BY DELTA AIRLINES #2 in Airlines

• I have recently flown delta in the "Delta Comfort" class ...3 Answers
  • Why is Delta so expensive with bad Customer service?8 Answers
  • Do you think it is okay for an airline to decide not to p...4 Answers
Delta Airlines
  • "Delta flights are always easy to find an have many flights available an at great rates the customer service from all employees is the best." in 71 reviews
  • "i don't like delta airlines much, the flight attendants can use some social training to be able to attend to All kinds of passengers of different ethnicities, religions and race without coming off as condescending and rude." in 49 reviews
  • "While things like weather are completely out of an airline's control, they are in control of some other things, and I believe that Delta does a pretty good job taking care of issues that arise that affect travel." in 16 reviews
  • "I've never had an egregiously bad experience with Delta (only one delayed flight), but it's never been spectacularly good either." in 14 reviews
  • "For international flights, I have experienced some disappointing service from a couple flight attendants, but overall, the service is great and reliable." in 12 reviews
luli f.
I visit my grandparents every December and I usually book my flights with delta because they are cheaper. I've never had a problem with them other than last year that I went. There was something wrong with the plane I guess one of the airplanes parts was frozen and they had to defrost it. We were suppose to leave at 8 but we were there until like 11 waiting for it to defrost. A lot of people lost their connecting flights including me. But I am very satisfied with them because they knew how to fix everything! They changed many people's flights and others just waited for the plane and I was one of those people that decided to wait. I won't deny I was kinda worried at first because I had no idea what was going on and how I was going to get to Leon because I had lost my connecting flights but Before I got on the plane they got me all set up with other connecting flights since I had already lost the ones I was suppose to be on. They told me not to worry that they would figure everything out and get me to my destination as soon as possible! I actually ended up getting to My destination way earlier than I was suppose to which I was happy about! I was suppose to get on like 4 different planes and I ended up just getting on 2 which I was so happy about! Less connecting flights ☺️ I was satisfied with how they handled things!The app they have helped a lot too!! I absolutely recommend delta! Their service is great.
Ish G.
Elk Grove, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Due to Hurricane Irma I was assisting my cousin and her husband with evacuating their children. After more than 12 hours of searching I had a wonderful encounter with a very helpful woman. She found flights to get the children out and booked them really fast. There was a glitch in the system so the children birth dates were not saving so she asked for assistance from her supervisor. After 2 hours the flights were booked and ready for their flight, she informed me that the parents should sign the waiver since they were unaccompanied minors. All was well until they were in the Airport and they were faced with the most vindictive evil woman at the Delta Kiosk. She refused to let the children board because they were minors. It was explained to her that an adult family member would be meeting them in their layover in Atlanta and would be there to board the children to their connecting flight to California. The woman refused even though it was explained to her that it was due to the emergency since there was a mandatory evacuation order in their city. She still refused and said the tickets would be cancelled so the children and my cousin left. I call Delta and explain the situation and they inform me that everything would be waived since it was a state of emergency, the woman apologized for the miscommunication and gave me a code to give the lady at the Kiosk. We informed my cousin and they turned back around. They arrived and the lady at the Kiosk  refused AGAIN to let the kids board. THE DELTA KIOSK SUPERVISORY LADY HAD THE AUDACITY TO TELL MILITARY PARENTS THAT THEY WERE BAD PARENTS FOR TRYING TO EVACUATE WITHOUT THEIR CHILDREN! AND SINCE THEY WERE NOT BEING RESPONSIBLE PARENTS SHE WAS BEING RESPONSIBLE BY CANCELLING THEIR FLIGHTS (even though she had said she would be cancelling the flights during their first encounter). How dare someone question parents who are trying to get their children out of harms way and who can not leave because they had active military orders. There was already a fuel shortage in Florida and they had to drive to and from airport two times only to be turned back around. Luckily, the Delta employee in charge of the Twitter account was very helpful and was able to assist on getting them on a different flight the following day. The children were luckily evacuated just 30 minutes before all flights were cancelled and airport was closed. However, the children's tickets were $800 for each (4 children) even though Delta has set a cap of $399.
Liz B.
Palm Harbor, FL
While delta can be expensive the also have amazing customer service, making their value higher than other airlines with cheaper fares. I’ve used Delta the last few times I’ve flown. I am a loyal customer for life because of what they did for me a few years back. My father passed away in Chicago (I live in Florida). I called my usual go to Southwest Airlines, but they wanted an outrageous amount of money for round trip with short notice. I told them my situation but they said they could only offer a 5% discount. :( I called all the major airlines hoping one would still give a discounted flight for someone in my situation. NONE, NOT A SINGLE ONE, would. Finally I called Delta. The customer service rep was happy to help and discounted my ticket 50%!!! Making them hundreds less than southwest (who still had the lowest of all the others). I continue to recommend Delta Airlines to everyone I know and I will only fly with them.
Shivani P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My family and I have been team Delta our entire lives! We live very close to their major hub, so we always use Delta to fly anywhere domestically and internationally.
One of the best reasons to fly Delta is when you are capable of gaining Medallion status. I have to admit that this airline is most worth it as a Medallion member and Skymiles cardholder because the perks are unbeatable. Because of both of those, my family continuously flies Delta.

