Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor

Perfecting the art of food preparation. With a brushed stainless finish that adds a touch of elegance to any modern kitchen, the Cuisinart 9-Cup Food Processor is the ideal prep tool for any task. Its compact build allows it to fit comfortably on any countertop and the large work bowl makes it easy to create an entire meal from scratch. After all, it s a Cuisinart! 9-Cup work bowl. Chopping/mixing blade and dough blade. One-piece Supreme wide mouth feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables. Stainless steel medium slicing disc. Stainless steel shredding disc.

How does this processor work on chick peas. They tend to be hard and I love to make homemade hummus. A mixer doesn't do the job.
Is this size large enough to make pie crust in? Or should I go the next size up?
Is it worth the price cause I've always wanted one
Start your review of Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB Prep 9 9-Cup Food Processor!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I don't do a lot of the kind of cooking that requires a food processor, but when I do I'm glad that this is the brand I decided to go with.” in 3 reviews
Weymouth , MA
I don’t use my Cuisinart food processor too often but when a recipe calls for a lot of prep I’m sure happy to have it. It runs like a dream and the 9 cup bowl has lots of room. It makes super smooth guacamole and hummus and it chops fresh herbs much better than I do by hand. I love using it to make fresh salsa and even breadcrumbs. It’s a heavy weight machine which, for me, is the only downside because I have to store it on a high shelf due to lack of counter space. If I could leave it out I would use it much more, I’m sure.
Olympia, WA
Be mindful of how much you are putting in at a time and the firmness of what you are putting into it. I really liked this processer for the couple years we had it. Recently I wanted to make Cauliflower Rice and put about half a small head in. This was still "too much" apparently and the motor blew out and smoke started coming out of it after only a few pulses. I am pretty sure I've put more into it before that...but after a couple of years it was no good anymore.
Costa mesa, CA
one of my favorite purchases. i love having a huge cuisinart to do all my chopping prep it makes my life so much easier. fresh grated cheese for mac and cheese is the best when you dont have to grate it all yourself! and it tastes so much better than that pregrated stuff. i also use it when i make a big batch of any sauce, shop onions, celery, carrot super simple and easy to clean as well.
Dayton WA
Love this processor. My only complaint is I bought a 9 cup and I should have bought the 14. I may have to purchase the 14 cup and use my other as a backup. I think the price is pretty standard for this product. I would recommend this product. My only complaint is the customer service. I have tried contacting them on several products I have purchased through them and never get an answer
Adams Center , NY
My boyfriend was like a little kid on Christmas when he used this food processor to make his own peanut butter and it turned out great. The food processor is easy to use, easy to clean, and works great. They're kind of pricy though, so I would look for deals on them. They last awhile though, so you definitely get your moneys worth, especially if you use it a lot.
My other received this food processor and gave it to me as a gift. After not having things like this and doing everything by hand--it is great! Definitely a necessity for any mass shredding, chopping, or dicing. This is one is a bit smaller than other versions, so not for someone who is cooking a ton all the time, but perfect as a starter one to use.
Worcester, MA
I use this food processor quite a bit and have had it for two years. It has somethings I'd change, for example the food can get suck in the handle and you have to use a screw driver to take it apart and remove it periodically, and it isn't the toughest thing in the world. But I do think for the price point it's pretty decent and gets the job done.
Daphne, AL
Solid food processor with lots of options. I like to use this to bring together pie crust. I've been a big fan of Cuisinart for food processors for about the last 10 years, and this one hasn't let me down. I don't think you need to buy one of these all that often, because they last a really long time. You get more for your money even though they cost you more up front. I would definitely buy one of these again if I were in the market, but I probably won't need another one for at least another decade.
Boston, MA
Very basic, no options. Small but convenient for quick jobs. No ability to add food while appliance is running. Ability to add liquid while running (like pesto) is limited to a very small hole in the top which was not useful for adding a quantity of olive oil. Mostly I use this when my inversion blender would be awkward
Centreville , VA
I’ve had this food processor for a couple of years now and it’s still going strong. I use it to chop veggies, make dips like hummus, and so much more. The design is very sleek and it looks more expensive than what I paid, so that’s a plus. The size is perfect for if you don’t have a lot of kitchen counter space.