BY DAWN #1 in Dish Soap

• What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊117 Answers
Reviews (11900)
Gladys R.
Georgetown, SC
Dawn is the one and only detergent that I will use. I was brought up in a household that only purchased Dawn and it has been instilled in me to do the same. My mom always made sure she purchased the one with antibacterial included. I love Dawn and would not imagine using any other detergent to clean my dishes with. The various smells that they are coming out with are awesome. I really enjoy using the one with soaking powers and one that has bleach in it as well. Dawn your the best, thanks for making my dish washing chores enjoyable
Sherrie L.
Wichita, KS
This is a great product. I like the fact that it makes doing dishes by hand so much easier. I love how it really cuts the grease better than product I've used.
I've had to use it on animals that got into to grease. Not only did i feel safe in using it on them, but it was safe.
Not only have i used it on dishes and pets, but I've also used it as a degreaser on clothes. It worked great.
So it also saved me money from buying other products.
I would rate this as a five star product and one that every house hold should keep stocked.
Kellie P.
Cincinnati, OH
I only use Dawn. I have tried the cheaper brands and let me tell you, you get what you paid for...garbage! Those other brands leave a film and grimy residue while Dawn truly cleans your dishes and other things in your house. Next time you are at the store and see the other stuff and its cheaper, spend that extra pennies and buy the product that will clean your dishes right the first time!
Jennifer B.
Auburn, NY
I don't ever waste my money on other soap! I've tried a few brands and none ever compare to Dawn. Other brands may be cheaper, but they won't cut through grease nearly as well as Dawn.

It's concentrated, so you only need a bit. With other brands you'll need a lot more to do the same amount of dishes.

I always buy the blue colored one- the original scent- but I know the green colored one- the apple scent- smells awesome.

I have sensitive skin, by the way, and have never had a reaction to Dawn.

I highly recommend this soap.
Felicia B.
Utica, NY
I love Dawn, it's literally the ONLY dish soap I use. I will go to every store that's local to get it before I'd even consider buying another brand. I've NEVER had a issue with Dawn. It's sensitive enough that it doesn't hurt my hands, but strong enough that it fights right through the grease and everything on dishes. My father who loves to play around with grease and nasty stuff on vehicles and come in looking more greasy black than anything uses Dawn to wash up and it all comes right off - even normal washing soap doesn't do that!
Gen J.
Good stuff. Gets the job done. We often buy this dish soap over others. Also, don't know if this is worth mentioning but we sometime use this to bathe our dogs when we are out of dog shampoo or when one of them has seemed to pick up fleas. Read somewhere that it was effective for that and it's true! Doesn't irritate them at all either! So yeah it's good dish soap AND dog shampoo LOL
Diana A.
Sacramento, CA
Dawn is, hands down, the BEST dish soap on the market. I use it, my mom uses it, my grandma used it, too. Over the years, I have tried other dish washing liquids (Joy, Palmolive, various store brands and "specialty" brands), but I was always disappointed and switched back before even finishing a bottle. Dawn is the best at cutting grease and dishes dry with no spots. I also use Dawn for many other things - giving the dog a bath, washing my car, spot cleaning rugs, upholstery, and food stains on clothes, etc. There is nothing in my utility closet that is more versatile.
Vanessa E.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
i have like a love hate relationship with this soap evendo it smells bomb and it does its job because it cleans the dishes and it makes your hands smell bomb and even leaves them softer than other soaps i hate it because i feel like i'm using shampoo on my dishes i really don't like to taste perfume on my food and that's what happens if you berly washed dishes and they haven't dried
Michelle F.
Corsicana, TX
I am real picky about dish detergent and never buy anything but Dawn and 90% of the time it is the original scent with some variation of the concentration and sometimes the power bleach alternative. Sometimes and especially if my hands are in bad shape I will buy the hand saving one but I do this because Dawn has always been what I repurchase again and again. I have tried them all and used to buy Joy when I first married and became a mother but it has become more difficult to find and Dawn just always works. Greasy dishes, Dawn cleans them. Dirty, crusty dishes, Dawn cleans that too. the only ones I do NOT buy is the frilly smelling ones. Those just don't seem to work as well even though they really do smell good.
Melanie M.
Raleigh, NC
Dawn is a trusted and wonderful product that easily cleans hard to clean dishes including pots and pans. This is a go to product for me as it is a great price and provides wonderful quality. Not only that but it is one of the only products that doesn't leave my dry skin feeling even dryer after using it. You also have the ability to change up the scent of this product if you ever decide that you are getting bored with choosing the same product. I would 100% suggest this product to others due to its reliability and cleaning power.
Joe K.
Maineville, OH
Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?
Lacey C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊
Tiffany W.
Simpsonville, SC
Be honest does anyone else use this for bubble bath
Calyx D.
Oakdale, CA
Is there a bigger size?
Danielle S.
Midwest City, OK
What is everyone's favorite scent of Dawn?