Carolyn S.
Carolyn S.

How is customer service? Anyone have a not so good experience? Also how fast are they to scheduling appointments?
Andrea D.
Andrea D.
July 7, 2016, 11:27 p.m.
The customer service will vary by store. I walked right in with a friend for prom dresses and they were just as adorable as any other shop.
Abby W.
Abby W.
June 9, 2016, 4:52 p.m.
I had a bad experience. I scheduled an appointment, arrived on time and had to wait for my consultant. She has another bride and rushed me. I was limited to the number of dresses I could try on. I felt like a number and not a person that day. I did end up getting my dress there because it was beautiful and in my budget but I did not deal with DB any further after that.
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
Dec. 27, 2015, 8:57 p.m.
It all depends on which one you go to, honestly. one in Raleigh, NC was decent. nice people but the way they do things. .. I wouldn't give them 5 stars.
Amanda D.
Amanda D.
June 11, 2015, 2:06 a.m.
I walked right in with no appointment and was able to try on dresses right away. As for customer service they didn't like that I only wanted to try on one style that they had.
Melina L.
Melina L.
Nov. 23, 2013, 12:07 a.m.
Appt. scheduling is pretty quick.. when we were looking for bridesmaids' dresses we happened to just walk in one and were helped out without appt. but I think that also depends on whether is "wedding season" as to whether they would do that. Customer experience was pretty good. the lady was fun and helpful. We didn't feel rushed or anything of that sort. Be sure to schedule appt. pretty early because if your dress needs alterations it's about 12 weeks' worth of wait for alteration to come back.
Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.
Nov. 11, 2013, 11:34 a.m.
I never made an appointment. I just walked in. LOL. I think wtih the appointments they only actually schedule like 30-45 mins with you. I think people are so caught up with shows like Say Yes To The Dress, that they think they will have a personal experience like that at Davids Bridal - when it isn't like that unless you go to a high end store such as the ones on SYTTD.
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
Sept. 11, 2013, 4:19 p.m.
Well...everyone has been very nice to me there, but the assistant we had was not knowledgeable about colors and it caused a mistake in our order because of that. Also, we walked right in and didn't even need an appointment!
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Sept. 10, 2013, 4:31 p.m.
I've always had amazing service at the DB shops here in Iowa AND they have taken me several times without an apt for bridesmaid dresses... For bridal we've always gotten in with as little as a days notice.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Aug. 28, 2013, 5:55 p.m.
Their customer service is terrible. The only reason to go to DB is if their are no other bridal shops within a 200 mile radius.....&yes, it would be worth the 200 mile trip to get better service!
Aida G.
Aida G.
Aug. 26, 2013, 9:01 p.m.
I was treated very nice didn't need an appt
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
Aug. 26, 2013, 11:06 a.m.
I have NEVER had good customer service there, even in multiple locations. I was ONLY a bridesmaid, but I was buying a gown that was more expensive than some of their wedding gowns and all of the brides around me were left to fend for themselves (ie: brides carrying multiple gowns over their shoulder around the store and then search for a dressing room on their own). They are pretty good about scheduling appointments promptly, however, once you show up...you are assigned to a consultant who is helping 5-6 other people at the same time. I was lucky to even find my consultant again. If you are on a budget, I recommend going here, but if you are able and willing to spend more, definitely do it. You get what you pay for.
Crystal M.
Crystal M.
July 14, 2013, 7:57 p.m.
I worked in a family owned bridal store and we heard a LOT of complaints about David's Bridal not giving you enough time. The employees are instructed to schedule you for one hour - when your time is up they have to move on, whether you are done or not!! The sales people can be very pushy and may convince you to buy something that is not what you want, or look good in. If you're ok with that to save some money - then go for it.
Victoria I.
Victoria I.
July 2, 2013, 8:36 p.m.
The customer service is exceptional. I have always been treated very nicely even being a bridesmaid lol.
Kate D.
Kate D.
June 1, 2013, 1:52 a.m.