My biggest complaint with Delta has to be that their international partners are not very strong or diverse. AirFrance has never been a pleasant experience for me, and I almost always end up on one of their flights, and I hate it! The second biggest complaint is that customer service is very inconsistent. They have given me a hard time numerous times, and I have spent over an hour on the phone with them multiple times as well.
Hayley H.
Worst customer service ever. My husband and I used this airline for our Honeymoon in Hawaii. He booked our flights over the phone with a Delta representative. Come the day to leave, they booked our flight home on the wrong island!!! The airport names look very similar, so we didn’t even consider it being wrong it was booked.... boy we were wrong! We had to pay out of our pocket to fly from Kauai to Maui plus all the baggage fees. They then proceeded to seat us separately from Maui to California. They told us “it’s everyone’s honeymoon” when my husband asked to be switched to sit next to each other and did not accommodate our request. In fact, we didn’t sit next to each other at all for either of the flights back. Customer service after the fact, only offered us a small credit, which wouldn’t even cover a one way flight for one person. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN UNLESS LAST RESORT.
Kelly V.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I had to use Delta once when I missed a flight on another airline. I wasn’t impressed with their customer service at the counter. Everyone was crabby and apparently having a bad day before I got to the counter. I was flying with a firearm, which is perfectly legal and happens quite a bit for various reasons, but this particular day it required three employees AND a manager to figure out what to do with my checked bag. If you’re working at an airport check-in counter you should KNOW the procedure for checking a bag containing a firearm. That goes even more so for the manager... They finally figured it out, but I just wasn’t too impressed overall.

Allegiant, on the other hand, is on the ball with flying with firearms. They know the rules, procedures, and made short work of efficiently checking my bag and getting me on my way. Their employees seem to be well trained.
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I traveled from Tampa Florida to Tri Cities airport in Tennessee flying Delta around Labor Day weekend of 2017. It was a nightmare trying to book tickets using the free voucher that we had from Delta. The blackout dates were all over the place and it was almost impossible to find dates when we could actually use the Free Flight vouchers. Have her side tried going online to schedule the vacation which took me about 2 hours to fail. I then called Delta and the woman I spoke with had absolutely no idea how to help me. So in the end I figure it out myself what I had to do was go to the website and try to book one day flights to see which days were actually valid so I could plan a trip there andy return trip as a round-trip flight but you can only find it on the Delta website by looking at one day at a time. Unless it's free, I never plan on flying Delta again.
Grace P.
Carrollton, GA
I fly Delta Airlines regularly. For 2018, I am Platinum status, and will qualify for Diamond Medallion by mid-year. Overall, I will keep using the airline because I love the Skymiles, and they have good customer service. I tried the new Delta Premium Select recently, and I loved it! The seats were comfortable and the service was perfect. The reason I am giving Delta a lower score is because recently I have had some serious issues related to the food. I have a gluten allergy and request gluten free meals for the international flights. On multiple occasions, the airline has given me an unsafe (not gluten free meal), and once they have even forgotten to load the meals on the plane. When this happens, the flight attendants handle it well, but the fact that it keeps happening means it is not being properly addressed to prevent the issue. Allergies are very serious and Delta could make someone very sick or even kill them if they do not fix this issue.
Joanna R.
Arverne
Not a pleasant experience. My direct flight was changed to a layover just 2 days before the flight date. I purposely booked a direct flight. The seats were small and very uncomfortable. On the way back, our gate number was switched, but that's not a big deal. That's where the problems really started. The plane at the new gate was originally supposed to fly to South America (my flight just across few states). First there was an hour long delay, because they had to pump out extra fuel. Then they let us board the plane. After everybody was seated, we waited 45 minutes before they told us that the door to the luggage area wasn't closing. Took another 30 minutes to fix that. Then we waited a other 45 minutes before they told us that the fuel is not getting into the left engine. Seriously??? This is a plane that was supposed to fly intercontinentally??? They made us get off the plane and wait another 3 hours before they find a new plane. The new plane had a problem with main doors closing. SMH... We made it home safe, but I will never fly Delta again.
Joey P.
Roswell, GA
Recently, I took a round trip from Atlanta to Hong Kong via Delta.  It was a 6 hours domestic flight + 2 hours layover + 14 hours international.   Long domestic flights can be quite unpleasant. There wasn't any complimentary meal but sandwiches/food can be purchased in flight or during layover. The personal entertainment systems were old and buggy, mine couldn't detect my fingers in several spots.  During the middle, they had to reboot all the systems.  The ones in the international were better.  There were many movie choices.  The new ones were the recent DVD releases that you can rent from RedBox, nothing between theater and DVD like other airlines.  The flight attendants were all very nice, and offered drinks all the time. The food were ok.
I did have a trouble booking my trip.  Their website wasn't working properly, so I had to call them to book the trip.  There was not a wait time for the call, and the agent was nice.  However, I did not get a confirmation email after I purchase the tickets like she said.  I had to go to their website to find my trip information using the confirmation number she told me (good thing I wrote it down).  There were some overbookings both ways.  They did offer people $100-500 to change their schedules, no one was thrown off the planes.
Christina B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this a good airline???
Kendra G.
Corp Christi, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Why are flights always so expensive???
Korinna C.
Radford, Va
Does delta charge for your first suitcase now?
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Last flight you took ?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
Is this airline flexible with customers, say if their flights have to be changed last minute?