BY DEB #70 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• Where is there a store in Washington?1 Answers
  • Can you shop online at Deb??1 Answers
  • Is this a discount clothing store like a TJ-Maxx or what does thi...1 Answers
DEB
  • "Granted, I haven't shopped there since high school, but even then I might have bought one t-shirt from there before I learned that the quality is god-awful." in 48 reviews
  • "This place has really cute clothes, but I walked in looking for a prom dress one time and as I was looking someone who worked in the store said "sorry we don't have anything your size here" it was the only time anyone has ever said anything like that to me, I am 5' 4 and a 125 pounds.. maybe some of their clothes would be long for me, but I am a pretty average size." in 47 reviews
  • "Yes, they were cheaply made most of the time, but I have gotten some great use out of the jeans and leggings I have bought from there." in 43 reviews
  • "Great if you're looking for a special occasion dress because they're quality, a good price, and available in plus sizes." in 33 reviews
  • "They do have nice formal dresses and accessories so I would recommend coming here if you need a dress for an occasion for a great deal." in 33 reviews
Alison C.
White Oak, PA
I don't shop here on a regular basis because I am not a fan of the quality or design of their clothing. However the last thing I bought here was my junior year high school homecoming dress. I decided to go to the dance last minute and wanted a cheap dress. After wandering around the mall I decided to stop in DEB. I was impressed with the large selection of dresses they have! And even though I am not plus sized, I appreciate that DEB offers plus sized clothing and prom dresses in their store. Anyway, the quality of the dress was nice and I purchased it for a very reasonable price. I would recommend this store for girls looking to be frugal when buying prom/homecoming dresses, but not necessarily for clothing.
Jessica W.
Moundsville, WV
This store has been one of my favorite growing up. When you live in a small town there really isn't a wide variety of stores but this one was in our local mall. I feel like there is clothing that could fit many different types of people from younger teenagers to young adults. I love that half of the store is separated into larger sized clothing which a lot of times are cuter than the normal sizes. I think its great their models aren't stick thin like most stores which makes it even more inviting to shop in. I have found everything in that store from prom dresses to bathing suits. They also have a variety of different styles of clothing too which helps to bring everyone together into one store.
Kimberly C.
Port Leyden, NY
The store is pretty hit or miss. If you find something you like and in your size GRAB IT. Or else it will not be there the next time. I love shopping there for formal dresses and jeans (after a pretty harsh inspection on my part for quality) and if a shirt catches my attention in the display window. They're price's are a little more on the up side, but if you sign up for the email thing they have, you do get some pretty good deals and they're always having some kind of sale. The quality also depends on what you're buying, jewelry is poor quality, as are some of their jeans. But I do own a two dresses that I've had for 10 years and they're still intact and I've worn them quite a few times.
Alisha P.
Deb was pretty much my go to store when I was in high school I really loved their graphic tees but as I got older a lot of their clothes seem less appealing to me I like to still buy their camis yoga pants and some jeans if I can find some without the distressed rips in them
Sarah J.
Wichita, KS
I love throwaway fashion, I really do. And when I can get a lot of clothes in a sale and not spend a lot, I love it even more. Forever 21 is probably my favorite store for this. Deb, however, is not worth walking into. Practically every piece of clothing I've purchased has fallen apart immediately. The denim is weak and poor quality, the clothes don't hold up like other brands do, and it's not justifiable to spend so much on a shirt that's only going to unravel and fall apart. I'd skip it.
Angela C.
Cameron, WI
Fashionista Expert
I used to love shopping here but it's always such a mess, there's never an employee, and the store set up sucks. Also I feel like I'm on display in the fitting rooms.
Taylor D.
Westford, MA
I used to work at DEB and I can easily say that it is not worth going into. Before working there I very rarely bought anything from the store. It is too cluttered and the clothes looked rather trashy. (I would only get a dress for a school dance.) Once I started working there I was able to locate a few cute things that I eventually purchased. However everything shrinks and gets ruined with one or two washes. The clothes rip easily and they just don't last long. If you are looking for a one-night type of outfit that you don't want to splurge on then DEB is an okay option, if you are looking for something that you hope will last- then do not shop at DEB.
Emily P.
Lexington, KY
I loved shopping at Deb because they have such a good selection of plus size clothes. But here recently I have been very disappointed. I wanted to return a tank top that I had gotten in the wrong size and they wouldn't take it back because I didn't have the tag and it "smelled like perfume". I work in a clothing store and I know very well that stores resell products that have smells from their home. I was very frustrated and will probably not be going back. I also have been going in there and the shoes have been destroyed. The associates spend more time talking to each other and straightening other things rather than cleaning up the eyesore.
Carmen L.
Glassboro, NJ
Deb is one of my favorite stores to shop at! I love that they have trendy fashions for the plus sized woman...ever since I had my daughter, I find it difficult to find cute stuff to wear that is still on trend, and doesn't make me look like a fat cow, but I can always count on Deb to have something I like. Granted, the quality of the clothing sometimes isn't the greatest, but if you dry clean, or wash them carefully, you can get a lot of wear for your dollar. Oh, and let's not mention dollars...the prices are very reasonable! I even got my birthday outfit from Deb...I looked and felt fabulous, and got lots of compliments all night long!
Joni T.
Tarentum, PA
As a plus size girl I have such a hard time finding anything cute. In the big stores like Sears there is no designated Junior's Plus size section and it can be frustrating searching for something cute that fits right. In Deb that problem is solved by walking right across the store. Most of the time the plus size clothes are the same as the regular sized clothes and that means that just because you see something cute on the regular side of the store doesn't mean you lose hope. Chances are they actually have it in your size.
The regular prices are a bit high but they always have great sales going on so the clothes are also affordable.
Juana B.
homeland, ca
How ofthen do you shop here?
Amy V.
Sacramento, CA
Meredith E.
Bloomington, IN
Meranda S.
Are Deb stores still around?
Rebecca W.