BY DARK SOULS

Dark Souls
  • "Welcome back to one of the most unforgiving games of the decade with several terrifying bosses not to mention optional ones, Powerful weapons, A lovable Onion Knight (Total FF reference) and plenty of little beasties just howling for your souls." in 5 reviews
Katy S.
Winnsboro , SC
Gamer Expert Level 1
This game is extremely difficult no matter how you play it. You can even watch walkthroughs if you want to that's not going to help you. I wanted to just end everything while playing this game. Let it all on fire I don't care. I don't think I've reached so much in a game since I played some platformer game made in paint I don't remember. It's a very fun game to play I laughed a good bit at myself. And a lot of the monsters just made me kind of sit back and think what exactly were the people who made this game on when they came up with the designs that they came up with. Hey I know let's make game that's impossible. I mean it's not impossible but it's pretty damn hard. You might lose the controller or three..
Valeria p.
Cooper City, FL
Gamer Expert Level 1
Namco Dark Souls II (PlayStation 3)Comencé a jugarlo yo misma desde hace poco, antes mi novio jugaba el 2 y se veía muy interesante, tenía muy buena ambientación y excelentes gráficos para mi gusto. Hace pocos días yo comencé a jugar el 1 y al principio me encontré con un jefe y me costó mucho matarlo porque aún no me adaptaba a la movilidad del juego
Robin C.
Bergenfield, NJ
My husband and I lost many, many hours of our lives to this game. It was addictive and hard and fun. He stuck with it longer than I did--I couldn't take the high stakes stress lol--but even after I quit, it was still a lot of nail-biting fun to watch him play.
Atasia B.
Gamer Expert Level 2
This is such a fun game! It is so immersive and makes the player feel as if they're a part of the story. I love the dark and creepy element. Sadly, when you die you lose your souls which is your money and you have to get it back. Other than that, it can provide a good challenge and great entertainment.
Nicholas T.
Brockton, MA
This game, like Demon's Souls, does challenge right. The very concept is supposed to induce frustration and take you to the verge of giving up, but deeper down you feel a desire to complete your quest.
The concept of challenge in this game was handled almost perfectly. Almost, you ask? Thing is, it may, at times, push you over that line where you DO actually give up, turn off the game, and not play for another month.
The community aspect is amazing Player made messages are left around to keep you on the right track and warn you of coming dangers, and it allows for a sense of belonging in a fantasy world.
The feeling that you could be killed by literally any enemy makes for a suspenseful, action-packed, beautifully crafted game that will keep you on your toes.
As much as this game does right in concept, it trips over itself in the game design itself. The unorthodox control scheme will fool you sometimes, maybe I'm just stupid, but I kept drinking from the Estus Flasks accidentally when I wanted to change something or attack. The graphics are sub-par for its day, and although I don't hold graphics in THAT high regard, they are a huge part of any fantasy game's immersion.
8/10 Great concept, well handled, could use polishing.
This game will kick your behind, and you will like it.
Natasha G.
Philadelphia, PA
This is a really hard game but I love it a lot its a good play. It has character u can't help but love. But u can kill everything and everyone in the game if u choose but I like to play as the good
Jessica Y.
Hutchinson, KS
Let it be known I have not actually played this game. I watched my husband play it. So from his POV. It is a VERY challenging game. That being said, it is a great thing when the gaming industry tends to want to hold your hand to get you through. The whole Dark Souls series throws you in, gives you basic controls, and says BYYYYYYYYYYE!!!! The game is also beautiful to look at. The games are works of art. From my POV. I agree that they are beautiful. As the wife. I will say this game was not that fun to watch him play. It had it's points though. I have seen my husband die in HILARIOUS ways. The boss fights are also very captivating. Out of all the games in the series I remember almost every boss in this game and many of the areas.

NEITHER one of us is completely sure what is happening story wise. That gives it great replay value though because there will ALWAYS be something that you missed.
Danielle C.
Everett, WA
This game is so good. I was plating through yelling at the TV and slicing through whatever was in my path. This game is a sequel to Demon Souls, which is notorious for not giving the player an inch. More like it walks up to you, slaps you in the face and expects you to learn from it. You will die getting through the first couple of stages. This RP is highly customizable. You will choose strengths and such for your character as well. There are prompts left as "blood stains" in the training level, which ends with a giant boss to fight. You will really have to strategize your fighting skills and what you have learned so far to make it. Every bit of information you get from this game you must take and apply. Sometime the game will even just bowl you over unexpectedly and you will have to start over at your last checkpoint and learn to dodge these surprises. This game is great for someone who is looking for a challenging game. This game will take you on an amazing journey of role playing and leveling you skills to grow stronger. The characters are gorgeous and well designed and you admire them, even if they are enemies. I only give this game a B for its level of difficulty. The creators basically have told interviewers they would not adjust the game to make it more casual gaming friendly, but make it harder. and they have lived up to that promise!
Luke G.
Bristol, VT
Dark Souls the Spiritual successor to Demons Souls puts you right back into a dark and unforgiving world of magic, monsters and just straight up death. Welcome back to one of the most unforgiving games of the decade with several terrifying bosses not to mention optional ones, Powerful weapons, A lovable Onion Knight (Total FF reference) and plenty of little beasties just howling for your souls. Alright lets get this out of the way. Demons souls and Dark souls are both built to sucker punch you hard, spit in your face, kick you in the nuts and then slam you when your down...BUT don't let that hurt you because also when you finish a boss or the game in general you simply have one of the most euphoric feelings you've ever had during a Video Game. The Graphics are stunning not to mention the combat is clever and ruthless which magic is still just as powerful as Demons souls. The boss's are formidable while still being one strategic move from defeat. While you still have your main quests and such you also have the ability to go deep into the crypts and test your skills and life if you wish. To put it bluntly if you want to punish yourself or are looking for the game to test your skills then this game won't disappoint.
Tyler W.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I'll start off saying I didn't play Demon's Souls. Nope. Didn't do it. Now, Dark Souls was, and still is, touted as being one of the hardest next-gen games ever made. If not the hardest. Though, the difficulty isn't what sold me. The sparse story elements actually worked very well for immersion. You're seemingly thrown into this mystical and dangerous world of Lordran as a lowly undead having to fight hordes of enemies on a quest you don't fully grasp for most of the game. The game's difficulty isn't just a selling point, either. It makes sense. You're a freakin' corpse 90% of the time. You think a corpse could topple a giant so easily? The environments were definitely something that stayed with me. Throughout all the fantasy games I've played, I've never seen as much imagination poured into the locales as in Dark Souls. It's fresh and dark and grim and beautiful all at the same time. Everything about this game is to be looked up at. Definitely a gem.
Britnee S.