HD powder it's not, it's very finely milled and smooth .. it blurs fine lines and pores without looking heavy or cakey .. you can even bake with this powder without it leaving any sort of white cast which I really love about it .. it's also not super pricey for a high end powder which is always a plus
Kara N.
Kent, OH
I've been using this product for about a week and wanted to make sure I did so to give the most helpful review I could. I use this product for baking and setting my foundation and concealer. I have dryer skin, so leaving it on for 10 minutes the first day was too much. I looked chalky and even dryer before hydrating setting spray. After that, I only left it on between 2 and 5 minutes to bake. This gave me a much smoother look, but still required more hydrating spray than I've had to use in the past. The quality of the powder doesn't feel as nice or as fine as some of the others out on the market. And I feel like there are plenty others with more consistency and that are easier to use. I don't foresee myself buying this product again in the future. While it did keep my makeup intact all day, it was just too much to work against.
Sandy B.
San Diego, CA
I was very nervous to try this powder for the price because a lady at Ulta recommended it to me but I try to not spend more than $20. Here I am buying for almost double the price and I’m never going back. This powder keeps my face matte despite me getting oily very easily. Ive also been using this for over 6 months now and I still have over half the jar left!
mireya m.
cypress, TX
I received this for my birthday this year so I cannot speak for the price. I believe they got it on sale for around 20 dollars so if that's the case it's a good price. But as for the actual product, I love it. I use it for baking of course and its super nice, it makes your under eyes look so flawless and poreless, I rated it a four because I'm aware that the shade range is a little off there are only like three shades? The shade matches my skin tone but I would have rather gotten a lighter shade to accentuate my under eyes. That can easily be fixed as I can just go a shade lighter, but I'm aware that for people of color and for really light people that might be an issue.
Cindy D.
I love this powder!! It’s expensive, but it’s a decent amount and comes with a powder puff. I have dry skin and I feel that it plays very nicely with it. It’s smooths me out. Every time I wear this, people tell me my makeup looks flawless. It locks my makeup in place all day, no transfer. Suitable for baking but it takes A LOT. I would recommend this to anyone!
Maria M.
I like how this sits on the skin, but it flashes on camera. It makes me look too ghostly and I am not a big fan of that. Before trying this produc I was using the Laura Mercier one and enjoyed that one better. This one tends to sit on my dry areas. I like it but would not buy again .
Kelsea S.
Chesterfield, VA
I recently this product in a sample box, and was excited to try. I really do like the way that the product initially sits on the skin. Over time though, it does seem to easily fade away. Another thing is it is VERY white, at least to me. I find I have to wipe a lot away because the color is making me appear a bit ghostly. I have had to play with it to achieve how to make it stick without having that white flash back look. Dermablend Loose Setting Powder
Alyssa H.
Does this require a specific brush to apply with? Would a beauty blender be okay?
Susan kyeraa G.
Burgos
Is this product good for a darkskin?
Escential +.
How is this like after use on top of foundation ? Is it more matte ? More glossy ? How is it like ?
Jolene J.
Farmington, MN
What is the best way to apply this? I know everyone has a different preference, I just like to hear everyone's experience with it! :)
Elaign B.
Hondo, TX
Just bought this because i saw a make up tutorial in youtube in hiding the deep acne scarring but this doenst work good.. just making my scar more noticable.. not worth the bucks..