I had a pretty good experience. The consultant I had was very sweet and helped me find the perfect dress. They definitely were a little pushy on the accessories but, thankfully, my mother was with me because she has no problem saying no to people. She successfully turned down all of the accessories and paid for just the dress. I scheduled my appointment online a few weeks ahead of time with no problem.
Liz W.
Liz W.
May 29, 2013, 10:18 p.m.
Horrible customer service. I felt rushed and didn't get to try on very many different styles.
Crystal S.
Crystal S.
May 28, 2013, 9:26 p.m.
I had a great experience! My consultant was more than I expected. She made me feel like such a princess. She made it all about me. Never did she push anything on me. I told her what I wanted and liked and she did everything in her power to help me. She made me really enjoy my trip and I totally recommend going there!
Toya C.
Toya C.
May 22, 2013, 4:06 p.m.
The schedule the appointment quickly. You get there and its you and EVERYBODY else. To the point that I questioned even having an appointment. The customer service is crappy because the staff is slammed with brides and prom girls. They have been terrible for me. They didn't enter my bmaids dressess in accurately just a hot mess.
Alexandra O.
Alexandra O.
May 14, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
If you would like to feel special and purchase a dress that you Love. Go somewhere else. The salespeople are pushy and feel that what you want is "silly". I wish I had not gone to David's Bridal at all!
Janae C.
Janae C.
May 5, 2013, 2:10 p.m.
I went to DB, first time trying on dresses and I didn't know what I wanted or what I looked good in. I told her price range and just to pull what you think i would look good. When I told the lady that she seemed annoyed and bothered. I also told her before she went off that I have super sensitive skin, and can't have lace or any sequins close to my armpit area or else i will be itchy and turn bright red. She comes back with all dresses that are fully sequined and laced at the top. I felt rushed to buy a dress then, I told her ill be back....I never came back. I think they just want their paycheck. So I went to my local bridal shop, they listened to me. She told me that, why did you go to David's bridal? They're the wal-mart of bridal gowns. I had a good laugh. I found my gown that day and didn't feel rushed.
Danielle R.
Danielle R.
April 21, 2013, 8:03 a.m.
I had a great experience. I set up my appointment, even had to change it because of work, I was there for hours finding my dress and left with one! Everyone was so helpful. My bridesmaids even left with their dresses!
Adrian T.
Adrian T.
April 16, 2013, 5:17 a.m.
It always really depends on which one you go to and what customer service/sales agent you get. they schedule pretty quickly and even on occasion do walk-ins if its not a weekend or such. I've never had an issue when I've gone in for any reason.
Lila A.
Lila A.
April 10, 2013, 5:47 p.m.
Customer service is ehh. They had the attitude of a fine luxurious boutique but with low quality dresses
Pamela D.
Pamela D.
April 6, 2013, 8:35 p.m.
I had a terrible experience with them. I showed them the styles I wanted and they had nothing in my size. I was treated like an inconvenience.
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
March 21, 2013, 7:11 p.m.
I have mixed feelings about this place. Appointments? Yeah they got me in same day as long as I called ahead and told them I wanted to come in. However, when they found out I purchased my wedding dress from another store, they were insistent on seeing my dress (to which they made faces and rolled their eyes) and their attention to my wedding became sparse at best. I find their attitudes incredibly rude considering my bridesmaids dresses, mothers dresses for both moms, flower girl dress, and several accessories are coming from there. They act put out when I come in now and mostly only give my girls the bare minimum of attention. One attendant convinced my matron of honor to order a dress too big and proceeded recommend their alteration department. I very firmly had them exchange the dress for the proper size. I would honestly take my business elsewhere if it weren't for them having the bridesmaids dress I really want.
Leandra C.
Leandra C.
March 18, 2013, 1:36 p.m.
I went without an appointment and was asked to come back in 2 hours, it was manageable... however I felt as if I was rushed and wasn't as important because I didn't plan on buying that day.
Anna C.
Anna C.
March 6, 2013, 5:44 p.m.
I went with my sister to help her pick out her dress as her MOH. Although we were able to be helped pretty quick the sales associate that was helping us was very pushy and kept trying to get my sister to buy a dress she did not want and to get a credit card to buy what ever she wanted. To me telling a 21 year get a credit card and get whatever worry about the bill later was bad advice.
