BY CUPCAKE VINEYARDS #91 in Wine

Cupcake vineyards red velvet wine 750 ml see more...

• "So invite your neighbors over and have a girls night! " in 8 reviews
  • "It is dark, rich, and complex flavored and just a little sweet, but dry enough to be very drinkable." in 6 reviews
  • "Also tastes pretty good for the price, good crowd-pleaser for when you're not 100% sure of the gift recipient's wine preferences." in 5 reviews
  • "I would recommend it to white Zinfandel drinkers- this may even be a good choice for a sangria since it's priced well " in 5 reviews
  • "It's a great blend for casual nights at home and for someone who doesn't drink reds normally, it was quite nice to sip on." in 5 reviews
Kaylee L.
Glassport, PA
Ok, first start off by saying that i was greatly skeptical of this wine. One of my friends got me this as a gift. When I found out the wine, I went straight on line to look at reviews. If I'm not mistaken, on person write that there were definitely hints of chocolate and coconut (which was indeed a turn of for me because I don't really like Sweetness). I looked on the back of the bottle and it says, "and a creamy mocha finish that is unmistakable in its intensity and length".... I as again turned off, but I decided to give it a shot. I open the bottle and smelt a strong smell of vinager... which is not a problem. I poured myself a glass and I as definitely surprised by the flavor. Definitely not sweet and there is no flavor of chocolate or coconut. It tasted exactly like white Zinfandel. I read online that a lady said that there was no unbearable alcohol flavor at all. That was not the case with this, but it's fine by me. It said that this wine could be paired with cheesecake, which I disagree...only because I would rather pair with vanilla ice cream lol. Overall, I love this wine. But I feel the label is misleading to people who actually want a sweet chocolatey wine. I recommend this if you really like white Zinfandel, because that's exactly what it taste like. I definitely will buy again, but after I try this company's Pinot Noir.
Cailey T.
I was excited to try this wine because the label said it had notes of chocolate and blackberries. I found that room temperature or chilled it was hard to drink down. I know you're not supposed to refrigerate red wines, but I don't enjoy warm alcoholic beverages. That may be because I've never had wine that cost over $100 and if I do I'll probably drink it the way it's supposed to be. Until then, I will drink it room temperature or chilled or however I please if one way doesn't satisfy my taste buds. This wine was hard for me to drink down. I'm not one to waste alcohol so I didn't pour it down the sink, but it wasn't pleasant the two months it took me to muster up the courage to drink it every now and again in order not to waste alcohol.
Joanne S.
Red velvet chocolate cake in a bottle? Yes, please! I received this as a gift from a friend and I decided to pop it open one evening when we were having steak for dinner. My boyfriend and I don't have much of a sweet tooth but we like red wine so we gave it a shot. It smelled heavenly but the taste was more that of wine than chocolate (which is what I expected anyway). It was a good blend of reds and no bitter aftertaste. If you are hoping to taste a red velvet cupcake in a bottle, you may be disappointed but if you like red wine blends, you may enjoy a glass.
FARAH A.
Old Bridge, NJ
Happy Hour Expert
This was a surprise. Semi sweet with no after bite. Good every day table wine.Overpriced. Hadd at tasting Kristen hosted. Marginal flavor, aroma. Light, not super dry. Would buy it again if it cost $7. Not for $14.$14 for handcrafted wine - produced in small lots without the nasty additives of which most consumers are blithely unaware - is a steal. The Table Red blend changes as lots are sold out. This current, super delicious blend has a majority Grenache Noir with 20% Ruby Cab and 3% Zinfandel. Cheers! And yum.
Jenny A.
Worthington, OH
This is one or my favorite red wines. It goes on sale quite often so is typically affirdable and easy to find at all or our local grocers. I like to try lots of differnt wine flavors and brands, but this is one that I always come back to. It has a great flavor that isn't too sweet and has the dry bite I enjoy . It always impresses when I share with friends. It's label is cute and the reason a gave it a try for the first time. I would recommend this to all my red wine lovers.
Shannon C.
Kennesaw, GA
This is a very dark and rich wine, this wine is for sure a wine to drink during the winter when you have the girls over and to exchange gifts and have a few drinks. It goes great with deserts, and snacks for a small get together. Cupcake wine's are usually pretty sweet, I mean the brand name kind of gives that away, but they are also very reasonably priced. This wine is a great wine for a gift to a friend or family member.
Jessica D.
Elkridge, MD
It is usually really hard to find a gluten free red wine. Cupcake-Red Velvet offers celiac and gluten intolerant customers red wine that is completely gluten free. It was easy to find at our local liquor stores and the staff/owners were very aware of their gluten free selections. It taste decent, not the best but it IS gluten free. However, it does give me a massive headache the next day every time I drink it.
Katie D.
Fall River , Ma
I'm not a fan of red wine so I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I just saw the words "red velvet" and couldn't resist. It didn't taste anything like red velvet. I couldn't even drink one glass. I actually gave it to someone else. I guess if you like reds you might like this. However, I'm a White wine person and have no knowledge of red wines.
Anastasia B.
Pittsburgh, PA
THIS IS THE ONLY RED WINE THAT I WILL DRINK. This came suggested to me by a lady that works at the state store who also doesn't usually drink reds. I reluctantly bought it but am honestly so glad that I did. It is sweet and palatable, and I am not much of a wine girl. DEFINITELY try it if you don't usually like reds.
Kaylee N.
Fort Wayne, IN
Happy Hour Expert
I liked it however it has a supperrrr sweat after taste!!! I highly suggest having this wine with dessert to cut it a bit, probably wouldn't seem so sweet that way. Also I forgot to run it through my decanter, could make all the difference. Bottom line I do like it, just not something I have several glasses of!
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
What are your favorite pairings with this wine?
Whitney T.
Hermitage, TN
What other flavors of cupcake have you tried?
Kiana C.
What's the best dinner or dessert to accompany a glass of the red velvet wine?
heather c.
Jermyn, PA
Are they very sweet wines? I love red wine but hate the ones that leave your mouth dry with a bitter bitter taste. I like a good mix of sweet and tart:)
Lauren M.
So I am a die hard white wine person but I love to try new things, does it have the red wine bitter taste? Should you chill it?