Dear John (Blu-ray) (Widescreen) uploaded by Katrina G.

BY NONE

Directed by Lasse Halstrom, based on the novel by best-selling author Nicholas Sparks, with screenplay by Jamie Linden, "Dear John" tells the story of John Tyree (Channing Tatum), a young soldier home on leave, and Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried), the idealistic college student he falls in love with during her spring vacation. Over the next seven tumultuous years, the couple is separated by John's increasingly dangerous deployments. While meeting only sporadically, they stay in touch by sending a continuous stream of love letters overseas - correspondence that eventually triggers fateful consequences. Subtitles: English And English SDH, Alternate Ending, Deleted, Featurettes, Outtakes. "A Conversation with Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried and Lasse Hallstrom"; "Transforming Charleston"; "Military in Movies: 'Dear John's' Military Advisors"; "Mr. Tyree, The Mule, and Benny Dietz"; "The Story of Braeden Reed"; movieIQ+sync(TM) and BD-Live connect you to real-time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie. see more...

• How many of you have read the book? Am I the only one who preferr...3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Leslie R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this movie. The connection between the two cast mates is incredible. I was crying and smiling throughout the whole movie. The only thing i didnt like was the ending because it left it up to us to hope for the best like the movie the fault in our stars did. Overall, this is a must see romantic movie.
Trisha F.
Esparto , CA
You know of course I would be that person watching this movie thinking oh this is so wonderful everything is gonna work out just fine, forgetting that the movie is called dear John haha but even though it didn't turn out as I had hoped and I really enjoyed it
ashleigh w.
kingsport, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really don't like the girl in this movie, but channing tatum makes up for that. Could use better acting. But over all it was a good movie! I wouldn't buy it but I would watch it on tv if it came on. I would recommend for a date night or girls night movie.
Alicia B.
Leitchfield, KY
Chick flicks are my favorite type of movies and I absolutely love channing tatum. And Amanda Seyfried they are both great actor's! And the story line is so good. And heartwarming.
Imani G.
Cooper, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great movie but also sad. I love Nicholas Sparks movies they are all great "love" stories! It's about him being out in the army and while on break meeting a women that he fall in love with, later in the movie she ends up marrying someone else so they became distant, his father passed away before he ever found out who the man she married was
Sarah N.
Tazewell , TN
This is one of those movies that makes you so mad, yet you watch it again and again cause you understand why she made the choice she made. Plus who doesn't wanna watch a movie with Channing Tatum in it?
Heather B.
Sevierville , TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I personally loved the book way better than the movie. in the movie they changed some of the characters and the story. Still enjoy watching the movie though, cause who doesn't LOVE Chaninng TatYUM? (yes did that on purpose if you've seen This is the End you understand)
Guadalupe P.
Valencia, CA
I don't love this movie that much I'd rather read the book because it has more details, but definitely my favorite scene it's the end of the movie when I hope the get together, I've seen the movie many many times I love it
Faith G.
Crawfordsville, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really liked this movie, and am a complete sucker for typical "chick flicks" like this one. I did enjoy the book more, but this movie was still great. Also, target had it on sale for $5, so you can't pass up a bargain like this!
Susan B.
Cumberland, MD
I wanted to like this I really really did. But even thou it's a Nickolas sparks bok an channing is in it, it failed to meet my expectations sadly I was done right after the letter
Ashley U.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
How many of you have read the book? Am I the only one who preferred the book over the novel?