BY DEB #71 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• Where is there a store in Washington?1 Answers
  • Can you shop online at Deb??1 Answers
  • Is this a discount clothing store like a TJ-Maxx or what does thi...1 Answers
DEB
  • "Granted, I haven't shopped there since high school, but even then I might have bought one t-shirt from there before I learned that the quality is god-awful." in 48 reviews
  • "This place has really cute clothes, but I walked in looking for a prom dress one time and as I was looking someone who worked in the store said "sorry we don't have anything your size here" it was the only time anyone has ever said anything like that to me, I am 5' 4 and a 125 pounds.. maybe some of their clothes would be long for me, but I am a pretty average size." in 47 reviews
  • "Yes, they were cheaply made most of the time, but I have gotten some great use out of the jeans and leggings I have bought from there." in 43 reviews
  • "Great if you're looking for a special occasion dress because they're quality, a good price, and available in plus sizes." in 33 reviews
  • "They do have nice formal dresses and accessories so I would recommend coming here if you need a dress for an occasion for a great deal." in 33 reviews
Sarah J.
Wichita, KS
I love throwaway fashion, I really do. And when I can get a lot of clothes in a sale and not spend a lot, I love it even more. Forever 21 is probably my favorite store for this. Deb, however, is not worth walking into. Practically every piece of clothing I've purchased has fallen apart immediately. The denim is weak and poor quality, the clothes don't hold up like other brands do, and it's not justifiable to spend so much on a shirt that's only going to unravel and fall apart. I'd skip it.
Taylor D.
Westford, MA
I used to work at DEB and I can easily say that it is not worth going into. Before working there I very rarely bought anything from the store. It is too cluttered and the clothes looked rather trashy. (I would only get a dress for a school dance.) Once I started working there I was able to locate a few cute things that I eventually purchased. However everything shrinks and gets ruined with one or two washes. The clothes rip easily and they just don't last long. If you are looking for a one-night type of outfit that you don't want to splurge on then DEB is an okay option, if you are looking for something that you hope will last- then do not shop at DEB.
Emily P.
Lexington, KY
I loved shopping at Deb because they have such a good selection of plus size clothes. But here recently I have been very disappointed. I wanted to return a tank top that I had gotten in the wrong size and they wouldn't take it back because I didn't have the tag and it "smelled like perfume". I work in a clothing store and I know very well that stores resell products that have smells from their home. I was very frustrated and will probably not be going back. I also have been going in there and the shoes have been destroyed. The associates spend more time talking to each other and straightening other things rather than cleaning up the eyesore.
Carmen L.
Glassboro, NJ
Deb is one of my favorite stores to shop at! I love that they have trendy fashions for the plus sized woman...ever since I had my daughter, I find it difficult to find cute stuff to wear that is still on trend, and doesn't make me look like a fat cow, but I can always count on Deb to have something I like. Granted, the quality of the clothing sometimes isn't the greatest, but if you dry clean, or wash them carefully, you can get a lot of wear for your dollar. Oh, and let's not mention dollars...the prices are very reasonable! I even got my birthday outfit from Deb...I looked and felt fabulous, and got lots of compliments all night long!
Joni T.
Tarentum, PA
As a plus size girl I have such a hard time finding anything cute. In the big stores like Sears there is no designated Junior's Plus size section and it can be frustrating searching for something cute that fits right. In Deb that problem is solved by walking right across the store. Most of the time the plus size clothes are the same as the regular sized clothes and that means that just because you see something cute on the regular side of the store doesn't mean you lose hope. Chances are they actually have it in your size.
The regular prices are a bit high but they always have great sales going on so the clothes are also affordable.
Becca J.
El Paso, IL
This is legit my favorite store. However I do have to watch what I buy. There is stuff there that will fall out of style quickly or things I will only wear a few times that is made for only a few wears that is priced pretty cheap. The good quality material there though is still at a reasonable price. But if you don't know the difference between good and bad material it is easy to purchase a higher marked product which you think is good material but it's not.
shannon e.
Colchester, VT
Fashionista Expert Level 1
I am first going to say that I am devastated because in April of this year Deb closed its doors in Vermont. and I spent so much money before they did because this is MY FAVORITE store.. being a plus sized girl places to find jeans that fit me are limited . and the sales they had in the store was unbeatable.. And sadly the website doesn't offer the same awesome deals now as they did before they went under.. now everything is very expensive and more "high end" looking stuff.. I miss Deb I wish their online store had comparable prices to the stores.. because this was the only store I could buy jeans that were affordable
Tricia A.
Cupertino, CA
When this store opened in my town it wasn't the greatest looking store, the clothes kind of looked as cheap as they were. I even bought a shirt from them that ripped like a day or so after having it, also a lot of their clothes has really bright colors that I wasn't a fan of. But after a few years of them being there I've changed their style and I've actually liked some of the things they have been selling, but it seems that their prices are going up. So even when they have a season that has horrible clothes (like that last time I went there almost everything was sequence) it was too expensive for no reason.
Katie J.
Las vegas, NV
When I moved to South Dakota from Las Vegas I had expected the worst as far as shopping goes. This store is literally the BEST store in Rapid City and I wish we had them here in Vegas!!

They've got tons of cute stuff from casual where to cocktail and prom dresses. They also carry a variety of plus-size clothes which is a huge factor for me.

On top of the great selecetiont they offer, you cannot beat the prices! It was the only place I would buy tank tops and t-shirts because they fit great, came in a huge variety of colors, and were super cheap! I miss DEB so much!! Bring a DEB to Vegas!!
N C.
Boston, MA
I love scoring deals and DEB is definitely a great place to check out. While their quality suffers a LOT in many cases, there are some things that are actually quite nice and don't necessarily need the high quality to be appreciated! I've never spent more than $10 on a clothing item there, and while there are definitely some things I regret buying for sizing or style reasons (It's pretty pre-teen/teen esque) I'm impressed by how quickly they adapt to new styles. I have a few things that I've gotten there that are so versatile and even after a few years, I still wear the items and rather like them!
Juana B.
homeland, ca
How ofthen do you shop here?
Amy V.
sacramento, CA
Meredith E.
Bloomington, IN
Meranda S.
Are Deb stores still around?
Rebecca W.