BY DELTA AIRLINES #3 in Airlines

• I have recently flown delta in the "Delta Comfort" class however ...3 Answers
  • Why is Delta so expensive with bad Customer service?8 Answers
  • What is you worst travel ?4 Answers
Delta Airlines
  • "Delta flights are always easy to find an have many flights available an at great rates the customer service from all employees is the best." in 71 reviews
  • "i don't like delta airlines much, the flight attendants can use some social training to be able to attend to All kinds of passengers of different ethnicities, religions and race without coming off as condescending and rude." in 49 reviews
  • "While things like weather are completely out of an airline's control, they are in control of some other things, and I believe that Delta does a pretty good job taking care of issues that arise that affect travel." in 16 reviews
  • "I've never had an egregiously bad experience with Delta (only one delayed flight), but it's never been spectacularly good either." in 14 reviews
  • "For international flights, I have experienced some disappointing service from a couple flight attendants, but overall, the service is great and reliable." in 12 reviews
Joey P.
Roswell, GA
Recently, I took a round trip from Atlanta to Hong Kong via Delta.  It was a 6 hours domestic flight + 2 hours layover + 14 hours international.   Long domestic flights can be quite unpleasant. There wasn't any complimentary meal but sandwiches/food can be purchased in flight or during layover. The personal entertainment systems were old and buggy, mine couldn't detect my fingers in several spots.  During the middle, they had to reboot all the systems.  The ones in the international were better.  There were many movie choices.  The new ones were the recent DVD releases that you can rent from RedBox, nothing between theater and DVD like other airlines.  The flight attendants were all very nice, and offered drinks all the time. The food were ok.
I did have a trouble booking my trip.  Their website wasn't working properly, so I had to call them to book the trip.  There was not a wait time for the call, and the agent was nice.  However, I did not get a confirmation email after I purchase the tickets like she said.  I had to go to their website to find my trip information using the confirmation number she told me (good thing I wrote it down).  There were some overbookings both ways.  They did offer people $100-500 to change their schedules, no one was thrown off the planes.
Jessy G.
I usually fly JetBlue, they are my favorite.  However, Delta is my 2nd choice. I'm very big on customer service.  In the past, I've had mixed experiences with Delta but overall more positive than negative.  I remember one time a flight attendant years ago gave us some free alcohol when they found out we were celebrating our wedding anniversary.  That was so sweet, we'll never forget that.  In the past, one of my complaints was that their planes weren't as modern and comfortable as JetBlue' s.  Also their customer service was hit or miss.  However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised on my most recent trip using Delta.  I noticed that the plane was upgraded.  It was more modern, very comfortable new seating and individual tv's similar to JetBlue.  In addition, the staff was friendly and attentive.  Now I don't know if all of their planes have been upgraded but I was impressed with the plane I was on.  So based on my most recent experience I would definitely recommend using Delta.  If you have had negative experiences in the past, i would recommend giving Delta airlines another chance since they appear to have made some changes with modernization of planes and improvements to customer service. Perhaps it's to make up for all the bad press from recent incidents where they treated passengers horribly and insensitively. I would give them 3 and a half stars but there are no halves allowed.
Ish G.
Elk Grove, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Due to Hurricane Irma I was assisting my cousin and her husband with evacuating their children. After more than 12 hours of searching I had a wonderful encounter with a very helpful woman. She found flights to get the children out and booked them really fast. There was a glitch in the system so the children birth dates were not saving so she asked for assistance from her supervisor. After 2 hours the flights were booked and ready for their flight, she informed me that the parents should sign the waiver since they were unaccompanied minors. All was well until they were in the Airport and they were faced with the most vindictive evil woman at the Delta Kiosk. She refused to let the children board because they were minors. It was explained to her that an adult family member would be meeting them in their layover in Atlanta and would be there to board the children to their connecting flight to California. The woman refused even though it was explained to her that it was due to the emergency since there was a mandatory evacuation order in their city. She still refused and said the tickets would be cancelled so the children and my cousin left. I call Delta and explain the situation and they inform me that everything would be waived since it was a state of emergency, the woman apologized for the miscommunication and gave me a code to give the lady at the Kiosk. We informed my cousin and they turned back around. They arrived and the lady at the Kiosk  refused AGAIN to let the kids board. THE DELTA KIOSK SUPERVISORY LADY HAD THE AUDACITY TO TELL MILITARY PARENTS THAT THEY WERE BAD PARENTS FOR TRYING TO EVACUATE WITHOUT THEIR CHILDREN! AND SINCE THEY WERE NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE PARENTS SHE WAS BEING RESPONSIBLE BY CANCELLING THEIR FLIGHTS (even though she had said she would be cancelling the flights during their first encounter). How dare someone question parents who are trying to get their children out of harms way and who can not leave because they had active military orders. There was already a fuel shortage in Florida and they had to drive to and from airport two times only to be turned back around. Luckily, the Delta employee in charge of the Twitter account was very helpful and was able to assist on getting them on a different flight the following day. The children were luckily evacuated just 30 minutes before all flights were cancelled and airport was closed. However, the children's tickets were $800 for each (4 children) even though Delta has set a cap of $399.
Jordan N.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I don’t generally fly Delta. I went loyal with other brands due to locations and my travel schedule. I also find Delta a little trickier to book online, since I’m not used to it... I think that they’re generally more expensive than my other options.

