BY DAIYA

Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free® Cheddar Style Slices.
Melts & stretches.

• I Say American for a Grilled Cheese is the Best . But I’m...2 Answers
Mercedes M.
Summerfield, OH
Purchased at: Kroger
When making the decision to go vegan I knew cheese was going to be the thing I missed the most, I mean come on, it’s cheese! But this Daiya stuff tastes just like the real thing. It’s creamy and delicious, melts just like actual cheese and honestly now I think it tastes better than the real thing.
Tessa A.
Purchased at: Giant Eagle
I love that vegan cheese brands are becoming more widely available, and I think Daiya has a lot to do with it. I love these slices for grilled cheese, though it doesn't melt as easily as I would like. Still such a great alternative!
Bree L.
I had high hopes after reading such good reviews but my expierence was way different. I actually tried the cheddar cheese shreds today not the slices. when i first opened the bag it was stinky. Not like cheese stink but just a stinky smell. I tasted a few tiny pieces out the bag and it was dry and nasty. I used a little to melt on my veggie burger but even melted it just did not taste good. Its a very off flavor but did melt nice. Thats the only plus for me. I was really dissipointed with this. Im still looking for vegan cheese that taste good 😩
Clariluz P.
I absolutely love Daiya cheese. We are a vegan/vegetarian mix in my home and this is perfect. No more missing out on grilled cheese with tomato soup. This cheese doesn't have a "fake" flavor to it, it smells amazing, and even stretches. So much healthier than regular cheese and the taste is amazing. Many vegetarian cheeses have casein, which is derived from milk, so it is not vegetarian (leaving my daughter out). With Daiya, everyone is included and can enjoy their food as a family. I would definitely recommend.
Denise T.
So good to make a grill cheese sandwich. On top of a veggie burger. I like the flavor. You only need two slices to make a delicious sandwich. You can get this at Whole Foods, shoprite, stop and shop, and food town. Yes I would buy this again. Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Slices Cheddar Style
Valerie G.
Gainesville, FL
This cheese is good for what it actually is. If you’re vegan and you’re looking for a nondairy alternative, this will do, and it is pretty similar to cheese. That being said it’s not exactly the same, and has almost a weird consistency and texture. The taste is pretty good though. If you’re looking to use it as a cheese substitute for a recipe I wouldn’t recommend, but on sandwiches and things like that it’s definitely a good item to have on hand.
Madeline A.
Purchased at: Kroger
Every since I went dairy free a few years ago I’ve been looking for a good substitute. This is by far one of the best dairy free cheeses I have ever had, I use it for everything! I especially love it for nachos and quesadillas haha and a grilled cheese every once in a while. It melts just like real cheese and tastes great too. I’ve given it four stars only because it’s really quite expensive. Other than that, all time favorite!
Janna M.
Hawthorne , NJ
Purchased at: Whole Foods
I will start out by saying if you’re new to the dairy free game, this won’t taste exactly like your typical Vermont cheddar. You have to give it a chance. However, as someone who hasn’t been consuming dairy for almost two years now, I love this product! It satisfies my cravings for grilled cheese sandwiches and melts perfectly.
Shanna F.
I tried this product on a whim due to changing over to a vegan diet. It was a little more expensive than other cheeses. I bought this at the Natural Grocer. I took a bite of a slice and did NOT care for it! Although, when put into a wrap t gave that subtle cheese flavor and wasn’t too bad. I probably will not purchase again.
Carolyn D.
Farmingdale, NY
Delicious "cheese". My stomach is sensitive to dairy so Daiya products are perfect for my stomach. This cheese tastes great and I honestly can't even tell them difference anymore when I make a grilled cheese. The price is reasonable and very fair. I recommend daiya to anyone who is vegan or lactose intolerant.
Shelby U.
Redmond, OR
Is this good in grilled cheeses and other sandwiches? I just recently went diary free but I’m seriously missing grilled cheese and tomato soup!
kiah c.
cape town
Is it vegan cheese ?
Autumn R.
Where can you buy this product at?
Brittany Y.
Palm Harbor, FL
I hated this.. anyone have any other recommendations for other vegan cheeses?
Nicole S.
Burbank, CA
Does this taste good? Debating buying this one and the Swiss one.