CytoSport Muscle Milk
Top Questions See all 80 Q&A
- "I usually make my own protein shakes because I can control what's in it, but this is a great backup to have around the house in case I don't have time to make one." in 10 reviews
- "They don't have a weird powdery flavor or texture like so many protein drinks and don't require refrigeration like most until its time to drink them." in 6 reviews
- "I've been drinking Muscle Milk for about two weeks now, post workout, and I feel like they're more of a treat than a fitness supplement." in 6 reviews
- "He drives a semi cross country and gets down not eating right so he started drinking these to get the protein, minerals and vitamins he is lacking in his system not eating right." in 5 reviews
- "Love these little drinks for when I don't feel like making my own protein shake and I love the fact that they're low calorie." in 5 reviews
Because my procedure is highly malabsorptive with the real potential for protein & vitamin deficiencies, I drink protein shakes all day, everyday. I have tried many brands and have spent hundreds of dollars since the year began in my pursuit of a brand that I could love.
From the moment you twist the top off the canister (the powdered kind), the flavor hits the air & it is heavenly. I have had Vanilla Creme and Banana Creme. BOTH flavors are divine. The best part for me is that they are super easy to measure & mix in your favorite Blender Cup bottle. PLUS, in my opinion, there's no need to add any add-ins. No sweeteners, no fruit--NOTHIN'. This tastes great ALL BY ITSELF.
I definitely recommend this product, & I have to many of my friends in the Bariatric community. I am buying more this week, & I'm definitely gonna get more than one. I can't stand running out.
The vanilla flavor is fine, but cookies and cream was terrible. The texture can be a little off-putting. You need to really shake the heck out of it to keep it from feeling grainy, but then you end up just getting a bunch of air in the straw.
Speaking of, I hate the straws that come attached to the boxes! Mine always collapsed, meaning I had to pull it out of the drink, fix it, then put it back. Small thing, maybe, but it really annoyed me.
I prefer buying the protein powder and mixing my own, not only for taste but it's less expensive. But if you're often in a rush, these aren't disappointing.
I do wish it had a few more carbs, as I need to eat a piece of fruit with it (which isn't bad, but sometimes I prefer to just have all my carbs and protein in one convenient snack).
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos