Dance Moms
By Dance Moms
Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco, TX
It is portrayed that Maddie (Melissa's daughter) is Abby's "favorite" and her "star dancer". How do you feel about this?
Hui-Yu Y.
Hui-Yu Y.
Bellevue, WA
1 year, 9 months ago
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I think it's obvious that she gives her special treatments and pays more attention to her. However, I think she has more talents than the other girls, so I can understand where it comes from. I'm just wondering how that will impact Maddie because she has to suffer from a lot of pressure not just from Abby, but also the girls who get jealous of her.
Taylor B.
Taylor B.
Lafayette , IN
2 years, 2 months ago
I think Abby definitely plays favorites and it's annoying
Harneet D.
Yoselym F.
Hialeah, FL
2 years, 3 months ago
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I hate how Abby blatantly favored Maddie and denied it all the time. It's so unfair to all the other girls
Danielle C.
Danielle C.
Wappingers Fl, NY
2 years, 4 months ago
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Although maddie is very good she never does anything new she always is given the same turn combination but with different arms
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Oak Park, IL
2 years, 5 months ago
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Maddie is very facially expressive and obedient is why Abby likes her. Personally I love Chloe and Kendall.
Bernadette
Bernadette
Broomall, PA
3 years, 5 months ago
I don't even think maddie is that good I don't get it
Megan C.
Megan C.
Philadelphia, PA
3 years, 6 months ago
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favoritism of a certain dancer actually holds the other girls back and only supports Abby's mentality more. Put downs are not healthy for children, and the deteriorated self esteem holds the other girls back from realizing their full potential. Each girl has a unique quality and talents of their own, it doesn't make one better than the other. For example, I think chloe has a pleasant demeanor in lyrical pieces with nice arms that Maddy doesn't necessarily have, but Maddy has more energy and character in faster pace pieces that Chloe lacks.
Lori G.
Lori G.
Norton, MA
3 years, 6 months ago
I think abby's favoritism hurts the other girls. She needs to spend more time making better choreography for the other girls so they can grow too! I don't think Maddie is that great!
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Fort Payne, AL
4 years, 1 month ago
I absolutely agree. She is the favorite. I think Abby is just plain mean to the other girls and just worships Maddie.