DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Relief Liquid

The non-drowsy, multi-symptom cold and flu relief of DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Liquid helps you get your power back so you can enjoy the day.

Temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:

• Nasal congestion
• Cough due to minor throat & bronchial irritation
• Sore throat
• Headache
• Minor aches & pains
• Fever

Active Ingredients (in each 15 mL) (Purpose)

Acetaminophen 325 mg (Pain reliever/fever reducer)
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg (Cough suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg (Nasal decongestant)

Inactive Ingredients

citric acid, FD&C yellow No. 6, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xantham gum

Usage:

• Take only as directed
• Use only the dose cup provided
• Do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours

Adults and children 12 years and over - 30 mL every 4 hours
Children 6 to under 12 years - 15 mL every 4 hours
Children 4 to under 6 years - Ask a doctor
Children under 4 years - Do not use

When using other DayQuil™ or NyQuil™ products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing.

How does this Vick’s DayQuil taste? I don’t like NyQuil because of the taste and am reluctant to use the DayQuil that I have. Thanks?
I have a cold and need a medicine to hold me over past the Easter weekend #sick #cold medicine what is good besides DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Relief Liquid ?
Do you take Nyquil too at night or just Dayquil?
Start your review of DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Relief Liquid!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“It helps get rid of cold and symptoms fast.” in reviews
“Best cold/flu relief medicine always works great and fast too you feel it working and it's great for the day no drowsiness.” in reviews
“My husband is the should bread winner in the house so he can't get sick .” in reviews
Blackwood, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I took this medicine because I had a terrible cold. I did feel like it made me feel a little bit better sigh my cold symptoms but definitely still made me feel drowsy and tired. Drowsy and non drowsy.... They are still both drowsy to me
I've had issues in the past with negative reactions to cold meds, and with COPD and other health issues, I need to be really careful what I take. My doc suggested that this might work for me -- none of the ingredients (active or inactive) conflict with my regular meds, so I decided to give it a try the next time I had a cold. Sure enough, it happened -- just a few weeks ago. I know that rest and fluids are the best treatment, but I felt so miserable I really wanted something that would help minimize symptoms while my body worked to get over the bug. I decided to put these to the test. Started with the DayQuil - doc had recommended taking 1 tablet, waiting 2-3 hours, and then taking the second one so that if I did have a reaction, it wouldn't be as big an issue. Followed his advice, and noticed a definite improvement after the first tablet, even more after the second. OK, then! This seems to be working. It didn't make me drowsy, but did help to alleviate some of the aches and stuffiness. Moving on to NyQuil -- doc has said that if I did OK on the daytime version, I could try taking both Nyquil tablets at once. Yeah, not such a good idea for me. I woke up groggy and feeling like I'd been drugged. The second night, I took only 1 NyQuil tablet, and it seemed to work much better. Bottom line: this product worked better than I thought it would. It definitely helped me to feel better while I was recovering from a bad cold (pretty sure I picked it up on a long flight from Boston to Seattle). Will use again for sure.
5/5 It does its job well. It relieves me of my cold and symptoms. I like this alot better than Nyquil actually. Nyquil doesn't help me if anything it only puts me to sleep and after a few days of taking it I still feel the same. But when it comes to DayQuil. DayQuil takes my sickness away from me fast. I love it. Here are some of symptoms it helps with for example, nasal congestion, sore throat, headache, minor aches and pains, fever, and cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
All these medication reviews make me worry about how much I require it... The product works fantastic. Not the worst tasting thing out there, I generally opt for the capsules of dayquil (I am convinced that the capsules don't work in Nyquil form - it has to be liquid. There is no factual evidence to suggest this. Dayquil is easier in pill form) and they help very quickly. A good product and my family regularly uses this when sick.
Cole Harbour, NS
DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Relief Liquid uploaded by Morgan G.
I have always used DayQuil for cold and flu symptoms rather than Buckley’s or any other product. I like the pill form as well, but I find the syrup delivers the quickest relief. While Buckley’s may be more effective I prefer to use something that tastes better so I’m not using it as a last resort. I recently had the flu and this helped me get to sleep and quickly gave relief from my cough, fever, and congestion.
Edison, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
DayQuil really does work especially when you have a cold or the flu. The formula works best when you make sure that you were taking it consistently for the suggested dosage especially for an adult taking it I believe every four hours. The only negative is that the flavor is not my favorite it is hard to find a cough or cold syrup that is palpable.
Phoenix, AZ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This product is a lifesaver if you’re having to work and have a cold or flu made it for you call that lasted about seven days as I had to work through my cold and cathartic days off please help me be able to get through work and not feel so dead This product is awesome because they received a coupon for it and you can find it at any grocery store
Wenonah, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I remember trying this for the first time when I was sick and had to go to work and it made me feel like I had 6 cups of coffee it gave me shakey hands. I took the correct amount for my age at the time but I just didn’t like how it made me feel. I didn’t feel like I had a cold anymore though. So now if I have to take it I take less then recommended.
covina
This liquid medicine will have me feeling like I’m not even sick. It can be pricey depending where you purchase it but not bad. I think the only thing that could change is the flavor, but that’s a small detail. I only use it when I’m feeling really sick and have to do things during the day but it helps tremendously!
Bel Air, MD
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Dayqul is another medicine i always have on hand in my house. I prefer to buy the liquids because I feel they work quicker and maybe better!! This medicine works wonders. Have a cold or the flu, but still have to work or get stuff done, this will be your best friend. It helps with all your symptoms with no drowsiness!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a un an
Stefany S. • il y a 2 jours
(1.Advil multi symptom cold and flu), (2.NyQuil cold and flu,) (3.Theraflu Multi-Symptom Severe Cold Relief Medicine). ... For non drowsy medicine- (4.Vicks Sinex Severe Sinus Pressure & Pain Non-Drowsy LiquiCaps.) Buy on Amazon Buy on Walmart. ...(5.CVS Health Multi-Symptom Nighttime Cold/Flu Relief Softgels.) (6.Sudafed PE. ...)
Harlingen, TX
il y a 3 ans
DayQuil™ Cold & Flu Relief Liquid is this medicine any good for when you get a cold ?
rachel H. • il y a 3 ans