BY DELSYM #64 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Delsym® Liquid Orange-Flavored Cough Suppressant.
Dextromethorphan polistirex extended-release suspension.
12 hour cough relief.
Orange-flavored liquid for children & adults.
Alcohol-free. see more...

• I have heard this is a good cough suppressant, how true i...1 Answers
Buy on buybuyBABY*
  • "90% of the time OTC cough medications in general don't work, but this is a really good OTC option." in 1 review
  • "I use this every time my children have a cough or cold it really helps with the phlegm and supreses the cough for a long time.its more pricey then the other cough medication but it really works I love it." in 1 review
  • "This is the medicine my doctor always prescribes to my kids when they have a cough or cold and it works every time." in 1 review
Danika P.
White Bear Lk, MN
This is the only cough syrup I can muddle down without gagging. The orange flavor is not too bad. I wouldn't say it has 12 hours of protective for severe coughs though, I caught a terrible cold a few days ago and it helped at first, but not all day.
Kara K.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I use this when I have a cough. It works well compared to other cough syrups that I have used. It relieves my cough whenever I take this medicine.

I only use this when completely necessary but I am overall satisfied.
Unlisted side effects. Stomach cramps, diarrhea and general unrest. Took the 10 mg as recommended and an hour and a half later had a horrible stomach ache with diarrhea and I was still coughing. Be very careful. Had to miss work the next day.
Ann C.
Deltona, FL
My mom always had this on hand and insisted that it was the best. I've tried natural cough medicine and every other brand they sell, and they just don't cut it. This is a 12 hour cough suppressant that contains ZERO fever reducer/pain reliever. It's a bit pricey, but it works and it lasts a long time. I'll never switch to another cough syrup.
Stevie E.
Baltimore, MD
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
If you have a cough then I highly recommend this product. This will clear you up in no time at all. You can find it any of your local drugstores and it's very well priced for how effective this is. My pharmacist actually recommended it to me for the first time and I now swear by it!
Renay S.
Edgewater, CO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
It's cold season again and this product is my go to when it comes to my kiddo being sick with that horrible cough. 90% of the time OTC cough medications in general don't work, but this is a really good OTC option. My son has asthma so he will get this in conjunction to his inhaler. It doesn't raise blood pressure and it doesn't have a gritty taste. I also like that it comes dye-free if that is a factor. Great product!
Jasmine P.
St Petersburg, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Whenever I feel myself having a cold this is my go-to medicine. Not only is it effective, but the flavor makes it much easier to take. You can almost always find a coupon for it or find it on sale at Target.
Amere G.
Sugar Land, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My Pedia recommended Delsym for my kids Cough. Its provides 12 hour relief which is awesome to quiet down all the coughing. I found it a little Pricey but thats okay if it can help my kids feel better then Im all for it!
Kate P.
E Longmeadow, MA
I always grey a really bad cough in the wintertime and this is the only over the counter cough medicine that has ever witness for me. I like that it's non-drowsy and the flavor is way better than most cough syrups
Casey H.
This is like one of the best cough syrups on the market. It is non additive which makes it great for people who hates been drowsy all the time. It is also super affordable
Kim A.
Vinemont, AL
I have heard this is a good cough suppressant, how true is it?