BY DAIYA #23 in Nut & Alternative Milks

Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free® Cheddar Style Block.

Melts & stretches.

New & improved.

Lactose free.

Casein free.

Gluten free.

Soy free.

Cholesterol free. see more...

• Is this satisfying to eat straight up? I love the Mac and...1 Answers
  • Do you find this product okay for cheese and crackers? Iv...1 Answers
Zsacari H.
It took me time to get used to this particular style of cheese but I find that it is best when melted down with seasonings or cooked into something. I'm used to the taste now, but eaten straight up, it taste grainy.
Renee A.
I have mixed feelings about this cheese. It is not terrible but I think I need to get used to it. It does not melt the same way that dairy cheese does and it has a different consistency but that is to be expected since it is not dairy. I think I will try a different flavor. I did try another brand of diary free cheddar and I will say that Daiya was more enjoyable.
Autumn W.
Huntington, WV
Although to me, there is no replacing the wonderful taste of dairy cheese, sometimes I have to have an alternative. This is the closest I've come to a flavor and taste that could possibly be mistaken for dairy cheese. I recommend this to others often who are lactose intolerant but just can't seem to crush those cheese cravings.
Catherine  V.
Powder Springs, GA
Okay, I know that one should expect dairy free cheese to taste like the real thing...but, my goodness! This stuff was not very good at all. First of all, it's very expensive and there isn't much product to go around. I suppose this is great for those that cannot have cheese, but I feel sorry for people who have to eat this. If I were in this position, I would probably give up cheese.
Maria M.
This is a great product for dairy and casein sensitive people like me. I bought my Daiya from Natural Grocer's. It was my first time to buy it. The texture is comparable to real cheese. Flavor-wise, it will give a dairy-sensitive person his/her cheese fix.
Emily S.
Indianapolis, IN
I a lactose intolerant and have tried several of these products. I do not like the ingredients.All the oils and soy are not the greatest for us but it gets the job done when we feel the craving for cheese. I use this on nachos or pizzas!
Ally S.
Daiya cheese all have a really weird but subtle after taste to them which is very unfortunately because they are one of the only dairy free "cheeses" that melts fairly well. Hope they get this funky taste under control so we can purchase them again!
Phoebe F.
Everett , WA
Melts like cheese. Tastes better in my opinion. I have a problem finding it however and I live in a bigger city. It is the best vegan cheese and I’ve tried them all. I will buy again. They need to expand their full line in stores.
Mackenzie L.
Clearwater, FL
I only use the block and shred it myself. The pre shredded has that iconic ‘vegan’ cheese powder all over it. If you choose to use a non dairy cheese always go with the block :)
Cole K.
Savannnah
The Daiya Cheddar Cheese does not taste a good and does not taste like regular cheese. I was very disappointed because I really wanted to find a GOOD vegan cheese.
jasmine S.
Do you find this product okay for cheese and crackers? Ive just gone vegan not that long ago and find I really miss blocked cheese. I know theres other flavours, which one's your favourite?!
Jennifer F.
Baltimore, MD
Is this satisfying to eat straight up? I love the Mac and cheese from daiya but have been a bit nervous about this product.