BY DENTEK

Protect your teeth from damage caused by nighttime teeth grinding with the DenTek™ Maximum Protection Dental Guard, the only over-the-counter night guard that includes a forming tray for a close-to-professional fit at home. Includes dental guard, exclusive forming tray, and storage case.

• Offers custom-fit protection similar to a professionally made mouth guard—for a fraction of the cost
  • Quickly customizable in two easy steps
  • Dental guard creates a cushion of comfort between upper and lower teeth
  • Helps prevent conditions caused by teeth grinding (bruxism), including jaw discomfort, tooth chipping and cracking, and headaches
  • All bite guard parts are BPA-free and latex-free
  • 6 month protection guarantee

Directions

Fitting Your Mouth Guard
Step 1: Test Fitting

• Load dental guard into the forming tray. The dental guard is positioned correctly when the top of the guard is concave. If it is not in the right position, correct the placement of the dental guard before going any further in the fitting process.
  • Place the dental guard and forming tray below your upper teeth and bite down.
  • Use a mirror to ensure the forming tray is centered in the middle of your front two teeth. Your teeth should be aligned in the middle of the moldable material.

Step 2: Final Fitting

• Using a microwave or stove, bring a bowl or pot of water to a rolling boil. Water should be at least 1.5 inches deep. Remove the boiling water from heat source and let it rest for 10 seconds. Use caution when removing from heat.
  • While loaded in the forming tray, place the dental guard face down in the hot water for 60 seconds.
  • Remove the dental guard and forming tray with a metal fork, using the openings in the tray handle.
  • Quickly dip it in room temperature water (no more than 1 second). Immediately pick up the dental guard using the forming tray handle and carefully place in your mouth. Do not bite down yet.
  • While looking in a mirror, center the dental guard below your front two teeth and the sides below your molars.
  • Firmly bite down into the moldable material of the dental guard and hold until it cools to body temperature. Wait at least 2 minutes.
  • Gently remove the dental guard and forming tray from your mouth and rinse under cool water for 20 seconds. This allows the molded night guard to completely set in the forming tray.
  • Once cool, remove the dental guard from the forming tray. Start by gently pulling the ends from each side of the forming tray, then working around to the front. It is normal for the guard to slightly stick in the forming tray. Your dental guard is now ready for use.

Clean & Care

• After each use, brush your dental guard with toothpaste and/or mouthwash and thoroughly rinse with cool tap water. Never use hot water, as it could alter the shape of your dental guard.
  • Check your dental guard monthly for wear. The life of your dental guard depends on how often you grind your teeth and the force of your teeth grinding. Your dental guard can last up to six months.

WARNING:
Do not use:

• As a sports mouthpiece. The product is designed to absorb top-to-bottom pressure not shock absorption.
  • If you are under 18 years of age.
  • For more than three months without consulting your dentist.
  • If you have loose teeth or teeth that can wiggle.
  • If your dentist has told you that you have temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain or clicking of the jaw.
  • If you have any pain from teeth grinding, or other forms of tooth or jaw pain.
  • If you have loose dental implants. Make sure they are secure before use.
  • If you wear dentures, braces or other dental appliances.

Ask a dentist before use if you have:

• Major health problems or serious breathing or respiratory conditions.
  • Oral sores, bleeding gums or any gum disease.
  • Cavities that have no fillings, or loose fillings or caps.
  • Difficulty chewing or pain of the jaw, teeth or face.
  • Two or more missing teeth.

Stop use and ask a dentist if:

• You develop soreness, bleeding gums or any other reaction inside your mouth
  • You develop jaw pain, teeth pain, ear pain, headache, neck stiffness, or joint clicking when using this product.
  • The same symptoms persist after over a month of use.
  • The product disrupts breathing, feels uncomfortable, causes choking, or causes you to gag.
  • You have a change in your bite that persists more than a few minutes after removing the product.

See your dentist every six months.
This product does NOT contain latex.

• How well does this work? Was it easy to form? Does it sta...2 Answers
Ashley M.
Gretna , NE
I love this product! I had to wait a couple of weeks to get my professional one back from the dentist and this was the perfect option! While it isn’t comparable to one from the dentist, it did its job!
Sabrina D.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
I work in a dental office and these do not work at all they are no formed to fit your mouth or your bite the correct way. I clench at night and I have one made from my boss and I can't sleep with out it ever again. If you clench or grind I strongly suggest you get one made or you and your bite. Untreated this can cause serious pain and breakage in your teeth
Noelle C.
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA
I suffered from jaw pain and headaches due to stress for several weeks before going to the dentist, who recommended a bite guard to wear at night. I ordered this on Amazon and after just one night of wearing it my headaches went away. This is a must have for anyonr with TMJ issues!
Kaitlyn D.
Roseburg, OR
I bought this recently, as I've found that I've been clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth in my sleep. I love the microwaveable, customizable fit of this product; it definitely was easy to figure out, and has made my jaw and my teeth much more pleasant to handle.
Nicole A.
Phoenix, AZ
I had to use a guard for about a month and although it helped with grinding it was very uncomfortable to wear. I finally just stopped as I couldn't stay asleep as I knew it was in there which irritated me more than the grinding did.
Andrea P.
Panama City, FL
Works really well for medium teeth grinding or clenching. Way less bulky than other guards I've tried. Keeping them clean is difficult, wish there were more detailed instructions or other options to clean approved by dentek. The boiling method for fitting is more effective than the microwave method, if you haven't used one of these before I highly recommend you boil before fitting the first time. Love their one time replacement/refund policy if you goof up the fitting.
Laura E.
Madison, AL
I grind my teeth terribly bad at night. All my dentists have questioned me on it because it shows up on my xrays. So, I bought this guy. So far, the fit of the guard was easy. It's taking me a bit to get used to it in my mouth. I've only used it for a week. So, hopefully my dentist will be able to notice the changes. I was turned off because this cost $20. Which seems expensive to me. However, this product had a 6 month guarantee that the others didn't. They also provide plenty of tips and help lines if you do have a problem with it.
Morgan B.
Ingleside, Il
I just got this at Walmart after trying a bunch of other brands for protection against my nighttime teeth grinding. So far this brand was the easiest to mold and has stayed in the best. It is hard to keep in my mouth all night only because it feels foreign and I must sometimes rip it out in my sleep. So far so good, only some small indentations in it. I don't think it will hold up 6 months though. Luckily Dentek offers a warranty and will replace the guard one time if it falls apart!
Shannon R.
I bought this at walmart for $20 and thought it was going to be awesome and save me a lot of money since having one made at the dentist would cost me over $200. The box says its guaranteed to last 6 months or your money back. My teeth are all ground down, chipped, and brittle from bruxism. This was easy to mold to my teeth and easy to use although it took me two nights to get used to sleeping with it in my mouth. BUT I bit right through it within 2 nights.
Destynie S.
Littlestown, PA
These are awesome! They're meant for if your grinding your teeth at night, but I lost my orthodon'tic retainer and I used that for a month until I got my new retainer! Really made the difference! Easy instructions and it's simple to form to your teeth. I would suggest this to anyone that grinds their teeth or needs a backup retainer for a week or two.
Elizabeth C.
Colden, NY
How well does this work? Was it easy to form? Does it stay on the teeth as you sleep?

Amazon