Dallas Buyers Club

by Jean-Marc Vallée

Matthew McConaughey gives the performance of his career in this uplifting and powerful film inspired by true events. Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof (McConaughey) sees his free-wheeling life overturned when he’s diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. Determined to survive, Woodroof decides to take matters in his own hands by tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. After finding an unlikely ally in Rayon (Jared Leto), he establishes a hugely successful “buyers’ club” and unites a band of outcasts in a struggle for dignity and acceptance that inspires in ways no one could have imagined. Co-starring Jennifer Garner, Dallas Buyers Club is “deeply moving. A livewire of a movie!” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone)

Did you have happy tears at the end.
Favorite scene in this movie?
Do you think This movie is inspiring and eye opening
Start your review of Dallas Buyers Club!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
It has a very strong message, and seeing Jared Leto dressed up as a woman makes it a must see by itself LOLin reviews
Villa Ridge, MO
Great movie, it starts out kind of slow and mildly ignorant but as it goes on it shows the amazing effort put forth by what started out as a few people to then a group trying to help people in desperate need of treatment they weren't able to either because of cost or plain human ignorance from people that should have been caring for them.
Waxhaw, NC
This is a great movie!! We watched it a few months ago and loved it! Had a great storyline and characters! :)
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was intense. The cast is amazing. Jared Leto did a tremendous job. It is disturbing at times, but I feel it is a must see.
Hendersonvlle, NC
Dallas Buyers Club is a must see movie!! Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto were excellent in this movie!! It has an awesome message in it as well as Jared Leto in drag!! It really is a must see movie!! It has a pretty good soundtrack to go with it!!!
After watching this film, I've run out of glowing superlatives to describe it. First of all, a word on Matthew McConaughey. I've always thought of him as a relative lightweight in the film world, the sexy leading man best designed for selling tickets and little else. I am happy to report that I was mistaken. Sadly, horribly mistaken. From the very first frame of this amazing movie, I was so amazed at his physical transformation that it took a half an hour just to adjust my eyes to the frail creature I saw before me. But it was real, just as his stellar performance both illuminated the way I look at the entire AIDS epidemic and the toll it takes on humanity, both gay and straight. This film happily avoided all previous clichés and typical treatments of the subject matter, transcending every other film I have seen regarding HIV/AIDS. For so long I have decried the serious lack of great film for ADULTS, with seemingly everything out today designed for pre-pubescent teenaged boys interesting in nothing more than mindless video games and moronic super hero sequels. As with many memorable independent films, this gem was elevated to heroic status with the incredible acting of McConaughey, in concert with the amazing Jaret Leto, providing the perfect foil to his perfect, character-driven role. Every, single reason for going to the movies is present in the glorious truth and humanity of this landmark effort, a "must-see' for anyone seeking superior acting in profusion. If there's a God in heaven, Matthew and Jaret should both win the Academy Awards for Best Performance by a Leading Man, and Best Supporting Actor. Each actor went far beyond mere "acting" in this film, becoming so entirely immersed into character that they stopped acting and just BECAME. Don't miss this important and moving film.
Ft Sm Houston, TX
It took me two times of watching this movie to love it. The message is great, the acting is very good. If you like movies with a message I recommend it. There are parts that may make you cry
Beaverton, OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was incredible! Absolute favorite of mine. The acting was amazing and all that he had to go through for this role is incredible. Great movie to see.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great movie about a dark time in our nation's history. You'll learn a lot about what not to do if you're the government during a crisis. The acting is superb. This really kicked off McConaughey as a serious actor. Jared Leto is sensitive and compelling. Jennifer Garner adds a nice balance to the cast. It's not a feel-good movie though, so if you're looking for a pick-me-up, look elsewhere.
Meridian, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is an awesome movie! One of the best films I've ever seen and definitely one of Matthew McConnahey's best performances ever. I would recommend it to everybody to watch it at least once!
Hayesville, NC
Very huge fan of Jared leto! I loved this movie!! And the soundtracks was incredible, strong storyline acting was amazing, this movie is funny, sad, loving but don't show kids lol definitely buying this on DVD! I need to show my boyfriend he knows how I am about Jared leto!!