BY DAIYA #55 in Cheese

Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free® Cheddar Style Slices.
Melts & stretches.

• How does this taste compared to regular cheddar cheese?1 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
Kali M.
Orlando, FL
Daiya cheese always has a little bit of a weird after taste, and it doesn’t melt as well as real cheese. But when you put cows well being before your cheese melting standards these things are nothing really to complain about. I love that it is so accessible and that I can find it at any grocery store in the area. It makes having a compassionate lifestyle easy!
nikki t.
Diamond Spgs, CA
While I love to have vegan, dairy-free cheese options, Daiya cheese misses the mark. It doesn’t melt very well, and the flavor tastes less than satisfactory. I will buy Daiya when there aren’t any other options, but I’ve purchased dairy-free cheese alternatives in the past that have melted nicely and taste nearly the same as actual cheese!
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
I've been on the hunt for good vegan cheese for a while. I usually go back and forth between a regular to vegetarian to vegan diet and whenever I'm vegan, I always get this! It is a good replacement. I've noticed that they sometimes change the formula a bit to make it melt more and it's definitely improved! :) I will keep purchasing this and other daiya cheeses!
T C.
Ludington, MI
I do not exactly like the tase of this cheddar pain, I could not eat this like I could normal cheese. It is fine to be incorporated into meals but I did not like it as a plain grilled cheese. Overall it was okay but I prefer other kinds of dairy alternatives over this one. Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Slices Cheddar Style
Sarah C.
Marysville
Daiya is by far the best vegan cheese I have tried! I used to avoid any vegan cheese at all because I hated the flavor but Daiya cheddar hits the mark with flavor. It tastes pretty close to regular cheese and it melts like regular cheese! This is a great option for vegans AND non vegans :) everyone should give it a try.
Alyssa J.
Akron, OH
I'm full on allergic to milk, throat swells kind of allergy, and for many years I was living a life without cheese. It was depressing. Then Daiya came out and I was able to have cheese without needing to be rushed to a hospital. Their sliced cheese melts like normal cheese and has plenty of calcium in every slice.
Nour K.
Rochester, NY
To be completely honest, I was a little nervous to try Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Slices Cheddar Style. I'm a picky eater and I LOVE cheese although I'm lactose intolerant. The first time I tried this cheese I made a grilled cheese sandwich. I used one slice and it was more than enough, although it doesn't look like it would be. This cheese is great! It's a wonderful alternative and tastes great too. Just a tip: it doesn't really melt as it should (when I made my grilled cheese it took so long to melt even the slightest bit) but don't fret, still tastes great!!!  Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Slices Cheddar Style
Miranda K.
Thompsons Stn, TN
I am thankful that Daiya provides dairy free options for the growing vegan community. However, Daiya cheese is nothing to shout about. The aftertaste is not my fav. Plus, the cheese doesn’t melt the way that some of my favs do. But, I’m thankful that it is widely carried, you can find it at most supermarkets.
Porsche R.
When I transitioned to a vegan diet I just knew cheese would be the one thing I missed the most. I was lucky to have tried this brand first and actually love it. I don’t have difficulty with melting it and it taste just like real cheese! The only thing I do not like is depending on which grocery store you may go to their shipment may all have packs that contain slices that are beat up and slightly crumbled. Make sure to check before purchasing. Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Slices Cheddar Style
Kearra F.
Beaverton, OR
Best tasting vegan/dairy free cheese. Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds has also been my go-to for the best melting vegan cheese out there! I would even suggest it to my carnivore friends who still had lactose problems, because they would benefit from it in that sense. The taste has also improved over the years, so I’m happy w/ that.
Shelby U.
Redmond, OR
Is this good in grilled cheeses and other sandwiches? I just recently went diary free but I’m seriously missing grilled cheese and tomato soup!
Brittany Y.
Palm Harbor, FL
I hated this.. anyone have any other recommendations for other vegan cheeses?
Nicole S.
Burbank, CA
Does this taste good? Debating buying this one and the Swiss one.
Patricia K.
Parkville, MD
Does this melt? Sometimes dairy free cheese does not melt well. I like their shredded cheese!
Andrea R.
Ordered the cheddar slices from veganessentials.com looking forward to taking it. Is this a tasty product?