BY DELTA AIRLINES #2 in Airlines

• Follow for follow:). Follow me and I’ll follow you right ...4 Answers
  • Do you think it is okay for an airline to decide not to p...7 Answers
  • I have recently flown delta in the "Delta Comfort" class ...4 Answers
Delta Airlines

Start your review of Delta Airlines!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "Delta flights are always easy to find an have many flights available an at great rates the customer service from all employees is the best." in 71 reviews
  • "i don't like delta airlines much, the flight attendants can use some social training to be able to attend to All kinds of passengers of different ethnicities, religions and race without coming off as condescending and rude." in 49 reviews
  • "While things like weather are completely out of an airline's control, they are in control of some other things, and I believe that Delta does a pretty good job taking care of issues that arise that affect travel." in 16 reviews
  • "For international flights, I have experienced some disappointing service from a couple flight attendants, but overall, the service is great and reliable." in 12 reviews
  • "they have great customer service and for the price you pay for a ticket in economic class, or first class its great either way." in 11 reviews
Atlanta, GA
Flight from Las Vegas to Atlanta (DL1523), September 18th, 10:57 pm.The worst experience I have had on a flight ever. We came 3 hours early and was forced to check in our carry on bags as some other passengers used our seat storage. The seat I was given had a broken seat belt and I was not checked on so at all so that was a safety hazard. The nightmare started when flight was delayed because flight coordinators were too slow on adding and were not diligent checking other people tickets. For example they were boarding groups 1 and 2 but bunch of people who where from group 3 cut in and walked in as if there ticket said group 1 and 2 it nobody checked their flight tickets. Our group followed the rules by waiting for the group we were assigned and it was a big mistake!!! All the cabins were taken so we were force to check our carryon bags. We also show several people from our group already seated because they went with other group numbers they were not assigned to.The passenger on our seat row acted like we were running late when in fact we had just waited for our appropriate group. Flight front desk coordinators were also very unorganized, unprofessional and never apologized. One of them at the front desk told me well you can wait for another later flight but it was already 11pm when I had commented about our situation which was rude and made the situation worse. Then when we sat my seat belt was broken and no one checked me. Then your airline made my husband, myself, and another passenger feel small when the flight attendant completely skipped our row for drinks and ignored us. After an hour of waiting and being patient for the hope that one flight attendant would notice my husband hit the reception button to calmly explain that we were skipped for drinks. We never received any apology for anyone and were treated like second class passengers. I always believed that Delta airlines had an exceptional reputation with excellent customer service but my opinion has now changed. Our experience after paying nearly $600 was not of an airline with high standards instead it felt like a cheap discount airline like Spirit or Frontier airlines with terrible customer service. So sad and never again we will try to fly with you we will go with American or United the next time we travel.
Beachwood
My previous encounters with Delta have been fairly good. However, I recently flew with them and the experience was less than mediocre. Flight attendants were rude and they kept us on the tarmac for 45 minutes. They told us they were waiting on paperwork and then finally they said we couldn’t take off because of inclimate weather— the flight was cancelled. When going inside to speak to a representative, they only had ONE representative working when 3 other Delta flights had been cancelled. They would not compensate me in any way... they didn’t give me a food voucher, wouldn’t give me money towards a hotel or a rental car. I wasn’t able to retrieve my bags even though they were loading them off the plane. They said I would have to wait 3 hours and by that time it was already midnight. I didn’t have anything with me for the night at the hotel. My flight was supposed to leave on a Thursday and the next flight they were able to put me on was Saturday. Luckily I live driving distance from New York and was able to rent a car and drive back to Ohio the next day. However, they did not compensate me for my car or hotel. I had to call customer service and they ended up giving me a refund on my flight. Would I fly with Delta again? Probably. I’ve only had one bad experience but it was a pretty brutal one.
They cancelled my reservation without even notifying me, then made me pay a fee to reinstate the ticket! Long story here, but I had booked a round trip weekend Delta flight through Priceline, but found out 3 hours before the outbound flight that I wouldn't be able to make it until the following day. Called Delta customer service and waited on hold for almost an hour only to have them tell me I had to talk to Priceline directly and that they had "no control" over my flights. Well Priceline always tell you to contact the airline directly so what a circle. After finally rebooking a later flight (and paying $300 extra), I didn't have time to call back Delta and tell them I couldn't make my outbound with all that was happening to make me miss my outbound. Fast forward to the night before my return flight and I never got a notification to check in for the flight, so when I searched my reservation, it said it wasn't valid. After contacting priceline they said that DELTA cancelled my return flight WITHOUT even notifying me! And that I had to talk to them if I wanted a new ticket but that I couldn't get a refund because delta was who did the canceling. After waiting to talk to delta customer service for almost ANOTHER hour, they still wanted to charge me $172 to rebook my return flight reservation that they had cancelled without even notifying me or asking or anything. Asked to speak to a manager and got the fee down to $50 but there is absolutely no reason I should have had to pay extra and go through all that hassle. Even if money was no object, there is also no excuse for them not notifying me of the cancellation. I am a loyal skymiles customer and fly delta frequently, I use the app and have notifications set up, and after this I frankly don't trust them with my business anymore. Extremely disappointed. Terrible business model to just cancel my reservation like that.
Pfafftown, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I wouldn’t recommend Delta. I’ve flown with them several times, but the worst experience was when our flight was cancelled, after almost 3 hours of sitting on the tarmac, because they didn’t have a pilot. Then we waited for hours in line to get another flight. I actually got through to customer service faster on the phone. All the staff were horribly rude. They did not offer anything to us such as hotel stays, etc (this was late at night). The next flight they’d have for me was almost 24 hours later, meaning I’d miss a crucial family event. They didn’t work with me to put me on another flight with another company. I had to fight tooth and nail to get my refund for the last leg of my trip as I ended up just staying in Atalanta and NEVER made it to my destination, Baltimore. So out of 4 flights (2 on the way there, 2 back I only actually boarded 2 of them. And since Delta screwed my whole weekend I should’ve gotten the entire trip refunded because I wasn’t planning on hanging out in Georgia then turning back around and going home. But they only refunded me one half, and that was after months of calls and emails. Never again.
