Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Has anyone tried Dawn for removing grease from clothing? I gotta tell you guys, I had popcorn butter all over a brand new pair of jeans and I scrubbed some original dawn into them and let them sit and the grease came out in the wash. Has anyone else tried this?
Jacy D.
Jacy D.
May 15, 2016, 12:08 p.m.
I use Dawn dish soap on stains all the time!
Breanna N.
Breanna N.
Feb. 23, 2016, 12:20 a.m.
I tried this 2 weeks on one of my t-shirts and the grease spot was gone. Google told me use baking soda along with it but I didn't. It still works either way!
Lydie D.
Lydie D.
Oct. 25, 2015, 7:52 p.m.
I'm going to have to try that. I didn't by this as a dish washing soap; I got this as a grease remover.
Melissa E.
Melissa E.
Sept. 2, 2015, 4:22 p.m.
Yes! It rocks!
Savannah O.
Savannah O.
Aug. 23, 2015, 11:46 a.m.
No I haven't but I definitely will from now on.
Aug. 15, 2015, 4:09 p.m.
Yes, Dawn is super good at removing grease. Anything oil based, actually....
July 14, 2015, 2:26 p.m.
Yes, that's a trick that my mom has been using for the last 25+ years. When messes happened, she would take out either the Dawn, the baking soda or the vinegar, depending on what it was. She could get just about anything out.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
July 14, 2015, 1:08 p.m.
No but I read about this. I'm now convinced that I can do most of my cleaning using Dawn, vinegar, baking soda and peroxide. (not all together)
Aleanndra N.
Aleanndra N.
June 23, 2015, 9:04 p.m.
Omg i am so gonna try that thank you!
Emma S.
Emma S.
June 21, 2015, 3:50 p.m.
Yeah I read to do this online and it worked great
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
June 16, 2015, 6:43 p.m.
Thanks. I have to try it,
Kisha Z.
Kisha Z.
Feb. 22, 2015, 2:17 a.m.
I have to try this! Thank you!!
Sharon C.
Sharon C.
March 31, 2014, 3:07 p.m.
Yes, I mix with baking soda and lemon juice and make a paste on many stains, especially grease!
Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.
March 6, 2014, 1:45 p.m.
No, I have never tried this, but it is a great laundry tip! Thank you.
Rebel B.
Rebel B.
Feb. 17, 2014, 6:46 p.m.
No never tried getting grease out of my clothes but thanks for sharing because I will be trying it on my clothes next
Cheyenne M.
Cheyenne M.
Jan. 22, 2014, 4:56 p.m.
Yes! Fantastic at fighting grease and grease stains.
Stefanie S.
Stefanie S.
Dec. 30, 2013, 12:06 p.m.
Yes it's a fantastic cleaner that way! Mix dawn with vinegar to remove grease stains from clothing or add a little baking soda to make an oven/bbq cleaning paste!
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:02 p.m.
Yes. I use it as a spot treatment before I launder clothing that has grease stains. It works really well.
Kristen P.
Kristen P.
Dec. 6, 2013, 11:44 p.m.
No, I have not, but I will certainly remember it for next time I find myself needing to get a stain out!
Bailey J.
Bailey J.
Nov. 3, 2013, 3:20 p.m.
Yes, it's fantastic!
Megan C.
Megan C.
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:20 a.m.
I have not tried using Dawn, but Palmolive originally is phenomenal for removing grease stains from clothing!
Megan H.
Megan H.
Sept. 25, 2013, 11:12 p.m.
Yes! I cloth diaper and we use Dawn if someone accidentally puts a petroleum based cream on our diapers to remove the grease.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
July 24, 2013, 12:59 a.m.
I have and it works wonders. Just make sure the item has not been washed and dried already. I like to put it on the edge of my bras, my skin is on the greasy side and it works wonders.
Cossie J.
Cossie J.
July 16, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
My boyfriend actually taught me this. He uses it for almost every hard to remove stain that we get in our clothes. I was shocked it worked that well for stains. You know the papa johns garlic butter....it worked on that...I had dripped it down a white shirt and he got every bit of it out with Dawn!
Angela P.
Angela P.
July 4, 2013, 11:16 a.m.
I have. My husband used it one night when it was late and needed to wash a load. He decided to use dish soap. Let's just say even having detergent he elects to use my dish soap. He said they come out cleaner and brighter. I followed his lead, I tend to apply it to areas of stains on my kids clothes and they always come out.
Larissa M.
Larissa M.
June 27, 2013, 9:13 p.m.
I used it to remove lip stick from the inside of mypurse. and it worked great. also used it to remove pet stains and smells.
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
June 25, 2013, 6:25 p.m.
No but i definitely will. that makes sense. nothing to lose.

Join Now