BY DEBORAH LIPPMANN

Deborah Lippmann is the go-to celebrity manicurist for the most fashionable magazines and renowned fashion houses from Vogue, InStyle, W, Vanity Fair and Elle to Donna Karan, Rodarte, Narciso Rodriguez, Marchesa and Versace to name a few. After years of experience in the industry, her eponymous line of lacquers and treatments for nails, hands and feet is as coveted as her incredible talent.

Deborah’s success as one of the most sought-after manicurists in the world, as well as an innovative entrepreneur, has an interesting origin in her passion for and pursuit of music. Her first love was music, and with dreams of becoming a jazz singer, Deborah belted out sultry tunes in smoky clubs by night while working various jobs by day. Eventually, Deborah enrolled in cosmetology school where she discovered a hidden talent and her second love – nails.

Working closely with some of the biggest names among celebrities, editors, fashion designers and models, Deborah quickly identified the need for a diverse range of nail colors and luxury care products, which was missing in the market. It was at that moment that Deborah set out to create her own line of high-quality nail lacquers and treatments with her unique fashion point of view.

• What item in your collection do you have multiples of but...1 Answers
  • What's your favorite nail color?1 Answers
  • Does this brand of nail polish stay on your nails for a l...2 Answers
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish
  • "It was hard to get an even coat -- it was either too thin or way too thick and did not dry well, even with Seche Vite top coat." in 9 reviews
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Review for: Break 4 Love Created With Inez Van Lamsweerde, Other more...
Y'all! First, Look at this package! This is unbelievable packed so gorgeously!! I didn't even wanna open, but when you do open the sand look is in its own case so you are able to keep the polish displayed just like this when not using!! I mean how many companies care about you like this? I ordered the Lifes a Beach set which included the colors Break 4 Love and The tide is high. These colors are BEAUTIFUL. My words don't even do it justice. These colors go on so nicely and even one coat is plenty for your nails to look AMAZING! These dont chip easily and the color lasts you for days! Even when i wash my hands a million time!! I am beyond happy with this purchase ,I paid $19. For the set, and they included a stripper to go mit [nail polish remover] for FREE! These finger nail polish colors are a purchase you will be glad you made! I recommend Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish . I am a life long customer now and am already looking for the next color I want to add to my collection😍
Jessica V.
Review for: Wicked Game more...
A friend of mine bought me Deborah Lippmann's Nail Polish in Wicked Game years ago. I was over the moon! I felt like a celebrity with this "luxurious" nail polish. Since then I have bought other shades, but Wicked Game is my favorite. It's iridescent. It looks green, purple or silver depending on your angle. I love it! It goes on so nice and lasts longer than most brands.
Joanna R.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Other more...
My favorite Debrah Lippmann nail polish is “Through The Fire.” I saw it and had to have it even though I knew it was extremely similar to my OPI “I’m Not Really A Waitress.” It was just too beautiful to not add it! It wears very well and I had no chipping issues. My only con is it is an expensive nail polish. I picked it up either online or at Nordstrom’s, I honestly can’t remember. Heck it could have been on online at Nordstrom’s for all I remember! 😘
Katie W.
Citrus Hts, CA
She has a wide variety of colors. My favorites are the glitters. They are super chunky, super shiny, and really really pretty. The glitters go on with a slight base color depending on what it is so they are not in a clear polish. But two layers usually does the trick.
Caitlin S.
Asbury Park, NJ
I have several DL polishes and I have to say that they are well worth the price. They go on so smooth and the formula is really rich and the shades are so pigmented they look great with two thin coats.
Brittany H.
Dandridge, TN
Review for: Modern Love more...
I love this color and wear it often. It’s a flattering neutral tone and people often ask what polish I’m wearing. I find that the formula does last long. I would buy more Deborah Lippmann products in the future.
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: Amazing Grace, Like Dreamers Do more...
I have this nail polish in Amazing Grace and Like Dreamers Do. By far, this is one of the best nail polishes I've tried. It goes on smoothly, and doesn't chip or peel easily like others do. I also love that it doesn't contain a lot of the harsh chemicals that other brands have. This polish lasted over 2 weeks before it started peeling, which is the longest any nail polish has lasted on my nails! It's pretty expensive compared to other brands but, for the quality it's worth it.
Jessica N.
Anaheim , CA
Review for: Modern Love more...
I am obsessed with Deborah Lippmann!!! Not only does she make amazing colors, but her polish actually stays on for more than a couple days without chipping. On top of a great wear, this polish has incredible ingredients that actually help provide nutrients to my nails and help strengthen them. I recommend this nail polish to everyone I know! Totally worth the price.
Kay L.
Deborah Lippmann has a great selection of colors and the formula is so nice. I took of one star though because after about a week, the nail polish will start lifting and peeling. But I like how smooth the formula is.
Brittany P.
Denver, CO
These colors have a color pay off that you can predict. How it looks in the bottle is how it goes on. Also it doesn’t chip very easily. I apply it on acrylic nails and on natural nails, and I love it equally. Huge color selection, but it is a little pricey for nail polish. I like the sets because it has several colors in small bottles at a good value.
Cathy S.
Victor, NY
Has anyone tried other Deborah Lippmann nail colors?
Katie H.
Kansas City, MO
Is worth the expensive price tag?
Sandra M.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Ok, real talk. Does this nail polish actually stay on? Any difference in formulas between the matte colors and the more "glittery" formulas?
Erika W.
Is this brand worth the money?
Lori M.
Are these easy to apply? Do they give an extra shine?