BY CUPCAKE WARS

Cupcake Wars TV Show
  • "this gives me great ideas for cupcakes for me and my family to try out so fun to watch them create great food and the judges have the best things to say but no always you should really watch this show on FOOD network is on usally if you like baking,food,judgeing,cupcakes,people and more food this is a show for you" in 82 reviews
  • "I used to enjoy watching this show a lot because of all the creativity that the chefs had and how beautifully arranged everything ended." in 59 reviews
  • "The contestants have some really great ideas to use in their cupcakes it's interesting to see who makes it till the end." in 49 reviews
  • "It excites me every time I watch, they make such beautiful cupcakes and it makes me happy that people are rewarded for they hard work :)" in 37 reviews
  • "I'm a huge fan of most cooking shows and this is no different I love how creative they are with ingredients and recipes! " in 35 reviews
Monique V.
Palmdale, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I actually really like watching this show with my dad! It’s been a long time since I’ve watched it but it was always fun to watch & see the different flavored and crazy cupcakes they come up with!
Ashley M.
Hains City
I will start an episode of cupcake wars and get sucked in for hours. My favorite episode is when Jillycakes competed on the show. She is an amazing cupcake maker and her design blew the other team out the water. This show also inspires me to bake and try different recipes.
Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Cupcake Wars is a cute show for the bakery lover. I can't bake well, nor do I want to be able to, so it's fun to see what they come up with and how they decorate. I really like seeing how each team incorporates the secret ingredients and what the finalists come up with as a display. It's a fun show to watch a bit of but the host sometimes seems to try too hard and the judges responses and critiques can become repetitive.
Natasha S.
Chambersburg
I'm always watching the food network. This show is pretty cool. To see how the bakers come up with different flavors and cupcake creations is impressive by my standards. I will continue to watch this show.
Beatriz D.
Chicago
This shows is one of my inspiration to become a pastry chef. Since I was 7 years old, I became inspired by all these baking shows especially Cupcake Wars. Cupcake Wars is very detailed and festive on the most simplest recipe. Now, I will like to become one of the contestant and be apart of the show.
Sarah M.
Not a huge fan of cupcake wars. I love the Food Network and watching baking or cooking competitions. However there’s something about this that I just have never been able to get into. To me it seems staged or fake in a way and everyone is just overly happy and nice. There’s just something so off about it to me.
Sarah E.
Ann Arbor
What a cute little show! It's always fun to watch. That being said, it does get very, very repetitive-- I wish it was more like Chopped, with a higher edge for competition, but it's always nice to watch when there's nothing else on. Okay show, but could definitely use some updating.
Karin R.
Calera
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I thought this was gonna be an amazing show, but I was grossly disappointed. It was just a regular cooking show for a competition, but nope. It's goofy people who seem like they don't know how to bake for their home use much less professional baking
Amber R.
Hyde, PA
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!!! Its creative and really holds your attention. But if your like me it makes you super hungry, for food that is not good for you lol. But it is very entertaining to watch and i am always impressed but the contestants on the show.
Cristine M.
Sun City, CA
Did I mention this show is fake?!?!!

The contestants have to provide ALL of the ingredients (except only for the secret ingredient), as well as materials for the last big challenge where they have to build something, and the actual challenge isn't even timed except for the last few minutes.

Those mistakes, evil glares, yelling? It's an act!

Those thousand cupcakes?! Oh, those are PRE bought, moldy, old and stale cupcakes except for a handful the contestants actually bake.

That "carpenter" or tool guy? He's just there for "show" because the contestants had to make that stuff prior to the show. They paid for all the materials, came up with the idea and created it (then disassembled before the show.)

Also, the cupcake "helpers" get treated like crap. When the food service comes they don't get any until the end of the shift when it's all gross. The staff laughs at the helpers because they are hungry but don't get food. The set is freezing cold too.

The producer tells at everyone. Justin Willman is an ass...

I wouldn't watch this show & I don't recommend it to anyone. It's not a reality challenge show whatsoever and it's very disappointing to be straight out deceived!!!

What show makes contestants pay for their ingredients? The thing where the winners do a big party at an event? That's rigged too.

It makes me sick to know that this show is fake but meant to look real. *shakes head*

How do I know all this? After enough blogs and researching I've discovered the truths. I've never been on the show, and I certainly don't know anyone who had been on this show. But I did a lot of research.... So, that's how I've come up with this review. Lol I'm not just some poor loser who lost!

Wanted to add that it says in the contracts that the people on the show are not allowed to give any of the "secrets" away. Of course the winners at a bakery aren't going to say anything and risk getting sued. Right? Plus, I also found out recently that the contestants can call ahead and request the themes or the "secret" ingredients.

Please, if you like the show obviously keep watching lol but don't be naive enough to believe this show is taped in one day and everything is real. Most reality shows are conned and this isn't any different. So why do I find it so repulsive? The way they treat the people on set & the fact that this is the FOOD NETWORK! I expected some integrity... :(
Annie S.
Hamilton
Do you like cupcakes?
Jacquelynn V.
El Paso, TX
Buttercream or fondant? :)
Katie H.
Alden, NY
What is your favorite kind of cupcake?
Lee X.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've actually never heard of this show before! Is it any good?
Jackie H.
Ignacio, CO
Other than Cupcake Wars what is your favorite cooking show? Mine is Iron Chef.