BY DERMA E

Purifying Gel Cleanser - DermaE's Purifying Gel Cleanser has a pH balanced formula that lathers away sweat, oil and toxin buildup for a glowing complexion. Fragrance and sulfate free. - Purifying Gel Cleanser see more...

• About how long did this product last you and how long did...1 Answers
  • Does this product work better than the Very Clear Cleanse...2 Answers
Kristen W.
Griffin, GA
Derma E has been kind enough to send me a bunch of their products, including two bottles of this cleanser. All opinions are my own. I have always heard great things about this, but now I believe the hype. I used up my first bottle during the summer and I really liked it. I switched to another cleanser afterwards and after two months my face started breaking out. After I ran out of that one, I switched back to Derma E and my skin has cleared up so much. This cleanser is excellent at removing dirt and debris thanks to the charcoal. It keeps my skin squeaky clean. You will absolutely need to use a cleansing oil or balm to remove makeup before hand as this cleanser has a gel-like consistency. It can dry out my skin just a little bit, but that is a small price to pay for clear, even skin. I will continue to use it and purchase it when this bottle runs out.
Juvella T.
Bronx
I'm starting to think that this is actually my new HG cleanser as it removes all the grime off my face and actually helps clear whatever acne I have. It also helps balance my skin and makes me feel refreshed like a cleanser should. Do note that this cleanser is NOT meant to take off waterproof/long-lasting makeup, if you want to remove your makeup completely then you have to use a separate makeup remover (which I personally do not mind). The value of it is decent 6 fl oz for around $12-15. Now what I especially love are the ingredients and how natural they are and how they DON'T irritate my skin or break me out! Derma e is also cruelty free!
Joanna N.
Brookeville, MD
I’ve gone through 4 bottles of this facial cleanser so far and am quite impressed with my skin. My face is the clearest it’s been in a long while with no breakouts. The cleanser is gentle on skin. I didn’t really think much of it at first but I’ve noticed my skin to be clearer while continuously using this product. I can also say that the bottle lasted me quite a while but when I went back to re-purchase the last time I was disappointed to see they have changed their packaging which seems a bit smaller and is labeled a bit different.. Isn’t it the worst when companies gain more attention and change a good thingFor more profit!? Overall I like it!
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Cleansers are one skincare product that I just can't settle on. Whenever I think I find the perfect cleanser for my skin, they're always a ton more lined up that I just *have* to try. derma e is an all natural, vegan, environmentally-friendly brand of skin care that focuses on the antioxidant theory of aging. All of derma e's products are fragrance-free, paraben/phtalate-free, GMO-free, non-comedogenic, gluten-free, and cruelty-free, and are void of mineral oil and dyes. This pH-balanced cleanser is formulated with Kimarine Wakame, which is a potassium- and magnesium-rich marine algae proven to protect skin against environmental pollutants, Bladderwack, an antioxidant-rich, mineral-rich seaweed known for its water-binding properties that supports healthy hydration, and activated charcoal, which absorbs impurities and helps remove toxins from the skin's surface. I've been using this cleanser twice a day for about 2 weeks, and I'm happy to say that it removes dirt, sebum, and oil well without drying out my skin at all, and I've noticed a decrease in blackheads/congestion, which I'll contribute to the activated charcoal. Overall, pretty solid cleanser! I'm definitely impressed with its gentle cleansing power and all natural ingredients list, I'll be repurchasing this one for sure once it runs out! Even though it's marketed towards normal to oily skin, I feel like this would be gentle enough even for those with drier skin types.
Meghan H.
carol stream, IL
This cleanser was a skin care game changer for me. It cleared my skin and i love it! Definitely a staple in my skin care routine and the fact that it's a black cleanser is super cool!
Natasha G.
Port St Lucie, FL
I've been on the hunt since I was a teenager for a clearer that would work for my acne prone, very oily, and sensitive skin. When I purchased this in March, I was skeptical because as I've started using more natural and greener products, I was afraid it would break me out (most natural cleanser have coconut derived ingredients and my skin BREAKS out with coconut oil). But since then, it has become a beauty regimen staple and I'm on my second bottle now (I'm a little heavy handed with cleaning products). I pair it with the same skin type line's moisturizer and it hasn't failed me yet!
Vania G.
This wasn't all that impressive. I didn't see any difference in my skin for all of the benefits that it's supposed to have. I personally see it as pretty gimmicky. It didn't dry my skin out or break me out, though.
Amanda L.
Fremont, OH
I love this stuff. It’s so exfoliating and leaves you feeling so clean and soft. I had a bunch of trouble spots on my forehead and after a few uses with this they are gone!!! Would 100% repurchase!!
Aly J.
Frankfort, IL
I have been a Clinique girl since 2007. I literally have not used any other skin care since then. When I received this product from Dermae, I was shocked!! This product made my skin so soft and very clear. It also gave my skin a nice glow to it. I was surprised that my skin reacted so positively to this facial cleanser. I am completely sold on this cleanser. I will still use the Clinique clarifying lotion. But, thus cleanser will remain in my bathroom from now on. If you have oily acne prone skin, I highly recommend this cleanser.
Karen P.
Durham, NC
I was given this to review. This cleanser made me fall in love with facial products with charcoal in them. I'm so sad I can't find this one for normal/oily skin in any store near me. This cleanser makes my skin look and feel amazing! As soon as I can find it in store I will stock up.
Elizabeth d.
Piggott, AR
Does this product work better than the Very Clear Cleanser for acne prone skin?
Lily B.
Oceanside, CA
About how long did this product last you and how long did it take to see results? I know it works different for everyone but just to get an average