Davines® MELU Shampoo

by Davines

For long or brittle hair. Creamy and foamy, MELU gently cleanses and moisturizes hair with lentil seed extract, improving its elasticity and preventing breakage.Hair is fortified, hydrated and protected from breakage. Lentil Seeds: sourced from the farm of Mr. Francesco Di Gesu in Villablba, Caltanissetta, Italy as part of Slow Food Presidium. Lentils are rich in serine and glutamic acid, two strongly reparative and nourishing amino acids which protect and rebuild fragile hair.

WATER, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYL ISETHIONATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOINATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, PHENETHYL BENZOATE, PANTHENOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERYL OLEATE, FRAGRANCE, GYCOL DISTERATE, SODIUM METHYL 2-SULFOLAURATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, LAURYL ALCOHOL, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, AMODIMETHICONE/SILSEQUIXANE COPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLNEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, DISODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM 2-SULFOLAURATE, LINALOOL, CITRIC ACID, TRIDECETH-5, HEXYL CINNAMAL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, LENS ESCULENTA (LENTIL) SEED EXTRACT, SODIUM CHLORIDE, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, CI 61570 / GREEN 5, C1 19140 / YELLOW 5.

How good is this?!?
Does this leave hair feeling greasy?
Start your review of Davines® MELU Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
If you have longer hair or if you have processed hair this is a great shampoo because it’s made to help repair your hair but still be gentle and not too healthy. This specific shampoo has a silicone which is geared to help replace the ions that are lost in your hair via hair damage / stress. A great choice when many reparative products are overly heavy on hair.
Atlanta, GA
Awesome company and awesome shampoo for processed hair and those looking to keep long hair strong and healthy. A little bit goes a long way. Packaging is biodegradable. The ingredients are ethically sourced and organic. The price is great given how wonderful it is and how far it stretches. It has a pretty strong scent but it’s lovely so I don’t mind one bit.
Helena, MT
My favorite of the Davines shampoos. Smells pretty and is very moisturizing for course/wavy hair. I’m not a fan of the coordinating conditioner simply because the “Tupperware” packaging is terribly inconvenient. I would purchase this shampoo again and recommend it to those looking for a high quality moisturizing shampoo.
Show Low, AZ
I don’t love the conditioner of this same formula, but this shampoo suds easily and leaves my hair feeling very clean. It also smells fresh and not overpowering. The only complaint I have, is after a few uses, it seems to leave a slight residue on my hair. It isn’t a probably when I am alternating shampoos though.
Brooklyn, NY
For the excessive price tag, I was expecting high end results. Eh. Nothing better than basic drug store stuff. Seemed to build up on my hair too, which I have very fine and dry hair, and it’s really hard for stuff to get to a noticeable level of buildup. This did. Glad I got a small size. Not a repurchase.
Thornton , CO
This shampoo truly helps you grow your hair. If you color your hair and struggle with split ends or breakage, this line will totally help you get past that! Follow the instructions on the bottle for the best results. It’s also super concentrated so it lasts much longer than most other salon brands.
Spruce Pine , NC
My hair feels great but not enough to justify the price difference from that of more affordable brands. It has a very different scent but its not a bad scent. Works but not so great that I would pay for this for everyday use. I received this as a sample in a Birchbox.
Woodbridge, VA
I’m just not a fan! I’ve used many of Davine’s products and been happy with them but I’m not big on their shampoos... not enough suds in my personal opinion. I have to do multiple washes in order to feel like my hair is clean. Their conditioners are bomb though!
Columbus, OH
I love this product. It’s the first salon-level shampoo I’ve used. It has a fresh, natural scent, but it doesn’t linger long. It’s intended for long hair or damaged hair, but I use it on my medium-length, healthy hair and it keeps it hydrated, but clean. I recommend this product
San Dimas, CA
Purchased at: Davines USA
I've been doing hair for 8 years now, and Davines is one of those product lines that you can never go wrong with. Great for sensitive scalps like mine that get dry or itchy. This one has a mellow scent that is not overbearing. Keeps hair in great condition.