BY DAWN #1 in Dish Soap

• Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?156 Answers
  • What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊116 Answers
Aggie R.
Palm Bay, FL
I love this detergent because of its super cleaning power. I also use it as a pretreatment on clothing or even a stain remover. It does wonders. A little goes a long way. The only reason I took one star away was that it can seriousely be dangerous if ingested! How do I know? I'm glad you asked! I had a drinking bottle full of water when my 4 y/o son decided to "help me wash it " when I wasn't looking. Since the water bottle was blue in color I didn't see the color change. Not knowing my son put dawn in to my bottle, I proceeded to take a big chug of water out of the bottle. I spat whatever I could but a lot of it did make it down the pipe. The burn I experienced I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. I thought my throat and esophagus were on fire and began to vomit uncontrollably (which was probably a good thing at this point). I couldn't get enough of water to flush it out and it think it just made it worse. I cried for my husband to grab some milk and that finally calmed things a bit but then my tail end paid for it since I'm lactose intolerant...lmbo!
Conclusion: Great product, just deadly if ingested lol
Erica S.
the only dish detergent my family and I use. Everyone in my family for as long as I can remember has been using Dawn exclusively. It's cleaning power is in a league of its own, above the rest and no other dish soap can compare or even come close. It saves you money too because usually 1 squirt does the whole job. I've been to other people's homes & washed dishes with the dish soap they had, that was not Dawn & not only did I have to keep adding more dish soap to the sponge, but unlike Dawn those other soaps did not create much of a later, let alone have the cleaning power. I would be scrubbing forever and my hands would become very dry & in the end the stuff I just "washed" wouldn't even look clean, let alone be that clean. With Dawn I know my dishes will be sparkly clean easily without having to scrub my brains out or let a pan sit overnight to soak. Also my dishes & sponge won't smell musty like cheaper soap brands can do. Dawn leaves no residue.
Stacy F.
Ocean City, MD
Some corners can't be cut!! I love a great deal on anything as much as the next person but when it comes to dishwashing soap, Dawn original is my ONLY option. I have used them all, tried inexpensive, sale, coupons trying all the others , using 3 or 4 times the product and still not getting it as clean. You don't save anything when your using 10Xs the product for one cleaning of a pan. Dawn is the only one that truly cuts through the grease and cleans the dishes, pots and pans that must be hand washed and smells great too. The really awesome thing as well is I also use this in my DIY cleaners or for my walls, floors etc and a little with HOT water has cleaned areas I have spent a lot of $$ on trying to get something clean. I would not use anything else and know you will see the difference if you give it a try. #cleananythingw/DAWN.
Claudia M.
I have used Dawn for quite a few years now and I have never been disappointed in it's grease cleaning ability. After initially trying many other varieties of dish soaps, I can absolutely confirm that this is the BEST soap around. My sister does not like the fragrance in it but I find this soap to have a delightful scent. And now they also make other scents for this soap. I, personally, will never use any other dish soap for the rest of my life but I have to admit that for some people, it really can remove the oils from the hands as well as the dirty dishes. This also bothers my sister but I think her hands are delicate because she does not do any hard physical labor with her hands so her hand skin is susceptible to any product that works as well as dawn does. I highly recommend this soap to every one. It's fantastic!
Michelle F.
Corsicana, TX
I am real picky about dish detergent and never buy anything but Dawn and 90% of the time it is the original scent with some variation of the concentration and sometimes the power bleach alternative. Sometimes and especially if my hands are in bad shape I will buy the hand saving one but I do this because Dawn has always been what I repurchase again and again. I have tried them all and used to buy Joy when I first married and became a mother but it has become more difficult to find and Dawn just always works. Greasy dishes, Dawn cleans them. Dirty, crusty dishes, Dawn cleans that too. the only ones I do NOT buy is the frilly smelling ones. Those just don't seem to work as well even though they really do smell good.
Garrett
I don't know what P&G was thinking when they changed the formula on their dish soaps, but whatever they did (perhaps remove phosphates?) causes brand new sponges to smell mildewy and metallic. If your rags/sponges stink it's probably due to Dawn, Gain, etc. My wife hates Dawn (and now Gain) with a passion. I now just use the remaining soap to get rid of grease in pans - immediately dumping down the drain and rinsing before it gets in the sponge. Google "Dawn dish soap stinks" and you'll find a few websites where people have the same problem. It is NOT due to having "dirty" sponges. I've bleached sponges and rinsed them religiously - the smell keeps coming back after using the soap.
Marisol G.
Ringgold , La
When it comes to washing my dishes I must use Dawn, the reason I use this dishwashing liquid over other brands is because it has work fine and it last a long time compared to other brands, a little goes a long way, I like to purchase the bigger size that you find at your local Walmart or target, I think it's cheaper to buy the bigger version and it last much longer as I stated before, it removed the grease on plastic and glass easily. I like that they also have different scents or some that are delicate on your hands, I usually stick to the original formula unless this one is not available at the store, I highly recommend this product, it does the job, shiny and clean dishes.
Kristy B.
Corryton , TN
I have used this original formula for as long as I can remember! It is the best dish liquid for the average home of dishes. It makes my dishes clean, and sparkly without any of the extra stuff. I've found that Dawn's scented dish liquid do not have the suds or cleaning power. The scented ones in my opinion, focus more on the smell! I also use the one else in the grey bottle for anything that needs to soak! It'll remove stuck on food in 5 minutes!! The original format is also good for a ton of other things. Including killing fleas from animals, stains on laundry, and so much more. It is safe for animals, what else could you ask for!!
Alleigh H.
Oklahoma City, OK
I have used nothing but Dawn dish soap my entire life. My mom used it and now I use it. A little goes a long way unlike other dish soaps that run out of your sponge like water. This is a hard working soap that can clean almost anything (not just dishes). I had a black grease stain from my car on my dress shirt and used dawn soap and an old toothbrush to get it out; worked like a charm. I also use this soap to clean my shower/bathtub; it cuts right through the soapscum and grime better than any tub cleaner and scrubbing bubble product. Basically if you have a greasy or oily mess this stuff will clean it with ease.
Sharon V.
Palmdale, CA
This stuff is great!!! You can use it basically on anything and everything. I use it on dishes, bathing the dogs, cleaning the stove, and stains on clothing. To put on clothes I just add some to a sprayer with water and spray away on the stains to pre treat. It great on getting oil stains of clothes. If you have old armpit stains pour some on with a sprinkle of baking soda and throw in the wash it does wonders. For the dogs I use this especially when it's flea and tick season something about this soap the fleas and ticks hate it. Yet it's still gently enough on the dogs to no dry out their skin,
Joe K.
Maineville, OH
Does this product work better than a cheaper brand?
Lacey C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
Mega Parent Expert
What are some things you use Dawn on other than the dishes ?😊
Tiffany W.
Simpsonville, SC
Be honest does anyone else use this for bubble bath
Calyx D.
Oakdale, CA
Is there a bigger size?
Danielle S.
Midwest City, OK
What is everyone's favorite scent of Dawn?