3 colors available

BY DAVID SEEDS

David Original Sunflower Seeds, 14.5 oz: All natural Kosher Roasted and salted Eat. Spit. Be happy.

• Anyone else use these to help stop biting their nails or just me? Y...3 Answers
  • Do you prefer the original or the flavored? David® Jumbo Original S...3 Answers
  • Does anyone else eat these by the handful until their lips get shri...4 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Amie B.
Amie B.
Redondo Beach, CA
Foodie Expert
If you are going to grab a bag of seeds, this is the brand you want to reach for. David Original Sunflower Seeds are a classic. They have the best crack/crunch when you pop it in your mouth. The best way to eat is to pour a small handful in your mouth. Then transfer the seeds to one cheek so you're looking like a lop-sided chipmunk. Then, one by one, transfer the seeds to your opposite side and crack that sucker open with your molars! Inside is the tastiest little salty seed you could ever want. Bonus points for pulling that little hard piece that's like a salt lick.

Best eaten while playing baseball/softball. Keep the bag of seeds in your back pocket so it's easily accessible to refill when your chipmunk cheek is empty. Whilst sitting in the dugout, one must have at least one elbow on your knee while resting your chin on your fist. This provides the perfect angle for spitting the seeds out on the dugout floor or onto the field when necessary.
Aerial P.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL
Foodie Expert
Absolutely "Out of the Park" for softball season! One bucket last my co-ed team an entire softball season. The bucket was approximately $20 if I'm not mistaken? You can throw your trash from the individual bags in the bucket if a trash can isn't easily accessible. The bucket is great for storage of the sunflower seeds, and eventually when there's enough room from eating them, your glove. Someone may not think about it immediately but it's perfect for when it starts raining and you've got to run from the dugout to your car. Most of the time the fields are not too close to parking due to fly balls so being able to toss electronics in the bucket and keep them dry is a bonus! Plus the portion size of the sunflower bags being smaller makes it easier to eat an entire bag without them going stale. I give this bucket a thumbs up as a must have for every ball team.
Eugene L.
Eugene L.
I eat sunflower seeds almost every day, and David's is my favorite brand. Just finding the large bags in the stores can be difficult, and the price has been creeping upwards for the past year, so I am getting a great deal and wonderful convenience in buying bulk via Amazon. The only problem is that the quality of the seeds varies naturally, and in getting a dozen bags at a time, one gets the same quality in that entire shipment. My first shipment were all large, tasty seeds, which was great. My second shipment seems to be all small seeds; still tasty, but not really as good as the larger ones. I guess it's really no worse than buying five bags at a time at the store, and then hoping for the same or better quality the next time. The savings are significant, and if I can finish a shipment before the next one is due, I'll definitely stick with it.
Patrece C.
Patrece C.
Liverpool, NY
Yaaaas! I've been eating these sunflower seeds since I was eight years old and I'm kicking thirty in the butt. They've got the perfect snap, they don't taste stale like other sunflower seeds and ugh, they're so salty and delicious.
I've strayed a few times but always come back home. They're pretty cost effective when you're a giant hippo like me and eat them constantly so you buy the giant bucket.
The bucket is pretty fun too, it's durable so you can use it for storage of other things like toys and whatnot.
Kaaryn S.
Kaaryn S.
Fayetteville, AR
My brother and I went through one of these buckets one summer! I love sunflower seed and I only like them if they are in the shell. The preshelled ones taste funny. This was perfect for us because it was small bags that you could snack on while out on the go. I loved the ease of having a bag available to me whenever i wanted and the price was super reasonable. Id buy it again!!
ReShicka P.
ReShicka P.
Foodie Expert
David's Original Sunflower seeds are the way to go. They are a perfect snack when you are at a sporting event, if you are on a road trip, if you are at work, if you're trying to quit smoking, or if you just want a nice "active" snack. I love the saltiness of the shell and the delicious taste of the kernel. You can find these at any convenience store for a solid price.
Brea-Anna W.
Brea-Anna W.
Arkansas City, KS
If you think Jumbos are good you should try a brand I found at Wal-Mart called Dakota Style! They are also Jumbo sized and when I compared the sodium levels to David’s they were about 30% less. They had an unbelievable crack and were salty when I got to the meat. They are out of the Midwest. I also tried their Kernels and they are great! You have to give them a try!
Elizabeth S.
Elizabeth S.
Green Bay, WI
I purchased these sunflower seeds for my daughter's softball team. They were a huge success! I recently saw the same item in the sporting goods store for about $10 more. We now use the bucket to hold wiffle balls that we purchased on Amazon. I recommend this product for anyone who needs multiple small packs of sunflower seeds for a team or an event.
Katie W.
Katie W.
Foodie Expert
I love originals, especially sunflower seeds! You can't compare to any other sees for sure. The salt isn't totally healthy but I there are less salt options. I'm a definite repeat customer. Once I start, I can't stop! These are road trip musts!! Or traveling by plane must haves! If one has cravings .. For almost anything. These are a great answer!
Cody B.
Cody B.
York, PA
Foodie Expert
Nothing says baseball season like a bucket of seeds for the whole team. My only complaint is that it only comes in one flavor. I am a fan of all of the David seed flavors, so if it at least came in Ranch and BBQ they may sell even more for teams. Regardless, I think the bucket of smaller bags keeps them from going bad/stale like the larger bags.
Junai W.
Junai W.
Plant city, FL
Does anyone else eat these by the handful until their lips get shriveled from the salt overload, or is that just me?
K S.
K S.
Providence, RI
Foodie Expert
Do you prefer the original or the flavored? David® Jumbo Original Sunflower Seeds
Carolyn J.
Carolyn J.
Anyone else use these to help stop biting their nails or just me? Yes I know gross😂😂
Anastasiya M.