by Dance Moms
Ask a Question
Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX

It is portrayed that Maddie (Melissa's daughter) is Abby's "favorite" and her "star dancer". How do you feel about this?
Hui-Yu Y.
Hui-Yu Y.
Jan. 19, 2016, 5:56 p.m.
I think it's obvious that she gives her special treatments and pays more attention to her. However, I think she has more talents than the other girls, so I can understand where it comes from. I'm just wondering how that will impact Maddie because she has to suffer from a lot of pressure not just from Abby, but also the girls who get jealous of her.
Taylor B.
Taylor B.
Aug. 18, 2015, 11:29 a.m.
I think Abby definitely plays favorites and it's annoying
Harneet D.
Harneet D.
July 19, 2015, 1:06 a.m.
I think both.
Yoselym F.
Yoselym F.
July 15, 2015, 8:34 p.m.
I hate how Abby blatantly favored Maddie and denied it all the time. It's so unfair to all the other girls
Danielle C.
Danielle C.
May 31, 2015, 10:47 a.m.
Although maddie is very good she never does anything new she always is given the same turn combination but with different arms
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
April 28, 2015, 1:52 p.m.
Maddie is very facially expressive and obedient is why Abby likes her. Personally I love Chloe and Kendall.
Bernadette
Bernadette
April 26, 2014, 9:08 p.m.
I don't even think maddie is that good I don't get it
Megan C.
Megan C.
April 7, 2014, 6:52 p.m.
Favoritism of a certain dancer actually holds the other girls back and only supports Abby's mentality more. Put downs are not healthy for children, and the deteriorated self esteem holds the other girls back from realizing their full potential. Each girl has a unique quality and talents of their own, it doesn't make one better than the other. For example, I think chloe has a pleasant demeanor in lyrical pieces with nice arms that Maddy doesn't necessarily have, but Maddy has more energy and character in faster pace pieces that Chloe lacks.
Lori G.
Lori G.
March 25, 2014, 11:21 p.m.
I think abby's favoritism hurts the other girls. She needs to spend more time making better choreography for the other girls so they can grow too! I don't think Maddie is that great!
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Sept. 20, 2013, 12:14 a.m.
I absolutely agree. She is the favorite. I think Abby is just plain mean to the other girls and just worships Maddie.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Aug. 9, 2013, 11:30 p.m.
I feel bad for Maddie because she is constantly put in the middle of everything. Abby forces her to go against her peers and when she stands up for herself, Abby makes her feel awful. Melissa needs to teach Maddie that she can't always win and that she needs to do what she wants and what makes her the most comfortable.
Jeanell W.
Jeanell W.
Aug. 1, 2013, 10 a.m.
I actually feel badly for Maddie. She is not being taught that she will not always win, when she gets into the professional world, she may not be able to face the harsh criticism and rejection she may be subjected to!

Join Now