BY DEBORAH LIPPMANN #98 in Nail Polish

Deborah Lippmann is the go-to celebrity manicurist for the most fashionable magazines and renowned fashion houses from Vogue, InStyle, W, Vanity Fair and Elle to Donna Karan, Rodarte, Narciso Rodriguez, Marchesa and Versace to name a few. After years of experience in the industry, her eponymous line of lacquers and treatments for nails, hands and feet is as coveted as her incredible talent.

Deborah’s success as one of the most sought-after manicurists in the world, as well as an innovative entrepreneur, has an interesting origin in her passion for and pursuit of music. Her first love was music, and with dreams of becoming a jazz singer, Deborah belted out sultry tunes in smoky clubs by night while working various jobs by day. Eventually, Deborah enrolled in cosmetology school where she discovered a hidden talent and her second love – nails.

Working closely with some of the biggest names among celebrities, editors, fashion designers and models, Deborah quickly identified the need for a diverse range of nail colors and luxury care products, which was missing in the market. It was at that moment that Deborah set out to create her own line of high-quality nail lacquers and treatments with her unique fashion point of view.

• What item in your collection do you have multiples of but from di...1 Answers
  • What's your favorite nail color?1 Answers
  • Does this brand of nail polish stay on your nails for a long time?2 Answers
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish
  • "It was hard to get an even coat -- it was either too thin or way too thick and did not dry well, even with Seche Vite top coat." in 9 reviews
Kelly E.
Kelly E.
East Meadow, NY
I've tried many of these polishes, and it's no exaggeration that there are MANY out there from super crazy and unique to nude and subtle colors, but I am basing this review on my all time favorite of the brand in the shade "Baby love" which is a beautiful white based pink. It looks like absolutely nothing special in the bottle, but it completely blew me away in quality, it isn't completely opaque so I normally apply 2 coats and it just gives my nails a beautiful and healthy nude pink tint with INCREDIBLE shine, I'm talking that you don't need a top coat kinda shine! Yep and not to mention I can get a solid week of flawless nails out of this, if you're looking in to trying any of these polishes at all I urge you to not overlook "baby love"
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Deborah Lippmann is my go-to nail polish due to its quality, range of colors, and value. It's pricey, but it's worth every penny. What is great is the ability to buy at discount in large sets, trios, and duos. I love "It's Raining Men." It's a red that anyone can wear. The staying power of Deborah Lippmann is also impressive. Used in conjunction with a Deborah Lippmann base coat, you are going to enjoy nearly a week of great nails. I apply a Deborah Lippmann top coat about every two days just to keep my manicure chip free and sleek.
Lexi L.
Lexi L.
Saint Johns, FL
Review for: Mermaids Dream
This is a glittered shimmer polish. It is a beautiful color for spring & summer! I have had it on for 4 days and I have no chips For review purposes, I just used a regular top coat, but I would recommend using a gel top coat (i.e. Gelish) because it is a glitter polish. It was opaque in 2 coats, but some nails needed 3. I loved how quickly it dried; it is one of the fastest drying nail polishes I have tried. I think it is a great polish & I do recommend it!
Brianne R.
Brianne R.
Beautiful colors, fantastic color combinations in the multi-color glitters, fun shade names, and a cute bottle that's easy to store because of the squared off shape. Super durable and long lasting, too--far better than OPI. (If anything, it's hard to get off! I've had to use the foil wrap over remover soaked cotton method and let it sit for a few minutes.) At this price, it should be hard to remove, though!
Melissa G.
Melissa G.
Columbia, SC
Review for: Lacquer Creme Sexyback
I adore Deborah Lippmann! This polish does not chip* (*in my experience). I painted my toes a week before going to Italy, then ignored my feet since I was going to be doing some heavy walking and as it was really cold wasn't worried about my polish. I came back and my polish was still flawless. It made me a believer and this is the polish I use before going on any trip, since I know I won't have to worry.
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I love Deborah Lippmann brand polish, it's one of the first high end polishes that I've ever used and it's still one of my top favorites. The quality along with the shade range is amazing, and is definitely worth the price because your manicure lasts much longer than most brands. I highly recommend giving this polish a try, you won't be disappointed!
Marines F.
Marines F.
Boynton Beach, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Beautiful pink shade with wonderful opacity in two coats! Really enjoy the Deborah Lippmann polishes, nice colors and great glitters! Good formula! Pop life was my 1st Deborah Lippmann and it's a versatile color that you just can't go wrong with! I also got it for a great price at tjmaxx! Would recommend it!! 💅🏽
Misheel D.
Misheel D.
Antelope, CA
Review for: Like Dreamers Do
I adore Deborah lippmann nail polishes. They are extremely long lasting, I've had mine for around 3-4 years and It's still going strong. They have great color payoff ! but their down side is that, they are pretty chipable once on the nail. I've noticed that they wear pretty fast as well.
Lauren J.
Lauren J.
Little Rock, AR
Review for: Flowers In Her Hair
Deborah Lippmann's Flowers in Her Hair is my favorite mint polish! It's the perfect shade for me, and has excellent wear time. It applies nicely for a pastel shade, and is one I will repurchase in the future! I highly recommend DL polishes in general, and this shade in particular!!
Alexandra N.
Alexandra N.
Buffalo , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this in Glitter and be Gay. It's a beautiful glitter polish. It's a bright canary yellow, with hints of blue and silver. It is a little chunky, but that's usually the case with most glitter polishes. I really do love and get compliments all the time when I wear it.
Cathy S.
Cathy S.
Victor, NY
Has anyone tried other Deborah Lippmann nail colors?
Katie H.
Katie H.
Kansas City, MO
Is worth the expensive price tag?
Sandra M.
Sandra M.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok, real talk. Does this nail polish actually stay on? Any difference in formulas between the matte colors and the more "glittery" formulas?
Erika W.
Erika W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this brand worth the money?
Lori M.
Lori M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are these easy to apply? Do they give an extra shine?