BY DE CECCO

De Cecco Past Farfalline have a rectangular shape with an oval scalloped border and a tight frill in the middle. Since they are so small, they are best for children and in broths, with croutons or with thinly sliced vegetable strips. Excellent also in thicker creamy soups. Since 1886 we have liked our pasta to be bronze drawn and slowly dried because we like it to fall into the plate full of taste, rough and always "al dente". Even though our taste has not changed, as we feel the same love for tradition, we have continued to improve our production technologies. Features include: -Pack of five, 16-ounces per box (total of 80 ounces)-Rectangular shape with an oval scalloped-border and a tight frill in the middle-O.U. Kosher certified-Made in Italy-Please note: the date printed on the box is the production date. First 3 digits refer to the Julian Date (001= Jan 1, 365 = Dec 31), next two digits are the year. Shelf life is three years from production date. see more...

• There isn't anything about this pasta that would justify its pric...2 Answers
  • Why is this brand more expensive? What's unique about it?1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Adalgisa V.
Wading River, NY
I think the DeCecco brand is just as good as Barilla pasta. There is no taste difference that I can notice. I love stocking up when they go on sale for a quick meal during the week. It's easy to throw together with some sauce.
Madeline O.
Denver, CO
De Cecco is a quality pasta brand with lots of interesting shapes not typical of the average pasta providers at the grocery store.
Carly F.
Washington, DC
Excellent pasta. You can use this in a variety of recipes. It's not the healthiest pasta but better than most others.
Ann R.
Longwood, FL
De Cecco is one of my favorite brands for pasta. I used the farfalline pasta my cucumbers and feta cheese salad.
Jenna F.
Atlantic Bch, NY
These are delicious, taste fresh, and also are great in soups or in pasta salads.
Vanessa R.
Love this brand. One of my favorite pasta shapes to put in chicken noodle soup
Rochelle E.
Livermore, CA
There isn't anything about this pasta that would justify its price. It's on par with other types of boxed pasta, no better, no worse.
Katie H.
Grand Rapids, MI
Why is this brand more expensive? What's unique about it?