Is curves a nice gym for weights?
I heard that curves is good for bigger women to help them lose weight is that true?
how well does Curves Fitness [email protected] helping you lose weight?? I really need to lose like 20 pounds
Start your review of Curves Fitness!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I had a free membership years ago when it first came out, and I saw no toning benefits or weight loss from the "workouts."” in 11 reviews
“The Curves in my area is really good for meeting new people and talking about your experience with weight and weight loss advice.” in 7 reviews
“However I do not think it is challenging and should be geared towards older women who want to socialize and be active” in 7 reviews
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Curves is great for anyone that is at a low fitness level, just starting out or for more mature women. They incorporate cardio in strength in a short compact circuit workout which is very convenient. I would recommend it.
Sugar Free, Low Carb / Heavy
Radcliff, KY
I was honestly disappointed not much equipment to choose from the gym had them all in a circle and ladies rotated every 10min to the next activity. If you are older and want a lite work out then I would suggest Curves other wise I would go to a larger gym.
Curves is the ultimate work out facility for those women who are reluctant to join a gym because they are embarrassed to be seen exercising in front of men. They have an awesome circuit training area which gives you a variety of different exercises to try.
Covina, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
My grandma recommended curves. I didn't really like the circuit workout. A lot of older people and it's expensive especially to cancel. It's good for older Women who's insurance pays for their gym but I would go again
No Special Diet / Medium
Glendale, AZ
Curves is a pretty good gym if you like being told when and how many times you can work out. I think the whole times circuit is okay, but everyone will not want to do that when they come in. This makes a difference and the idea is nice, but needs work.
I have attended Curves in the past and would most likely return in the future. I love that it is women only and a total body workout in 30 minutes. Curves did not make me feel uncomfortable like other fitness centers tend to do. The sales people can be a little pushy to get you to join however.
Roswell, GA
I had very high expectations for Curves and I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I used to go at least once a week until my Curves hired a new employee who made me feel extremely self-conscience. I was greatly harrassed by this man. Not my favourite gym at all
Phil Campbell, AL
I liked curves for the most part. Things I didn’t like were everyone being in a circle. (But I’m a loner) I don’t like having to make a yearly commitment. With multiple health issues there’s just times I can’t go then I feel like I’m paying for nothing.
Gluten Free, Low Carb / Light
Interlachen, FL
I visited a curves once. It was ok but most workouts are with bands. I like to use weights. Either way I think the main purpose is for woman to workout without feeling uncomfortable with men around. I feel I can do the same thing at home and save my money.
No Special Diet / Medium
Albuquerque, NM
I absolutely love Curves. Not only is the circuit amazingly effective, but I love that it is a workout I can easily fit into my day. A half hour versus a minimum of one at the regular gym? And I love that it is only for women. This takes alot of the pressure off.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...