BY DEBORAH LIPPMANN

Deborah Lippmann is the go-to celebrity manicurist for the most fashionable magazines and renowned fashion houses from Vogue, InStyle, W, Vanity Fair and Elle to Donna Karan, Rodarte, Narciso Rodriguez, Marchesa and Versace to name a few. After years of experience in the industry, her eponymous line of lacquers and treatments for nails, hands and feet is as coveted as her incredible talent.

Deborah’s success as one of the most sought-after manicurists in the world, as well as an innovative entrepreneur, has an interesting origin in her passion for and pursuit of music. Her first love was music, and with dreams of becoming a jazz singer, Deborah belted out sultry tunes in smoky clubs by night while working various jobs by day. Eventually, Deborah enrolled in cosmetology school where she discovered a hidden talent and her second love – nails.

Working closely with some of the biggest names among celebrities, editors, fashion designers and models, Deborah quickly identified the need for a diverse range of nail colors and luxury care products, which was missing in the market. It was at that moment that Deborah set out to create her own line of high-quality nail lacquers and treatments with her unique fashion point of view.

• What item in your collection do you have multiples of but from di...1 Answers
  • What's your favorite nail color?1 Answers
  • Does this brand of nail polish stay on your nails for a long time?2 Answers
Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish
  • "It was hard to get an even coat -- it was either too thin or way too thick and did not dry well, even with Seche Vite top coat." in 9 reviews
Joanna R.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: Other
My favorite Debrah Lippmann nail polish is “Through The Fire.” I saw it and had to have it even though I knew it was extremely similar to my OPI “I’m Not Really A Waitress.” It was just too beautiful to not add it! It wears very well and I had no chipping issues. My only con is it is an expensive nail polish. I picked it up either online or at Nordstrom’s, I honestly can’t remember. Heck it could have been on online at Nordstrom’s for all I remember! 😘
Toni A.
Review for: I Know What Boys Like
This is, by far, the BEST cruelty free nail polish line on the market. I got a mini bottle, which is not all that mini, at Sephora, as well as the polish remover. The color goes on thin. By the second coat you have a solid base. It wears like a gel manicure. One day no chipping so far
Emily B.
burlingame, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
My favorite nail polish brand hands down. I love the packaging and selection of colors and glittery finishes. It’s more natural and stays on great! I bought mine at Sephora and they have great sets around the holidays 😊
Julia M.
Review for: Naked
So in love with this nail polish- I read they are formaldehyde free so I gave it a shot. They last longer than most polishes I've tried and I will definitely be purchasing more!
Elysia M.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Blue Orchid
The polish is thick (and gets thick not long after owning) but the color is so beautiful and I love how opaque it is after 2 coats. Always get compliments with this color.
Anne Michelle J.
I got this nail polish in my Spring 2017 FabFitFun Box, in "Like a Virgin" and some other color that's really pale blue.

I hated this nail polish. I hated that you needed to add like 7 layers to get it to be opaque, which means I had to wait for it to dry before making sure the colors showed up. The colors themselves were okay--pretty pastels and perfect for spring, but not something I'd wear regularly.
As for wear and tear, it started chipping pretty much the day after I put it on...did not last one round of doing the dishes.
Also, I'm not sure if it was the nail polish remover or the nail polish, but after I took it off, my nails were super yellow and brittle. I had to actually cut my nails short, since they were breaking! Since I've used this nail polish remover before, I don't think it was the polish remover...
Overall, I would not recommend purchasing this product.
Sonia J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
$19.00 I have the kit in Shape of My Heart and Like A Virgin colors. They may be small nail polish’s but the colors are so pretty. I received mine in white and pink. I already tried them and really fell in love, I looked up Deborah Lippmann online and saw some amazing variety of colors and looks created by other amazing girls. The nail polish took about 3 coats, and can I just take a minute to say it dries so quickly!! That is every girls dream right? After drying I noticed the color got darker which really gave it a pretty natural look on my fake nails (I have a nail biting issue so I do wear fakes). I am absolutely purchasing more from Deborah Lippmann and highly recommend if you love nail polish as I do.
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Deborah Lippmann collections don't tend to wow me anymore, but her cremes are impeccable. 2 thin easy coats for both Miss Independent and Respect. I won't deny that I often pick up one of the polishes for it's song name, but unless you get a chunky glitter or more trendy finish (like when she did creme textures), I don't think you can go wrong. And, you can't deny that the bottle is the most gorgeous polish bottle in the biz (don't tell me Louboutin - that thing is gaudy).
Sarah G.
Review for: Mermaids Dream, Whip It
I really like the shade Whip It. It was such a perfect pinkish color that looks really good on my nails, even with just 1 coat. The only thing is that it's quite expensive, and I had trouble with the formula being a little watery sometimes. On the other hand, I really disliked the shade Mermaids Dream. I'm usually drawn to glittery polish, but even I didn't like how this looked on my nails. It was just too much, and it didn't look good on me at all.
Monica T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product in my spring #Fabfitfun box. I colors I tried were #likeavirgin and #shapeofmyheart. The colors are a pretty pastel set that goes well will any spring outfit and make up. The bottle is classic and small, which is great because I don't think I have ever used a regular size bottle up before it got all sticky. The polish went on smooth, but it did take 4 coats to actually get the color to show.
Cathy S.
Victor, NY
Has anyone tried other Deborah Lippmann nail colors?
Katie H.
Kansas City, MO
Is worth the expensive price tag?
Sandra M.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok, real talk. Does this nail polish actually stay on? Any difference in formulas between the matte colors and the more "glittery" formulas?
Erika W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this brand worth the money?
Luz  B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been wanting to try different brands of nail polish, how good is this one?