BY PETER WEIR #91 in Movies

In an age defined by crew cuts, sport coats, and cheerless conformity, he not only broke the mold ... he reinvented it. Academy Award® winner Robin Williams (Best Supporting Actor, GOOD WILL HUNTING, 1997) delivers an extraordinary performance in one of the most compelling motion pictures of all time. Williams stars as English professor John Keating, a passionate iconoclast who changes his students' lives forever when he challenges them to live life to the fullest and "Carpe Diem" -- seize the day! Keating's unconventional approach meets with irrepressible enthusiasm from his students, but the faculty at staid, exclusive Welton Academy prep school is, to put it mildly, not amused. see more...

• I don't think I've seen this movie. Is it a good one? It sounds f...1 Answers
  • I know this is a pretty popular movie, but what is it actually ab...1 Answers
  • I really like Robin Williams movies but I haven't seen this one y...2 Answers
Dead Poets Society
  • "Just one of my favorite movies that can bring a tear to your eye." in 5 reviews
  • "It is so awesome and it's one of Robin Williams best movies, in my opinion." in 5 reviews
  • "oh captain my captain..... one of the classics of my childhood." in 5 reviews
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Pop Culture Expert
Dead Poets Society. What a fantastic story this is! I really enjoyed this. I love Robin Williams and thought he was exceptional in this movie. All of the boys at the academy were great in their roles also. Even though the story turned sad at times the ending filled you with emotion for the pride and admiration shown for their respected teacher. This was a great movie.
Daislyn R.
Hialeah, FL
Pop Culture Expert
I saw this movie years ago in high school and I loved it! Robin is amazing in his role, of course. Everything about the movie is inspiring, motivational, captivating and it also has funny moments. If you haven't seen it watch it and pass the movie on. I believe everyone should watch this movie at least one time.
Allison S.
Mechanicsville, VA
One of Robin Williams best films. Watching Robin Williams act in role that is not comedy was surprisingly awesome. My favorite scene was standing on the desk in support of Robin Williams ( the teacher). A must see movie.
Desiree L.
One of my favorite teachers in high school showed us this movie. I'm not sure I appreciated it as much as I do now. I had a chance to watch it again in my adult life and it was a movie that resonated with me. A must watch.
Morgan g.
I watched this video in a 60s study class in high school. And I am glad I did. I don't think I would have pulled it off the shelf myself but it is such a fantastic movie! Long live Robbin Williams
Kerry T.
Oh Captain, my Captain! This movie is simply beautiful! One of Robin Williams greatest roles on my opinion. The one will pull at your heartstrings and have you rooting for academic freedom and expression!!
Chastity J.
I love this movie! It is so inspirational! It has Robin Williams in it and is performance is outstanding. I think this movie should be shown to all young teens. It gives a great moral and it inspires you to cease the day! I would love to watch this again.
Stephanie O.
Such a well written script, honestly and truly a wonderful movie although emotional and heart wrenching it was a beautiful movie and it is a movie I will always remember. Oh Captain my Captain
Andrea R.
McKinney, TX
This really is one of Robin Williams's best films. I don't think it ever got the attention it deserved. It's beautiful. Makes you think and imagine. Not just a mindless watch that you forget a few hours later.
Tina T.
San Diego, CA
Excellent movie! Seeing Robin Williams in this role, as well as the young talented actors is a real treat. It's an inspirational story about independence and individuality. Everyone should see this film.
Daisy R.
Rincon, PR
Pop Culture Expert
Is this movie actually good?
Kimberly C.
Spiro, OK
Have you seen this?
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny
In my opinion I feel that this is Robin William's best performance ever....do you agree? If not, what is your favorite Robin Williams movie?
Tanita C.
Springfield, MA
I never seen this movie is it good
Myia D.
Baltimore, MD
I have never seen this movie before is it good?