Lawrenceville, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Delta was my favorite airline to fly with up until last year. They were always clean - and economy always seemed to be a tad bit nicer than any others. Last year during spring break I took my bag which at the time cost around $2,000 (I bought a small and large and together they were about $3,500) as well as my clothes and makeup in this hard-cased, Brics bag. I took each individual palette and bubble wrapped it and then put it in a bubble mailer. I then put each item in between my clothes. We get to our house on Davis Island for spring break and I unload my things. I open my palettes to put them on my vanity and eyeshadow just falls everywhere. A total of 6 palettes destroyed. I emailed customer service right away. I then look at my bag and see two holes in it along with the leather scratched up and black stuff all over my bag. Customer service ignored me until I started to post and tag them on social media. They refused to refund me or even pay a portion of the current cost or anything (my bag at the time was on sale for $600) without a receipt. I only take my bags on long trips and this was the third flight my large bag had been on. The black stuff on it was normal. It always happened. The holes were not. The makeup being destroyed after all the bubble wrap and cushioned between clothing was not. They wanted me to find the receipt within a week. I wasn’t going to be home within a week so they closed my case before I even got home to look for my items. I ended up mailing my makeup back home in order to prevent anymore damage. We have never flown with them again and actually cancelled our card and got a southwest care instead.
Lincoln, NE
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The first Delta jet I’ve been on was pretty stuffy and small...but in a short time they’ve improved. They are the carrier I used to fly to Australia for a study abroad trip and I’m quite thankful I used Delta for my first international long-haul flight. Their planes have WiFi and extensive entertainment systems so your flight isn’t as boring as it’d normally be. Never faced any delays, cancellations, or annoying gate changes. I know some of that stuff is on the airport and not the airline but it still improved my flight experience. Not stingy on snacks or drinks and the attendants make sure you are as comfy as you can be for your flight. Baggage transfer after clearing customs was a breeze as well. I like their miles program as well, they give me the full value of my flight miles rather than half like some of their competitors. Happily would use Delta for other trips!
Canton
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We have flown Delta for over seven years now after wonderful flight experiences on our early flights. However, over the years since then we have had multiple issues at an increased frequency of occurrence. Too many flights routed through hurricane prone areas, Lay overs getting longer and longer, ticket agents that won’t say anything to you until they have been coached by their PR and /or attorneys. Has gotten to the point that through no fault of our own, we almost expect to not make our scheduled return flight home on time on the original date scheduled and plan accordingly as a contingency with our babysitters. Not priced competitively either.
I love Delta airlines! They are my go-to airline. I have never had more helpful and kind airline employees before. The gate agents are always super kind and willing to help with anything. I’ve traveled alone with my baby a couple times, and have had gate agents offer to help with my stroller and even call a flight attendant to come meet me at the gate and help me load onto the plane. I’ve had multiple flight attendants offer to hold my baby in-flight so that I could use the restroom, or even just take a break when my baby was upset. Of all the flights I’ve flown with Delta, I can honestly say that less than a handful were delayed, and it was always a short delay that was usually resolved within 30 minutes. With each delay the gate agents would communicate updates to us very frequently, and even offer snacks and drinks while we waited for our plane to be ready to board. I also love that Delta allows you to bring 2 carry-on’s, and their flights always have such amazing amenities: in-flight WiFi and IPhone messaging, the latest movies and tv’s shows, snacks and drinks, and it’s always been very clean as well! After each flight the pilots would always say goodbye as we left as well, a couple have even given my son “wings” and let him check out the cockpit. Overall, I have always been so impressed with Delta’s customer service. It’s the greatest value airline I’ve ever flown, and I will continue to book with Delta as often as I can!
Overall, I’d like to say that Delta is a great airline to fly with. However, I’d like to point out a personal experience that I should have wrote to corporate about years ago. My cousin and I booked a connecting flight from PhL to ATL to arrive at Baton Rouge for Essence Fest. PHL had us wait on the runway due to the weather causing us to miss our connecting flight in ATL. Once we arrived, there was another flight out of ATL about to take off but the gate agent chose not to let us on and let stand by passengers on instead. The weather became worse and we then sat in the airport for HOURS and in turn missing a whole day planned for vacation. Another gate agent knew of our wait and bumped us up to first class and while that was great, I still was very upset about missing out on a full day.
I have flown with Delta many times and have never had issues until the most recent flight in May 2019. The woman behind me threw up on our flight and it got all over my clothes, seat, window, and my hair. The flight attendant put her finger to me when I was begging for towels in tears while I had this woman’s vomit on me then proceeds to tell me the plane had no napkins left to clean myself up with. They did comp me a meal and my travel agent got me a $100 voucher after explaining my experience to Delta, however I was miserable the entire flight and the flight attendants were not sympathetic in the slightest until they saw how upset I was by the incident. Delta’s front line customer service has gone downhill in my opinion and may need to focus on that when hiring new employees.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this a good airline???
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why are flights always so expensive???
Radford, Va
Does delta charge for your first suitcase now?
Memphis, TN
Last flight you took ?
Beulaville , NC
Is this airline flexible with customers, say if their flights have to be changed last minute?

Delta Airlines

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email