BY DELTA AIRLINES #3 in Airlines

Delta Airlines
  • "Delta flights are always easy to find an have many flights available an at great rates the customer service from all employees is the best." in 71 reviews
  • "i don't like delta airlines much, the flight attendants can use some social training to be able to attend to All kinds of passengers of different ethnicities, religions and race without coming off as condescending and rude." in 49 reviews
  • "While things like weather are completely out of an airline's control, they are in control of some other things, and I believe that Delta does a pretty good job taking care of issues that arise that affect travel." in 16 reviews
  • "I've never had an egregiously bad experience with Delta (only one delayed flight), but it's never been spectacularly good either." in 14 reviews
  • "For international flights, I have experienced some disappointing service from a couple flight attendants, but overall, the service is great and reliable." in 12 reviews
Morgan M.
Morgan M.
Carolina Bch, NC
I personally am not the biggest fan of Delta Airlines. I have flown approximately 15 flights on Delta in the past two years, and on EVERY SINGLE FLIGHT I had a problem. I have never once taken a Delta flight that left on time. Flights often arrive late and can make airport transfers extremely stressful. However, I will say that their customer service is fairly helpful when something goes wrong. On a recent trip, I had been overseas for about 5 months and was super excited to fly home to visit my family for Christmas. I checked in 24 hours ahead of time, as suggested by an email from Delta. I had printed out my check-in confirmation and itinerary and everything. I verified one last time that everything was still confirmed around midnight, as I planned to arrive at the airport at 4AM for a 6AM flight. When I arrived to the airport, the automatic kiosks said there was a problem printing out my boarding passes and that I should go to a desk to speak with a representative. It turns out, 3 days before Christmas and in a 4-hour window of time, Delta had booted me from my flight! I was absolutely devastated as I had nowhere to stay in a foreign country. On top of this, I was told it wouldn't be until AFTER CHRISTMAS that they could reschedule my flight! The representative at the window told me that I needed to call Delta (as he was an Air France representative and the first leg of my flight was on Delta's codeshare partner, Air France). I had to rush to the nearest place I could get an internet connection to call Delta via Skype (which I had to pay for) to talk to a customer service representative. After an hour crying on the phone, a nice representative was able to put me on an 11AM flight out. While this was good for me at the time, it likely means that someone else was booted from a flight in the same manner I was... Overall, Delta has great coverage worldwide with multiple codeshare partners, making flying Delta around the world easy. However, be prepared for delays and inconveniences such as the one detailed above.
Valerie H.
Valerie H.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
My worst flight experience has been with delta. The trip went from being great to a total nightmare! Right after we booked our flights, making sure to leave ourselves plenty of time for our layover in Atlanta, they moved the first flight to only give us 40 minutes in Atlanta, when we departed LA, we departed 30 minutes late. Luckily for us, great pilots got us there on time. We make it to the gate, and the gat agent had already given away our seats to standby because he just assumed we weren't going to make it! But it doesn't stop there, now we receive THE WORST COSTUMER SERVICE EVER!!! they completely ignore us for the next 40 minutes, at which point we are fuming! The guy was extremely rude to us during this whole process, then finally gives us "assured" tickets to Amsterdam (not our destination), to connect to Brussels. We get to the next gate, only to learn we are standby, and the flight seems pretty full. The lady was very nice, so we did get to make it on the flight (not by Delta's fault, the Amsterdam - Brussels was canceled due to fog and we had to get there by train!!!) so we had a trip that was supposed to be 17 hours, and we had planned for plenty of time during the connection. But thanks to Delta that became a 30 hour trip!!! We then complained about the lack of costumer service, and the whole flight, asked to be reimbursed just half the flight, to which they gave us a 100 gift card....
I refuse to use Delta, and anyone that asks me will not get Delta a recommendation! I will recommend Aeroflot over Delta (BTW service with Aeroflot is really really good!!)
Joann F.
Joann F.
I have flown with Delta to both international and domestic locations. I have had pretty pleasant experiences with them each time. If you are a frequent flyer, I would suggest downloading their app before your trip because it really helps keep your flight information right at your fingertips. The only thing that isn't great about flying domestic is having to pay for even your first piece of checked luggage, but I'm pretty sure this applies to basically every airline now. If you fly internationally though, your first checked luggage is FREE, I believe some are even free up to the 2nd piece -- even for those flying economy. In regards to staff and employees, I haven't had any negative encounters yet. On average everyone is pretty courteous and efficient, so no complaints there. If you are delayed or a flight is cancelled, they are also really helpful and will try their best to get you on the next available flight. I've also never had any problems regarding my luggage. The only complaint I'd have is that their economy seats for international travel are a bit tight, even for someone my size, but they are no by no means terrible.
Roman Rosario M.
Roman Rosario M.
Doral, FL
This past week was my first time flying Delta, and I have to say, I was pretty impressed. I was flying out to Montana, which entailed a layover in St. Paul. On the flight there, when I went to my seat, someone else was sitting in it. I thought it was someone who was confused, but it turns out that they had double booked the seat. The flight attendant was super apologetic, and right away they worked to figure out a plan. Within a few minutes we both were given our own seats and the flight went on as planned. That may have just been a stroke of luck, but I appreciated the calmness and kindness of the attendants, especially since I was worried about getting to my destination on time. The rest of my trip there was great.