Desiree D.
Desiree D.
March 3, 2013, 2:52 p.m.
I had a wonderful experience. I made an appointment online. It was super simple. When I went I was the only customer for my consultant. I know sometimes they have to help more than one person but that was not the case for me. If you don't make an appointment and just go in you are basically on your own so definitely make an appointment. My consultant was super nice and very helpful. She pulled the dresses I pinned online and after trying those on I didn't like them. I asked her to pick something that she thought would look nice. She came back with some dresses but the first one I tried was it. I had such a nice time. Exactly what you would expect when shopping for your wedding dress :)
Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.
Feb. 12, 2013, 4:49 p.m.
I had a bad experience. We were looking for junior bridesmaid dresses (the girls were between 8-10) too big for most flower girl dresses but not big enough for bridesmaid dresses. We did a lot on our own, very little help from the staff at David's Bridal. If you know what you want and what sizes you need then your fine, if you're looking for a personalized shopping experience try a small local store rather than a large chain.
Rox C.
Rox C.
Jan. 23, 2013, 11:46 a.m.
I found that at David's Bridal it was more about the sale than anything. In my opinion you're better off going to a small boutique rather than a chain to find your dress for your big day. Boutiques made it a special day whereas David's felt pushy and rushed.
Danielle K.
Danielle K.
Jan. 15, 2013, 4:20 p.m.
I had a great experience at David's Bridal. It seems that every location is different. I had a consultant how showed me the run-down of the store and let me do my own thing when I wanted. I'm not the type that needs their full attention, thats kind of awkward for me, but my consultant was there whenever I needed help getting in or out of a dress, giving me some shoes to try on to get a better idea of what I'd look like, or bringing dresses in my size.
Meg B.
Meg B.
Jan. 15, 2013, 11:13 a.m.
I had a horrible experience at a David's Bridal. I look young (I am 22) and went in planning on trying on dresses with my fiance. As soon as I walked in the ladies told me that the prom dresses were over in the corner and that I couldn't take pictures... I was so offended that I just walked over to the wedding dresses without them. I will never go back to another David's Bridal, I'll stick to independently own companies!
Sierra W.
Sierra W.
Jan. 15, 2013, 4:18 a.m.
I had a great experience! I didn't even have to schedule an appointment. I walked in to browse and they saw me right then and there. But I'm sure that depends on where you live and timing.
Katie B.
Katie B.
Jan. 8, 2013, 12:20 p.m.
I was given the run around about changing the neckline on my dress and was finally told that there was a miscommunication--that the neckline of my dress could definitely be changed, but not at their store. I was definitely told that I could have it done in the store when I bought the dress! Not very happy!
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Jan. 6, 2013, 12:05 p.m.
I had a good experience. At a point there was a budget and she kept bringing me plan dresses and I wanted a little more. My sister went out and found my dress. Other than that it was all about me and she made me feel like a princess
Michelle N.
Michelle N.
Dec. 29, 2012, 8:17 p.m.
Excellent and super helpful around here! They even offered complimentary champagne!
Heather C.
Heather C.
Dec. 28, 2012, 7:26 a.m.
They are great when your buying a dress!! and there selection is great!! They are also personable and very into helping you find a great style that makes you feel pretty BUT the alteration dept SUCKS...they said they would have my dress on one day i get there to try it on and pay..alterations are WRONG!! so i have to have it fixed (took out a little more) and i finally get there 2 days before the wedding with all the delays and ITS STILL TO SMALL....but big enough to where i can squeeze in..i was just tired of all the runaround and the wedding was in two days!!!
Stephanie V.
Stephanie V.
Dec. 25, 2012, 11:40 a.m.
I know where i am from they are usually up to speed with customer service it ususally doesn't take long at all. and appointments are always available.
Jaime S.
Jaime S.
Dec. 19, 2012, 6:59 a.m.
I'm from PA and I've never had a GOOD experience at David's Bridal. Even without an appointment, they act as though you're not supposed to be there (they acted annoyed when I did have an appointment as well). My fiancé was with me and they were blatantly racist towards him as well.
