BY CUISINART #71 in Stand Mixers

Cuisinart just raised the bar on mixing! This Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer has the capacity, power, and precision engineering to handle any job a recipe calls for. With three accessories, you can mix, whip and knead dough. With 12 speeds, you ll always do it just right. And with the auto shutoff Countdown Timer you ll always do it for just the right amount of time. Results will be perfect. Cuisinart offers optional attachments that can be purchased separately. Each connects to one of three power outlets on the stand mixer to let you blend, process food, squeeze juice from your favorite citrus fruits, make perfect homemade pasta, or grind your own meats. Large 5.5-quart capacity polish. see more...

• I would love to know how well this handles a double batch...1 Answers
Cuisinart SM-55BC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer
  • "The attachments seems to do a much better job of reaching the very bottom of the bowl, and the design of the splash guard is also far superior." in 1 review
  • "It's very powerful and works well but the mixing blade doesn't reach far enough into the bowl." in 1 review
Assata R.
Brooklyn, NY
I wish I had known enough about this product to buy the larger version first.  I've had this mixer for over 7 years and it is THE most important tool for my baking.  At 5.5 quarts, the bowl just isn't large enough for me.  When making my buttercream, the bowl is only large enough to comfortably mix about 7 cups.  Otherwise, no complaints.  The auto-off timer function is great for when I'm making whipped cream (about 5 minutes at full speed gives me the perfect consistency for one of my recipes).
Pam M.
Olympia, WA
I've had this stand mixer for years and I still love it. I've looked at new ones and they just don't have the ability to match what my current one does. I love the splash guard. I also use the timer all the time. I like how the attachments interchange so easily. It has the power to mix heavy bread dough with ease. And it doesn't move on the counter while it mixes. I only wished I could get a mixer blade with the rubber spatula end, but other than that it's perfect!!! Love it, great buy for the long term!!!
Nichole S.
Proctor, VT
It's very powerful and works well but the mixing blade doesn't reach far enough into the bowl. I have to push the top of the mixer down while mixing in order for it to get near the the bottom. I like the accessories that are available but find many of the options to be a bit excessive.
Monica S.
Quincy , MA
I NEVER saw...and How strong and good seems to.be, of course it is...this brand is quality in their products Wish one badly, dying for one I wantttt 😢😢😢😢😢
Liz M.
Lake Bluff, IL
I love this. It is one of the staples of my kitchen and gets use at least 3 times a week! Plus, with the attachments, it can really be used for anything!
Sharonstylist  .
Gulfport, MS
I don't have one , but have always wanted a cuisinart mixer. I've said I wasn't baking anything else until I got one.
Taylor T.
Fenton, MI
Just got this for Christmas last year and I absolutely love it! It has so much power!!!
Katrina K.
Bradford, ON
After the bowl on my Kitchen-aid stand mixer broke, I decided to try the Cuisinart. It has blown me away at every turn. It doesn't "walk" on the counter nearly as badly as my Kitchen-aid did when I'm making a large, heavy dough. The timer, which I never thought I would use, has turned indispensable to me. The attachments seems to do a much better job of reaching the very bottom of the bowl, and the design of the splash guard is also far superior.
Lei G.
I would love to know how well this handles a double batch. Does anyone have experience with this?