Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Has anyone tried Dawn for removing grease from clothing? I gotta tell you guys, I had popcorn butter all over a brand new pair of jeans and I scrubbed some original dawn into them and let them sit and the grease came out in the wash. Has anyone else tried this?
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Tucson, AZ
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Blue Dawn is my #1 laundry stain fighter! Gets the grease & dirt every time!
Jacy D.
Jacy D.
Posen, MI
1 year, 4 months ago
I use Dawn dish soap on stains all the time!
Breanna N.
Breanna N.
1 year, 7 months ago
I tried this 2 weeks on one of my t-shirts and the grease spot was gone. Google told me use baking soda along with it but I didn't. It still works either way!
Lydie D.
Lydie D.
Orleans, Ontario
1 year, 11 months ago
I'm going to have to try that. I didn't by this as a dish washing soap; I got this as a grease remover.
Melissa E.
Melissa E.
Anoka, MN
2 years ago
Yes! It rocks!
Savannah O.
Savannah O.
2 years ago
No I haven't but I definitely will from now on.
2 years, 1 month ago
Yes, Dawn is super good at removing grease. Anything oil based, actually....
2 years, 2 months ago
Yes, that's a trick that my mom has been using for the last 25+ years. When messes happened, she would take out either the Dawn, the baking soda or the vinegar, depending on what it was. She could get just about anything out.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
2 years, 2 months ago
No but I read about this. I'm now convinced that I can do most of my cleaning using Dawn, vinegar, baking soda and peroxide. (not all together)
Aleanndra N.
Aleanndra N.
Bossier City, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Omg i am so gonna try that thank you!
Emma S.
Emma S.
Columbia, MO
2 years, 3 months ago
Yeah I read to do this online and it worked great
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Simi Valley, CA
2 years, 3 months ago
Thanks. I have to try it,
Kisha Z.
Kisha Z.
2 years, 7 months ago
I have to try this! Thank you!!
Sharon C.
Sharon C.
Antioch, TN
3 years, 5 months ago
Yes, I mix with baking soda and lemon juice and make a paste on many stains, especially grease!
Jasmine S.
Jasmine S.
Naselle, WA
3 years, 6 months ago
No, I have never tried this, but it is a great laundry tip! Thank you.
Rebel B.
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
3 years, 7 months ago
No never tried getting grease out of my clothes but thanks for sharing because I will be trying it on my clothes next
Cheyenne M.
Cheyenne M.
Maryville, TN
3 years, 8 months ago
Yes! Fantastic at fighting grease and grease stains.
Stefanie S.
Stefanie S.
Dahlonega, GA
3 years, 8 months ago
Yes it's a fantastic cleaner that way! Mix dawn with vinegar to remove grease stains from clothing or add a little baking soda to make an oven/bbq cleaning paste!
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Centerville, IA
3 years, 9 months ago
Yes. I use it as a spot treatment before I launder clothing that has grease stains. It works really well.
Kristen P.
Kristen P.
Boerne, TX
3 years, 9 months ago
No, I have not, but I will certainly remember it for next time I find myself needing to get a stain out!
Bailey J.
Bailey J.
3 years, 10 months ago
Yes, it's fantastic!
Megan C.
Megan C.
Elbow Lake, MN
3 years, 11 months ago
I have not tried using Dawn, but Palmolive originally is phenomenal for removing grease stains from clothing!
Megan H.
Megan H.
Bradley, IL
3 years, 12 months ago
Yes! I cloth diaper and we use Dawn if someone accidentally puts a petroleum based cream on our diapers to remove the grease.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Riverton, UT
4 years, 1 month ago
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I have and it works wonders. Just make sure the item has not been washed and dried already. I like to put it on the edge of my bras, my skin is on the greasy side and it works wonders.
Cossie J.
Cossie J.
Bardstown, KY
4 years, 2 months ago
My boyfriend actually taught me this. He uses it for almost every hard to remove stain that we get in our clothes. I was shocked it worked that well for stains. You know the papa johns garlic butter....it worked on that...I had dripped it down a white shirt and he got every bit of it out with Dawn!
Angela P.
Angela P.
Mission, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
I have. My husband used it one night when it was late and needed to wash a load. He decided to use dish soap. Let's just say even having detergent he elects to use my dish soap. He said they come out cleaner and brighter. I followed his lead, I tend to apply it to areas of stains on my kids clothes and they always come out.
Larissa M.
Larissa M.
Cpe Girardeau, MO
4 years, 2 months ago
I used it to remove lip stick from the inside of mypurse. and it worked great. also used it to remove pet stains and smells.
Courtney P.
Courtney P.
4 years, 2 months ago
No but i definitely will. that makes sense. nothing to lose.