BY DEL MONTE

Del Monte® Quality Mandarin Oranges in Light Syrup. see more...

• What's a great recipe to make with these? 1 Answers
Clarissa N.
Johnstown, PA
Foodie Expert
I was not a fan of these. They tasted like they sat in the can for a year or so before I even got to it. I took one bite and threw the rest of them I had away.
Rhonda A.
I normally do not purchase things in syrup but my husband mistakenly bought these for our baby, and I didn't want them to go to waste. They taste alright but too sweet for me especially since I am use to getting fruit in its own juice. It just doesn't have the same taste as if you were to eat an actually mandarin orange, and that should be the purpose of this convenient snack right? Well the light syrup is still syrup and takes away from the flavor of the fruit itself.
Katie J.
Joliet, IL
I always try to avoid buying packages fruit in heavy syrups. My kids LOVE the oranges in the light syrup and I love that it has less sugar and is a healtheir alternative than cookies or chips. The stay fresh packs are easy enough for my 6 year old to open and she is always happy when given this as a snack option. I have been buying this brand for years and will continue to for years to come!
Betsy S.
Of course the healthier option is to eat fresh oranges or clementines, but these are great for lunches and for something to reach for in the fridge!
Suzette T.
Baton Rouge , LA
This is my family's go to snack! I like how it is healthy and the children think it a fun snack. If you are looking for a diet friendly snack here you go.
Dominique K.
Foodie Expert
I do not like the syrup these come in, but the oranges taste great and packaging makes it an easy snack. These are also great refrigerated.
Charlotte D.
Westbury , NY
This is the most delicious snack! When I see these I always buy them they are so good!! They're great for kids lunches to pack light snack!
Sammi C.
Brooklyn , Ny
My daughter love these. So I put one for her in her snacks for school. I love the fact I don't have to peal the oranges
Ashley B.
Franklinton, LA
Foodie Expert
I absolutely love putting these in a nice fresh salad. It gives a hint of sweetness which mixes nicely with the acidic flavors from the dressing
Brigid C.
South Windsor, CT
Foodie Expert
I grew up on these and have always loved them. Now, I think they are a little sweet, but they are good every so often.
Diana B.
Fort Worth, TX
Foodie Expert
What's a great recipe to make with these?