BY CVS #1 in Health Stores

Nicole M.
Saugerties
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I use this store as my main pharmacy. They have a lot of good deals throughout the store. It is nice to be able to get your meds and other necessities in one place.
Leah B.
Germantown, WI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I really don't enjoy CVS as I prefer shopping at their competitor, Walgreens. The prices at CVS tend to be way too jacked up, even with whatever rewards points or coupons they offer. Although I've only stepped inside 3 different CVSs, all of them reeked of marijuana and while I don't judge people's choice to smoke that stuff or not, the smell of it gives me an immediate headache, thus a very unpleasant shopping experience. On the bright side, the stores have always been organized fairly well and generally were well-stocked.
Amber G.
Florence, AL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I have used CVS since I can remember. I know I have heard a lot of people complaining about various things with their current pharmacy. I can honestly say that I don't have any complaints with my local CVS. I know things will just be taken care of when I go there. I just signed up to use their online pharmacy and its really convenient. You can view what prescriptions you have on file, which is up for a refill, and you can also see your purchases for the year and print off your spending to use for your taxes and such. Really been handy. I normally use the drive thru, but when I have gone inside the employees have always been very helpful and the store is very clean and organized.
Rachael J.
Mesa, AZ
Friendly staff! I love that they have a drive through because when you sick the last thing you want to do is jump out of the car and walk to the back of the store.
Wendy R.
Los Angeles, CA
I used to love shopping at CVS until last month. I entered and picked up 2 nail polishes which were on the front display at the front of the store. I continued my shopping but then I decided not to buy the nail polishes so I left it them the feminine supply section (yes, I know, I should have returned it where I got it from). I went to the front and paid for my purchases. Then, some people stopped me as I was leaving and escorted me inside. I was shocked. They took me into a small room and proceeded to yell at me AND search through my purse and demand that I return the nail polishes. I told them that I had left it near the tampons, and they did not believe me. Finally, they decided to send the manager to look for the nail stuff and sure enough it was where I had left it, and I was let go. They didn't even apologize. I'm not a thief, and do not have a criminal record, maybe it was because I am latina and was shopping in a high end area. Whatever the case, I WILL NEVER BE SHOPPING AT CVS AGAIN!
Christiana B.
Philadelphia, PA
I shop CVS pretty much every week. They have excellent sales that are easy to understand and the ability to stack coupons and get rewards make it a really fun store to shop. I love getting the weekly ad and finding my deals. The Extra Rewards card is great and they even email and mail you more deals on top of that. The only negative thing that I can say is that the stores near me all have self checkouts that do not work well if you use coupons. This can make the checkout process longer or more annoying than it needs to be, since they rarely have a person on register that isn't dealing with a long line of people trying to avoid the machines. I guess cutting corners on hiring employees allows them to give those great deals. Even so, CVS is the best drugstore-hands down!
Sumayya Q.
Lk In The Hls, IL
Great store. Always has what you need. It is a little pricy, but the quality and the price go hand in hand. The 24 hour locations are very reliable and employers are always willing to
Help customers!!
nicole g.
Everett, MA
CVS used to be my go-to store. It's a major staple of New England. Before the year 2000, CVS was competing with Walgreens, Rite Aid, Osco Drug, and Duane Reade but all of their prices were relatively the same so there really wasn't much competition. Back then, it was moreso a matter of convenience based on which store was closest to you. Now with Target and Wal-Mart in existence, there is some real competition because both stores sell exactly what CVS does and thensome but at a much cheaper cost. CVS initially specialized in pharmaceuticals, but nowadays I can get my prescriptions at Wal-Mart for a much cheaper price. You have folks who don't care so much about the comparison of cost, and still shop at CVS for nostalgic reasons. Personally, I see CVS eventually fading out of the limelight like Osco Drug if they don't reduce their prices to stiffen the competition.
Elizabeth G.
Brooklyn, NY
I hope not all of the stores are becoming like the ones in my neighborhood. The prices marked on many of the products were different than when ringed up, there were no cashiers for weeks- it's an automated system that is not the best to use (instructions were not clear and there were many all crowded together). Their prices are often on par with duane reade if not lower by a few cents, but a bit higher on beauty products in respect with Rite Aid. Overall, their prices are okay (when marked correctly!) and sometimes the staff is good. Nothing great, if I could avoid going here, I would. The pharmacy also, not the best service; often the techs did not know what was going on.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
I've been going to CVS for many, many years! It's not just a pharmacy, it's a place that will keep you wanting to browse for a long time. From the make up and beauty supplies and hair coloring kits, to the decorative seasonal gift type items, books, groceries & MORE! When you sign up to receive their crd, you get coupons off of items in the store and that's the BEST part. Between their coupons and my own coupons the amount of money you save is amazing.
Sarah S.
Houston, Tx
Preference - CVS or Walgreens?
Erika S.
Chula Vista, CA
Do you use coupons at CVS?
Ali P.
Saint Michael, MN
Jasmin P.
San Antonio, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
PICK ONE - CVS OR WALGREENS?????
Himashi A.