BY DAWN #1 in Dish Soap

• Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?162 Answers
  • What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊117 Answers
Reviews (11900)
Grace D.
forget every other dishwashing soap! you need to look no further! This is the best hands down. nothing cleans my dishes like this. I've used this for over 5 years and try different stuff but nothing works like the Original Dawn. I even use this on other stuff besides dishes. Like mixing one part Dawn and one part vinegar is absolutely amazing for cleaning my bathtub period I just spray it on leave for a couple hours and come back and wipes right off and leaves my tub spotless. it's also a great stain Fighter for clothes. I love it because it works great and it's gentle enough on my kids clothes or my baby carriers
Katie C.
Dallas, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I will start off by saying that I have eczema on my hands and have a job that requires a lot of hand washing and dish washing.

I think Dawn Dish Soap is a staple of the American bathroom and quite honestly, it's so inexpensive and really does get the job done when it comes to dirty dishes BUT if you have sensitive skin, this stuff will dry you out something fierce. It makes my eczema crack and bleed when used more than once per day. Now, this could just be me but it is a personal review so I want to be super honest when I rate a product. It's just not for me, I'll be sticking with Mrs. Meyers.
Carla J.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
We are Dawn lovers! I bought a cheaper brand on sale and it was a big mistake. I dish it did not feel clean and I had to use so much of the dish soap.My husband is a mechanic and he uses it when he gets home to wash his hands before eating. We keep a small bottle of Dawn in the shower for him to also clean up any grease that he may have on his body before he showers. Other mechanics recommended this to him. It gets all of the grease and grime all off of our dishes. I even use Dawn soap mixed with vinegar to deep clean our shower and it works amazing. I cannot say enough positive things about this product.
Autumn H.
Wallingford, CT
I love Dawn because of the program where buying a bottle helps animals that have been impacted by oil spills.

Dawn truly does do the best job at getting tough food off of dishes for the most part and it also can be used in a million other ways to get grease off of things. I also use it to get grease out of clothing and off of my car seats (mixed with baking soda and water). It also helps if your floors get really slick because someone spilled oil.

Finally, using a non-citrus based detergent is also best in general for your silverware as it will reduce pitting and help it last longer. :) cheers!
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I love Dawn dish soap it is the only dish soap I use in may house. I love the scent and how clean it gets my dishes. Dawn is very affordable and easy to store. I always buy multiples when I go to the store because I hate to run out of dish soap. I love how easy Dawn dish soap gets grease off my pot and pans and doesn't make my hands feel dry after washing the dishes. My family has used Dawn for years and I will continue to do so. Dawn Ultra Concentrated Dish Liquid Original
Lailani B.
Portland, OR
Honestly, this stuff removes literally anything. Grease on pans, cleans animals (Dawn is animal-friendly!), sticky counters, cleans cars, removes stains in white clothes that won't come out, hair dye and makeup staining skin and surfaces... I tried cleaning an article of clothing that got stained with bleach numerous times, and it only spread the stain out more. It didn't go away until I used Dawn on it and immediately it washed out. Have stained my hands with blue hair dye too, washes out really quickly. Literally the best all-over product having around your house. Highly recommend!
Brittany C.
Lomita, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Dear Dawn, Why are you so amazing?! I love the smells of other dish liquid but this is pretty much the holy grail. It get's dishes soooo clean and clear! Also mix it with some water and peroxide and it removes stains and cleans carpet as well! I recently was wearing my husbands loved hoodie and because tacos are life, I spilled hot sauce on his hoodie! He was soo upset but I told him, oh just you wait mr. Mama has the tricks to take out stains! I put a little dawn on the stain, threw it in the wash and voila! Good as new! He wasn't even able to find where I left the stain hahah
Tanielle W.
Charleston Afb, SC
This soap will never not be in my cabinets. A little goes a very long way which is very cost effective. I love to stock up when the coupons come out. I buy from my military commissary or Wal-Mart typically but I've also bought from CVS when they go on sale. I usually have quite a stockpile because I cannot be without this for my pans. I've also used this in combination with baking soda to get grease stains out of uniforms and stains in cloth.
Bonnie F.
I only use Dawn dish detergent. It does a superb job cleaning dishes and greasy pots and pans. A little goes a long way. It doesn't hurt my hands either!! It gets rid of grease in no time. I was visiting a friends home for two weeks and she didn't have Dawn. I did her dishes, it was the least I could do, because she was letting me stay there. By the end of that vacation, my hands were red, sore, and close to bleeding. You can't trust other brands! She has since switched brands after seeing my skin. I also use it on my dogs for flea problems, as recommended from my trusted vet.
Chelsi L.
Stayton , OR
Honestly dawn is the best liquid dish soap. My mom and grandma have only bought this my whole life. It gets Dishes super clean. It also doesn't leave a smell or Taste on the dishes like some other leading dish soap brands do. It also has an antibacterial agent in them so I know it's killing germs. I trust this soap for cleaning chicken and other raw meat. It also helps save wild life when there is oil spills! So I also doesn't leave any grease residue behind on the dishes. Makes doing dishes by hand really simple and easy cause it gets the dirt and grime off very effortless
Joe K.
Maineville, OH
Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?
Lacey C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊
Tiffany W.
Simpsonville, SC
Be honest does anyone else use this for bubble bath
Calyx D.
Oakdale, CA
Is there a bigger size?
Danielle S.
Midwest City, OK
What is everyone's favorite scent of Dawn?