Then, on the way home, I missed my first flight out of Montana. Now, there aren't many flights out of there and I was PANICKING about how I was going to get home. The desk attendant was so, so nice and calmed me down, and found me a flight that was leaving in less than 2 hours and wouldn't get me home that much later than originally planned. Thank you Delta!
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Fargo, ND
I have had good experiences and bad experiences. The most recent bad experience is what makes this 3 stars. I was on my way to Thailand for a study abroad trip. Our plane was delayed because it needed a part so they were flying it in. They kept delaying the flight. We started at the airport at about 8 or 9am and stayed there until about 5 or 6pm waiting for the flight to stop being delayed. Eventually they cancelled the flight all together and we were missing a day of our trip that was already paid for (a tour) and we didn't get refunds. We wanted to leave that night so we asked them to shuttle us to another airport where we were able to get on another flight to MN where we were told they would put us in a hotel. When we got to MN they told us they couldn't. We ended up staying the night in MN (luckily at friends house) and the next day headed out. Since we didn't have our original plane we were stuck in middle seats the entire way to Thailand. They didn't try to make things right.
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
Eden Prairie, MN
I love Delta. I'm always traveling from MN to FL and also just love flying all together. Some hate it but I love the whole experience. Picking the right travel outfit, getting to check out of your phone and not be bothered with calls for the duration of your flight, get to listen to great podcasts, read gossip magazines that one never has time for etc.. So with that said, I love the traveling process and Delta makes it easy. I've tried other airlines and I never get the same experience... I'm going to New York (1st timer) in a few weeks and I got my flight on sky mikes. They never expire. I used 26k miles and literally paid $11 for my flight. It pays to stay loyal. I could go on about all the ways (other than traveling) you can earn sky miles thru them but that would take hours. I highly suggest this airline if you want comfortable seating, a smooth travel experience (I fly alone often) and if they were ever delayed which is very rare they are more than accommodating.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
henrico, VA
Globetrotter Expert
I have flown Delta several times every time I had some kind of poor experience. However, the last experience I had was probably the worst experience I've ever had on a plane. When I got to my gate I checked my car seat and the stroller for my son. I specifically asked about pre boarding I was told I would be able to. But then the plane was late coming in. I thought that wouldn't affect my pre boarding I was wrong. they refused to let me pre bored. The location of my seat ment I was the last person to board. as I was boarding they told me I could not bring my carry on because I wasn't enough room. the problem was that carry on was my baby bag. They still continued to not allow me to take my bag they took it from me before I even had a chance to figure out what was going on. So I had no diapers no wipes no food nothing... and guess what my son had diarrhea on the plane which he had to sit in for 4 hrs because I had no baby bag
Whitney B.
Whitney B.
Bloomington, MN
I have been an Elite Delta Skymiles Flyer for three years now. I fly frequently for freelance opportunities and have been loyal to Delta. So much so that I've racked up over 44,000 miles flown in 2016 year alone- When I first started flying often, I was blown away by Delta. The planes were always updated, the delays were rare, and the service aboard the aircraft was all great. Lately though it has been lacking. My flight from Minneapolis to London, UK was cancelled within an hour before boarding and rescheduled for the following morning. That's fine- stuff happens. What wasn't fine was the customer service. I had to pay additional fees for a mechanical mistake and did not receive my miles for the rebooked flight. This happened twice now. That being said, I have started 2017 having switched over to United Airlines and so far, so good.
Sam L.
Sam L.
Spring Hill, FL
A lot of people I know have had issues with Delta which made me nervous the first time I fly with them 2 years ago.p especially with the Atlanta layover since it's such a huge airport. I've only had one problem flying with Delta and that's when my flight landed earlier but the gate was too short for are plane and we were stuck on the plane with no communication about the issue for over an hour which caused me to miss my connection. When I did get a hold of customer service after missing that connection which caused me to miss the hockey game my sisters and I were supposed to attend, they got me on a flight out of Atlanta 7 hours later and then upgraded me to first class for the 45 minute flight to Nashville. That was the only issue I've ever had with Delta in the the 2 years I've been flying with them.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Savannah, GA
Okay, I don't want to sound too rude, but the only reason I choose Delta at times is because they are one of the few flight services available where I live. They have left me high and dry before and their customer service representatives don't do much to help remedy the issues.

There was a flight that I was to take and almost an hour after it should have boarded, only then were we told that it was cancelled. When I called to complain they weren't very friendly about anything. They simply offered to make sure I got on a plane the next day... I was on vacation and only had so many free days and they were trying to take one from me!

Luckily after some explanations and the run around, they did book me on another flight. Needless to say though, I was very frustrated at the end of everything.
Christina B.
Christina B.
Globetrotter Expert
Is this a good airline???
Kendra G.
Kendra G.
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert
Why are flights always so expensive???
Korinna C.
Korinna C.
Radford, Va
Does delta charge for your first suitcase now?
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Last flight you took ?
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Laguna hills, Ca
Is this airline flexible with customers, say if their flights have to be changed last minute?