Recently I flew Delta to London, England which is a longer and in our case, overnight flight. Previously I had only flown United and Airlingus overseas.

I thought it was a nice flight, comfortable and roomy. My family thought that there was a little more space than our last international flight on United. The food was good and comparable to United. The TV selections were current and there was plenty to choose from.

We had some seating issues because the airline moved my family’s seats around to accommodate to multiple couples who weren’t able to sit together. Honestly, not a fan of this. We didn’t find out until we were at the gate and handed a new ticket. We specifically picked out seats together so that we could spend time together and plan some of our week on the flight. Instead we were scattered through the plane, stuffed in middle seats and random places. This wasn’t appreciated. And just for couples? Couples carry no higher priority than a family. We paid $1700 a seat and planned to sit together. We’re easy going so we let it go, but of course it happened on the ride home too. Not cool Delta, not cool. Also, my sister who had to change seats was put in a seat what had a non working TV screen. The seat next to me where she was moved from worked fine, so for 8 hours she had no TV and the attendants didn’t have any solution. Kind of stinky.
Danielle W.
Kaneohe, HI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Love them. Not the cheapest tickets, but only a little extra. Had 2 awesome experiences recently.
1. Husband and I had a trip booked and ended up having to cancel bc he was deployed unexpectedly. We got a full refund, with proof of course. 2. I flew with them most recently back to my home (HI). I bought my tickets through Chase rewards and as I went to check in I wasn't able to book a seat and ended up on standby for all 3 of my flights. I was actually pretty upset bc I checked in as soon as I possibly could and I'm pregnant so was really hoping to get an aisle seat. I called customer service and asked for a call back call and I tweeted them to express my disappointment. A customer service rep called me within 15 minutes and was able to get me aisle seats on the first two flights as they were unable to do anything with the third flight because it wasn't time yet. Not only did she completely accommodate my needs, but she was beyond friendly and we even had a full conversation! On Twitter, I received a message from a customer service rep asking for my confirmation number and they checked me in on their end so I was able to book my own seat. Awesome customer service in general! Also on this flight, a girl actually had a panic attack and the entire situation was smoothly taken care of and I heard they gave Airline credit to the firefighter and nurse who helped out. Just awesome!
Cassie C.
San Francisco , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've never really had any issues flying delta but I haven't flown with then as frequently lately. I had a great international flight experience with them. Great service from the crew. The only time I did have a problem was when I could not get on my scheduled flight because my check-in was blocked at the gate. I had already checked in on my phone earlier but needed to get a boarding pass but couldn't print one. I ended up having to wait and take the next flight which was not nonstop like my original. Someone either overbooked or have my seat away before the 30min window. To make things worse the next flight was leaving from the same gate as my original and I got to the gate before hey even finished boarding my original flight.
Erica E.
Gainesville, FL
What’s not to love about Delta Airlines?! From the prim and proper uniforms, to the simple designs of the seating, Delta is it! I’ve flown other airlines and I love that Delta involves not only affordable flights and multiple destinations, but the in-flight experience is A1. The flight attendants are always so kind and it’s always super comfortable, no matter what seat you’re in. Being someone who doesn’t eat dairy I was so happy to see that the Biskoff cookies didn’t include any milk! Paired with my Prosecco and my complementary headphones, (plus a movie) my flight was a breeze. I can’t wait for my next flight with Delta Airlines! 😍✈️
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have only flown Delta a long time ago for a couple of times but I didn't notice they have bigger seats and a little more leg room which was nice. Most of the affordable flights these days make you feel like you are sitting in a child's seat. The problem with Delta is that it is usually between $200 to $1,000 more per flight for the same flight as other places, for economy! That is why I never fly Delta and haven't since the last 15 years. Once the websites came along where you could compare flights for prices I decided to quit flying Delta. I must admit if they still have the large seats and money was not an option I would fly with them, but that is not the case. Here is a tip to save money with flights, if you have a bad flight, let them know and try to get reimbursed for your hotel if you have a layover or some kind of reimbursement. Also, if you're flying 1 way it is often cheaper to buy a round trip ticket and just don't come back on the flight, just miss it. I don't know why that is but it seems to be true across all of the airlines. I know this because I have talked to some Airline Personnel when it was my job to arrange company trips.
Desirae Y.
When I’m looking for a flight normally time and price are my first deciding factors and I always end up booking with delta. I feel their availability and prices are competitive. I haven’t been on a delta flight that didn’t have a tv in the headrest in front of me keeping me thoroughly entertained with music, games, etc. Compared to any other flight their food, beverages and seat comfortability seem normal. I’ve never had a problem with their staff and feel that I have always had a valuable experience for the money I’ve paid. I will continue to book with Delta Airlines for my future travels!
Carli J.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Delta truly may be the most expensive of the airlines but if you put it in perspective of quality and comfort, DELTA all the way! The price you pay for these tickets gives you much more than a $89 flight you get on frontier (we all know those plastic chairs strapped into the plane)! You have actual cushiony seats even in coach and most of the time first class is definitely worth its name. I’m not saying that you won’t run into the occasional rude flight attendant or anything every airline has one but they definitely have class and want to keep everything great for your experience.
Christina B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this a good airline???
Kendra G.
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why are flights always so expensive???
Korinna C.
Radford, Va
Does delta charge for your first suitcase now?
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Last flight you took ?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
Is this airline flexible with customers, say if their flights have to be changed last minute?