Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor

Perfecting the art of food preparation. With a brushed stainless finish that adds a touch of elegance to any modern kitchen, the Cuisinart 9-Cup Food Processor is the ideal prep tool for any task. Its compact build allows it to fit comfortably on any countertop and the large work bowl makes it easy to create an entire meal from scratch. After all, it s a Cuisinart! 9-Cup work bowl. Chopping/mixing blade and dough blade. One-piece Supreme wide mouth feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables. Stainless steel medium slicing disc. Stainless steel shredding disc.

How does this processor work on chick peas. They tend to be hard and I love to make homemade hummus. A mixer doesn't do the job.
Is this size large enough to make pie crust in? Or should I go the next size up?
Is it worth the price cause I've always wanted one
Start your review of Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I don't do a lot of the kind of cooking that requires a food processor, but when I do I'm glad that this is the brand I decided to go with.” in 3 reviews
Rolling Mdws, IL
Had high expectations with this purchase but some how I just wasn’t too convinced with this one despite all the different blades available. This has been useful only for grating veggies- however if it had a handle for holding the veggies while grating, it would have been useful. Likewise nothing great with the dough mixer also.
Brandon, FL
I use this all the time. I love it because it’s small, easy to store, cleans easily and works fantastic! It’s perfect for making marinades, dressings and pesto. The blade stays sharp. I definitely recommend this food processor!
Warsaw
ILOVEIT! I learned how to cook from Food Network exclusively, and my daily cooking reached a point where I could not avoid getting a food processor. Thankfully, I had a relative who had an extra laying around that they didn't need that was brand new. Since getting it, we have made so many aspects of cooking go faster and much easier in meals that are in our weekly meal plans!
I bought this to make pizza dough. It works great during canning season. Super easy to use and very affordable. If there is a con, I have not found it. Love the attachments. I’m very happy I bought this very affordable addition to my kitchen. It’s very versatile.
Temecula, CA
This food processor is a must-have when cooking for the holidays or for large groups. It has several different desk that come with it which makes it a very personal machine. You can do everything from making those to slicing dicing and chopping and so much more.
Lehi, UT
I have to say i would give this a much higher rating if it didn't keep randomly not working for me. Anytime i try to follow the recipes they send in the box it will just stop working in the middle of what im making until i take everything off and re attach.
This is by far one of my favorite kitchen tools to use! Make everything from sauces to chopping a breeze! Would buy 10 if I could  I would say though feel like it wasn’t as stable during blending and sometimes the motor sounds like it’s working a little extra hard when trying to grind meats for ground beef or chicken
Madison, WI
I wish this had a purée option. However, this was super easy to clean which is a huge plus for me. It did chop vegetables pretty well, so it was great for making salsa and guacamole. It’s a little expensive for how much we use it.
Irvine, CA
This is good for making hummus and some serving sauces. Though it’s not big enough to do meal preps or make any soups. I think overall it works well. Just not the biggest fan of the squeal the machine makes when using it.
Arvada
Cuisinart puts out great products that you know you can trust and rely on. This food processor is no different. I havent found a single thing, this food processor couldn't handle. It's super handy and reasonably priced