BY JEAN-MARC VALLÉE

Matthew McConaughey gives the performance of his career in this uplifting and powerful film inspired by true events. Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof (McConaughey) sees his free-wheeling life overturned when he’s diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. Determined to survive, Woodroof decides to take matters in his own hands by tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. After finding an unlikely ally in Rayon (Jared Leto), he establishes a hugely successful “buyers’ club” and unites a band of outcasts in a struggle for dignity and acceptance that inspires in ways no one could have imagined. Co-starring Jennifer Garner, Dallas Buyers Club is “deeply moving. A livewire of a movie!” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone)

Dallas Buyers Club

Start your review of Dallas Buyers Club!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It has a very strong message, and seeing Jared Leto dressed up as a woman makes it a must see by itself LOL" in 6 reviews
Katy A.
Doral, FL
After watching this film, I've run out of glowing superlatives to describe it. First of all, a word on Matthew McConaughey. I've always thought of him as a relative lightweight in the film world, the sexy leading man best designed for selling tickets and little else. I am happy to report that I was mistaken. Sadly, horribly mistaken. From the very first frame of this amazing movie, I was so amazed at his physical transformation that it took a half an hour just to adjust my eyes to the frail creature I saw before me. But it was real, just as his stellar performance both illuminated the way I look at the entire AIDS epidemic and the toll it takes on humanity, both gay and straight. This film happily avoided all previous clichés and typical treatments of the subject matter, transcending every other film I have seen regarding HIV/AIDS. For so long I have decried the serious lack of great film for ADULTS, with seemingly everything out today designed for pre-pubescent teenaged boys interesting in nothing more than mindless video games and moronic super hero sequels. As with many memorable independent films, this gem was elevated to heroic status with the incredible acting of McConaughey, in concert with the amazing Jaret Leto, providing the perfect foil to his perfect, character-driven role. Every, single reason for going to the movies is present in the glorious truth and humanity of this landmark effort, a "must-see' for anyone seeking superior acting in profusion. If there's a God in heaven, Matthew and Jaret should both win the Academy Awards for Best Performance by a Leading Man, and Best Supporting Actor. Each actor went far beyond mere "acting" in this film, becoming so entirely immersed into character that they stopped acting and just BECAME. Don't miss this important and moving film.

Nora L.
Hattiesburg, MS
This was such a great movie. I can't get over Jared Leto's performance! If you're interested in kind of a time travel into the 80s this is a very engaging and interesting movie.
Jennifer S.
Villa Ridge, MO
Great movie, it starts out kind of slow and mildly ignorant but as it goes on it shows the amazing effort put forth by what started out as a few people to then a group trying to help people in desperate need of treatment they weren't able to either because of cost or plain human ignorance from people that should have been caring for them.
Katie P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great movie about a dark time in our nation's history. You'll learn a lot about what not to do if you're the government during a crisis. The acting is superb. This really kicked off McConaughey as a serious actor. Jared Leto is sensitive and compelling. Jennifer Garner adds a nice balance to the cast. It's not a feel-good movie though, so if you're looking for a pick-me-up, look elsewhere.
Kayla S.
Clever, MO
Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto were wonderful in this movie. I am kind of young and clueless about what was happening during the AIDS crisis but this movie has made me want to do more research. I give it 4 stars because I thought the middle of the movie was much more emotional than the ending and they missed a good opportunity there. This is a movie everyone should watch at least once!
Michanne Q.
Los Angeles, CA
Dallas Buyers club is a must watch flick. Performances all around are strong and believable. What an interesting time back then, when HIV-AIDS was really just becoming apart of america's vocabulary. However we get to see an unconventional hero struggle to help others in the face of adversity. McConaughey delivers a raw performance and gives his all in this one.
Danielle F.
Frisco, TX
This movie is inspiring and eye opening! I am proud of how this movie was made and how it brings attention to such a touchy subject- HIV Aids. I recommend this movie 100% but I would say its mainly for adult eyes only! Brilliant performances by Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey!
Katyln R.
Hayesville, NC
Very huge fan of Jared leto! I loved this movie!! And the soundtracks was incredible, strong storyline acting was amazing, this movie is funny, sad, loving but don't show kids lol definitely buying this on DVD! I need to show my boyfriend he knows how I am about Jared leto!!
Celise H.
Keansburg, NJ
I have to admit the it was a tad difficult for me to watch the homophobia from the leading man.. But the movie was otherwise enjoyable, especially because its a true story.. It has a very strong message, and seeing Jared Leto dressed up as a woman makes it a must see by itself LOL
Wendy S.
Marion, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is an awesome movie! One of the best films I've ever seen and definitely one of Matthew McConnahey's best performances ever. I would recommend it to everybody to watch it at least once!
Mila P.
Wilton Manors, FL
Do you think This movie is inspiring and eye opening
Ashley P.
Smyrna, TN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Did you have happy tears at the end.
Nicole B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Favorite scene in this movie?

iTunes

iTunes was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.