BY DAWN #1 in Dish Soap

• Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?156 Answers
  • What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊116 Answers
Buy on Target*
Kindra M.
I've been using Dawn for the past year now and I love it! I feel like it gets everything really clean and it's super soapy, which makes me feel like my dishes are getting clean. They also have different scents which gives you variety! However I don't like that it's so expensive compared to other dish soaps. Which is why it gets 4 stars instead of five. I once tried to use a generic brand of dish soap and it was bad and I fellt like it did not work as well. so for the price that you pay you're definitely getting quality dish soap. Plus you don't need a large amount of soap to do the dishes.
Liya S.
Brooklyn, NY
This is my holy grail liquid dish soap and I buy it in bulk at my local BJs and it gets the job done. A little product goes a long way. It leaves my dishes looking and smelling clean. In addition, when I run out of shampoo to wash my dogs I use this product. It is safe to use on animals and was actually recommended to us by the adoption counselor when we were adopting our pup. We recently had an emergency at my parents house where I had to quickly bathe my pup and luckily they had Dawn dish soap and I was able to wash him. This product works great on dishes and animals, highly recommend!
Celisa S.
Bennington, VT
Ahhh Dawn! I have so many memories associated with this dish liquid, which might seem odd, but it isn't! My father always used this dish liquid no matter what, so the smell brings me back to when I would go visit him and was tasked with taking care of the dishes. Now that I'm older, I use this dish liquid because of the fond memories, but also, because it is a quality dish-liquid that's been around for a long time! It is also useful for other purposes as well, and I think about the animals that are bathed in Dawn - in particular, animals that are affected by oil spills etc.
Noelle M.
Joliet, IL
When I think of dish soap, Dawn is the first thing that comes to mind. I use it for so many things other than washing dishes, I even wash my makeup brush in it occasionally. It does an excellent job of eating up grease, especially in pans after I've fried anything. Great for washing yuck off of your hands after you've worked on anything greasy. I purchase mine at the Dollar Tree for $1, it's a small sized bottle, but it lasts me a couple of months, even though sometimes I get carried away and squirt too much out on pots and pans that need to soak.
Candous D.
Salem, MO
Only dish soap there is worth buying! This is all we used when I was little and still it's what I use today as an adult in my household. It works wonders on getting grease off my husbands hands from tinkering with vehicles or four wheelers. And it helps get stains out of clothes especially jeans. And add a few drops of this in a bottle of water mixed with some vinegar and it's awesome for a shower cleaner. Another thing is it great for is fleas! U can wash ur animals with this to kill fleas especially baby ones who are to small for flea shampoo.
Michelle B.
Huntington Beach, CA
A classic for a reason. This makes hand washing dishes (which we do) a breeze. It is concentrated, so you only need a little bit. Cuts through grease easily. Also good or removing crusted on stuff (melted cheese on a pan, sauce...). We've been using this 20 years and will keep on. I also like to support this company & product because they donate this to use in rescuing ocean birds who are suffering when there is an oil spill.

Tip: I combine this with baking soda to clean bathtubs and sinks and it is awesome (and super budget friendly!). Love.
Kimmy S.
Alpena
If I want grease gone, I use Dawn! This is my #1 choice for cutting grease, you use a small drop and a little goes a long way and I also use this product for more than just dishes. It's got multiple uses. I use this when my hair gets oily and use it on my dogs when they get fleas, perfect for your husband's hands after working in the garage!! It's affordable so if you use it for multiple reasons your not out tons of money. The fragrance could be better but with how great this works...I can look past the fact it doesn't have a fun smell.
Gisela O.
Indio, CA
This is my favorite dishwashing soap! I love the scent and it just get rid of food and grease so effortlessly! There are no streaks or residue left behind which I love! I also use this to clean my makeup brushes! I mix it with a little bit of coconut oil and rubbing alcohol and it leaves them like new! Better than all hair brush cleaners/soaps out in the market. So easy to take off foundation with his! It really is tough on stains but still very gentle on your hands! I love his so much! I buy the huge bottle at Sams Club for like $6-7.
Maddy M.
Long Beach, CA
There's something about Dawn dish soap that puts my mind at ease when using. I remember the commercials when the oil spill happened, I purchased so many bottles (call me a sucker, but I believe I helped out!) I love the original smell and how soft my hands feel when using. I also use it to wash my makeup brushes, I mix a little with olive oil and my brushes get a great clean and the bristles are just as soft as when I bought them! This also cuts the grease off my dirty dishes so effortlessly (it's intended purpose). Always recommend...
Sherrie L.
Wichita, KS
This is a great product. I like the fact that it makes doing dishes by hand so much easier. I love how it really cuts the grease better than product I've used.
I've had to use it on animals that got into to grease. Not only did i feel safe in using it on them, but it was safe.
Not only have i used it on dishes and pets, but I've also used it as a degreaser on clothes. It worked great.
So it also saved me money from buying other products.
I would rate this as a five star product and one that every house hold should keep stocked.
Joe K.
Maineville, OH
Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?
Lacey C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Mega Parent Expert
What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊
Tiffany W.
Simpsonville, SC
Be honest does anyone else use this for bubble bath
Calyx D.
Oakdale, CA
Is there a bigger size?
Danielle S.
Midwest City, OK
What is everyone's favorite scent of Dawn?