BY DERMA E

PURIFYING CHARCOAL MASK see more...

• Is this your to go? Do you actually notice it working?3 Answers
  • Can this be used with dry, sensitive skin?2 Answers
  • I've been looking for a good face mask for a good price. ...1 Answers
Derma E Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
  • "I love this mask! It's my go to for controlling my blemishes. After my first use, my skin looked amazing. The activated charcoal pulled all of the toxins out of my skin making my pores smaller and my skin radiant and clear. It greatly reduced my blemishes and combated any future ones. The exfoliation may be harsh for those with sensitive skin but I thought it was super helpful." in 9 reviews
Stacy S.
2,139 reviews
I received a sample of this product in a beauty bag. It was very essy to use and made my skin feel soft and smooth. I love this product and plan to purchase the full size so I can use it again!
Sara T.
Got this in my recent Birchbox and I love it! The best part is that it dries really quickly (says keep in for 5min or until dry). So it's perfect for right before bed. I apply, floss and brush teeth, then remove mask.
I enjoy that it's a mask, but it also exfoliates. You let sit and then wet fingers and gently rub. Then rinse. It eliminates the feeling of wanting to wash your face with something else after a mask.

It does burn a bit, but I was still able to keep it on until dry. I have sensitive skins so if something is going to burn too much my skin will tell me lol. There was no redness afterwards either.

My pores were reduced and my face felt soft. It says use it 1-2 times a week so we'll see over time ifu skin improves. So far I'm in love though.

You can see in the photo the exfoliating bits, plus it's already drying at the edges between the Swatch and photo, which was like 3 seconds.
Kasey J.
Highly recommend. So soothing to irritated skin and the scrub felt good on my sensitive skin . I was sastified with this product and would recommend for problem skin or if u just want to give yourself a nice relaxing facial
Viveca C.
I'm picky about my blackheads. My nose sometimes looks like a strawberry! I've tried a lot of things on the market.

I'll first tell you this — I hate pore strips with all my heart. They dry out your skin, and basically stretches your skin in ways where it doesn't need to be stretched. Lifting is always the answer not stretching!

So I tried a couple of charcoal masks because it's way more gentle. This one is the best one I've tried. But because I have very deep set and STUBBORN blackheads, I need the aid of popping after the mask. But it makes it much easier if I put on the mask before I start the popping process. I also use a facial electronic spatula to make it easier on my nose, because popping them can be dangerous if you don't know the correct technique. I've bruised my nose before and popped a blood vessel. So be careful!

I love this charcoal mask though! Inexpensive as well.
Krystle H.
Titusville, FL
.This is one of the best charcoal mask i've tried. You only need to use a small amount to cover you face with a thin even layer. It takes about 5- 7 mins to dry. Then wash off with warm water and pat dry. My face had a nice silky feeling for the rest of the day. No redness or irritation after use. I avoid any makeup after using this mask to help my face breath and rejuvenate a bit. Highky recommend this mask.
Emily E.
Stockton, CA
This was a fun product! Mask and exfoliator in one!! The mask hardens really quick too, despite having put a thick layer on. I had a small sample received from ulta and it made a nice caked mask which really fried quickly (2-3 mins). It was weird to use water on the mask and swirl the exfoliating bits around. This mask didn't really have a strong scent. Once the water was added to exfoliate it quickly thinned the mask and was quite easy to wash off. This just was a different kind of product for me to try out.

Pros: dries quickly, effective mask/exfoliater, lightly scented, easy clean-up

Cons: once water added the mask really does melt down which could be messy with too much water.

I probably wouldn't buy again, as I just don't see a need personally for this product.
Jessica D.
Virginia Bch, VA
I purchased this mask in a recent skincare haul from Ulta, and I have to say this has quickly become my new holy grail charcoal mask. I have combo/oily skin and the combination of this being a charcoal mask and exfoliant is amazing for my skin. This has a bit of a tingly sensation when you first apply it, but I don't mind that. The mask dries extremely fast and washes off easily as well. My skin is always so smooth after using this. I've noticed a pretty big difference in my pores and the overall glow of my skin. The only drawback of this mask is that I wish it came with more product. Regardless, I will definitely be keeping this on hand and part of my regular skincare routine for now.
Melody S.
I received this in a Birchbox and loved it so much I bought a full size. It dries quickly on the skin and is easy to remove. After use my skin looked clearer and I swear it significantly shrunk a pimple off my face. This is 19.95 at Ulta but I found it for around 10-13$ on amazon. I took off one star because when you apply it with your finger it starts to dry on your hands, therefore wasting a bit of product. I'll try to apply this next time with a mask spatula or brush.
Jessica N.
Mesa, AZ
I LOVE this product. It's a scrub & a mask in one, & I love multitasking products. It's also affordable as well as vegan & cruelty free, which is a total plus. 🐰

It's easy to apply, as it comes in a tube (which also makes it more sanitary than others that come in jars). It comes out like toothpaste, which means its thicker than their previous scrub/mask (which I had a love/hate relationship with), & it really have a tingling sensation (to me anyway). I usually wash my face, then when it's damp, apply a thin layer. It doesn't take long to dry at all. When it is dry (10 mins later), I wet my fingertips to re-wet the mask, then lightly massage it in for exfoliation, as it contains apricot seed powder for just that purpose. I rinse it off & I'm good to go! 😊

I definitely recommend this one!
Kristy C.
Abington, PA
Derma E Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask is my all time absolute favorite mask for blemishes. I now use it to prevent breakouts and thankfully it works! The struggle is over. The color is gray and the texture is a gritty clay. This feels like a typical mud mask and hardens as it dries. Rinsing takes a bit of an effort but, trust me, it’s so worth it. It’s reasonably priced and I’ve repurchased several times. Highly recommended.
Alaiah A.
Cartersville, GA
Where can I find this? And is it hard to remove?
Lisa O.
Rocky Top, TN
Has anyone tried Dermae Purifying Charcoal Derma E Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask ? I won these and I am super excited to try them!
tesla r.
Ball, LA
Is this your to go? Do you actually notice it working?
Maura K.
Waltham, MA
Does this mask tend to dry out the face? I tend to have that problem with masks like this.
Carly C.
What makes it 2-in-1? Is it a mask and a scrub?