BY DAIYA

Daiya Deliciously Dairy Free® Cheddar Style Block.

Melts & stretches.

New & improved.

Lactose free.

Casein free.

Gluten free.

Soy free.

Cholesterol free. see more...

• Do you find this product okay for cheese and crackers? Iv...2 Answers
  • Is this satisfying to eat straight up? I love the Mac and...1 Answers
Zsacari H.
It took me time to get used to this particular style of cheese but I find that it is best when melted down with seasonings or cooked into something. I'm used to the taste now, but eaten straight up, it taste grainy.
Phoebe F.
Everett, WA
Melts like cheese. Tastes better in my opinion. I have a problem finding it however and I live in a bigger city. It is the best vegan cheese and I’ve tried them all. I will buy again. They need to expand their full line in stores.
Mackenzie L.
Clearwater, FL
I only use the block and shred it myself. The pre shredded has that iconic ‘vegan’ cheese powder all over it. If you choose to use a non dairy cheese always go with the block :)
Melissa M.
AS a vegan I was excited to find this product.  It is a little pricey but affordable compared to other cheeses but it is worth it because it is dairy free.  It was my first time purchasing.  The flavor isn't exactly like regular cheese but it has enough flavor to substitute.  I love just breaking off a piece and eating with crackers.
Kimberly F.
Hayward, CA
This cheddar block is probably my favorite Daiya cheese flavor.  It has the most similar texture and flavor to "real" dairy cheddar.  I use it to make grilled cheese since it melts well, which is a big deal for vegan cheese.  This is the only flavor of Daiya that I'll eat plain but cutting it in cubes for a snack.
Catherine  V.
Powder Springs, GA
Okay, I know that one should expect dairy free cheese to taste like the real thing...but, my goodness! This stuff was not very good at all. First of all, it's very expensive and there isn't much product to go around. I suppose this is great for those that cannot have cheese, but I feel sorry for people who have to eat this. If I were in this position, I would probably give up cheese.
Natalia M.
Urbana, IL
I know the smell is nasty and it tastes terrible alone, but the is my FAVE cheese go cook with. I melt it down and add spices, broth, and other things that tone down the smell and make it taste good with pasta or on nachos.
✖️Dominique L.
Los Angeles, CA
I tried going vegan for a week and decided to give Daiya a shot after hearing many good things about it. I was sadly disappointed. They're was almost no flavor, and I could never get the soft and gooey consistency I wanted. Needless to say I did not make it through the week as a vegan.
Carly F.
Northville, MI
Daiya totally saved me when I switched to a plant based diet. In my opinion it's the only brand to taste like a true cheese flavor. I like the block to run along a grater for a finer shred. The shreds Daiya makes are too thick for my liking so I use this block to shred my own.
Emily L.
De soto
I must say I hated the old formula but they definitely upped their game. It melts how you want it too and tastes like actual cheese. I wish it was a bit cheaper but it's worth it. I use this Cheese on so many different recipes. I made sauces with it, grilled cheese, on burgers etc
jasmine S.
Do you find this product okay for cheese and crackers? Ive just gone vegan not that long ago and find I really miss blocked cheese. I know theres other flavours, which one's your favourite?!
Jennifer F.
Baltimore , MD
Is this satisfying to eat straight up? I love the Mac and cheese from daiya but have been a bit nervous about this product.