Cristina F.
Cristina F.
Dec. 18, 2012, 12:34 p.m.
Terrible. I agree with the other woman who stated she felt like cattle being herded. I had to wait a long time between trying on dresses because they double booked. It was so impersonal. Not worth it at all. There are plenty of stores whose prices are reasonable. STAY AWAY!
Brittney J.
Brittney J.
Dec. 17, 2012, 4:45 p.m.
I felt like a cattle being herded though the store from one supposed must have bridal item to the next...it wasn't very personal at all...
Melissa J.
Melissa J.
Dec. 14, 2012, 10:13 a.m.
I didn't have bad customer service with them. Everyone was polite and nice but I really didn't like the choices in dresses they felt cheep.
Xiomara R.
Xiomara R.
Dec. 12, 2012, 8:44 a.m.
I got an appointment the next day.
Demarie H.
Demarie H.
Dec. 11, 2012, 3:52 p.m.
I would say good. The associate working with me really listened to what I wanted and my price range and brought me appropriate dresses to try on. However, she did not point out that the dress was too short (showing my feet), and I didn't realize it was a faux pas until getting home later. They didn't help me with it, but I found a place to report this on the website and they gave me a replacement dress in my own length.
Keyonna A.
Keyonna A.
Dec. 8, 2012, 10:43 p.m.
Customer service was amazing. Scheduling was quick.
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Dec. 6, 2012, 8:47 a.m.
I'm sure CS varies at each location but the one I went to, they were pushy and seemed to only care about the sell.
Ashley A.
Ashley A.
Dec. 5, 2012, 11:54 a.m.
I have found that Customer Service varies at each location. I had a pretty positive experience every time. If you schedule online you can pick your date if you are trying on dresses.
Olivia B.
Olivia B.
Dec. 4, 2012, 5:38 p.m.
I thought they were really good with customer service very nice and friendly.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Nov. 30, 2012, 6:59 a.m.
The customer service is friendly, but I found them to be too pushy on items I didn't want or need. Three different salespeople came up to me and asked the SAME question. When I went to David's Bridal, I didn't have a scheduled appointment. I was seen quickly (less than 20 minutes).
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Nov. 30, 2012, 6:45 a.m.
I think I depends when you go and what location you are going to, it can get a little busy around the winter/spring months because most people are preparing for summer weddings
Elizabeth r.
Elizabeth r.
Nov. 30, 2012, 2:36 a.m.
I had an alright time finding my wedding dress. The lady who helped us didn't even ask what I really wanted though, she seemed to have no interest in me or my purchase. I found my dress myself and then she was helpful at finding accessories. When I went to do alterations though I had some problems. The people doing the alterations barely spoke english, they wanted to charge me $400 to take it in at the top a little and were rude. I went to a local place where she did the alterations for $20!!! They were somewhat fast at scheduling appointments but Fridays and weekends were hard to get.
Kate W.
Kate W.
Nov. 28, 2012, 3:50 p.m.
Very pushy and were nice to me but not to the mothers or bridesmaids. Needless to say I got nothing from them for my wedding. I have experiences with David's from being in weddings though. They were fast with scheduling but often overbooked and were cranky. Honestly I would not recommend!
Allison M.
Allison M.
Nov. 28, 2012, 2:03 p.m.
We had no issues with them. Alterations are steep
Madelyn N.
Madelyn N.
Nov. 26, 2012, 1:54 p.m.
I had a fair experience.I thought they were really, really pushy with the sales...they were really trying hard to sell me a $60 hair clip, and they tried to make it like I wouldn't find shoes anywhere else in the world so I should just buy the overpriced ones at the store. As far as trying on dresses, though, my salesperson was pretty good. She was really quick with bringing dresses in my size, and the style that I was interested in. I was able to get an appointment a mere 2 days after I called, I thought that was pretty good.
Michelle B.
Michelle B.
Nov. 26, 2012, 9:46 a.m.
They are great with customer service! Each person is normally helping just you or you and a small number of other guests. They are very honest and just want to see you happy! All of my experiences with creating appointments has gone super smoothly!

Join Now