Add a Photo

By CROWN ROYAL
#17 in Whiskey
NOSE: Muted and mild, with notes of vanilla, caramel and light oak. PALATE: Balanced with hints of vanilla, spice and rich dried fruit. FINISH: Medium length with light vanilla, subtle spice and smooth finish.
James S.
James S.
Helen
June 5, 2017, 11:40 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
For Canadian whisky, this is excellent. The typical sweetness and sour rye elements of Canadian whiskey come through. You get the typical Crown Royal flavor, but better. Sweet toffee and caramel entry, with notes of pecan and maple. The overwhelming oak char is balanced with nuts and vanilla. It finishes with lighter floral notes as the flavor from the cognac barrels really comes through. For a blended Canadian whiskey, it is pretty good, but the price point is a little too high.
Leticia L.
Leticia L.
Burlington, MA
June 18, 2017, 1:12 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
My husband loves Crown Royal XO so we always have it at home. This whisky contains the signature blend from 50 of their finest whiskies, and then finishes them in cognac casks. This gives XO a complex and smooth flavor. This whisky comes in a beautiful bottle and it's a hit at every party, everyone loves its flavor with hints of vanilla, spice and rich dry fruit.
Amy R.
Amy R.
Ola, AR
May 18, 2017, 11:49 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
This is a very smooth whiskey. You can drink this alone with no burning at all that's how smooth it is. Crown Royal is in my opinion the best whiskey for the money. It's not the cheap stuff and it's not the most expensive it's a reasonable price and I like it better than a lot of the expensive brands.
Megan S.
Megan S.
Sierra Vista, AZ
June 1, 2017, 5:43 a.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
To be quite honest, I've never been a fan of Crown Royal. They definitely have have their devotees but I think the mouthfeel is a bit slimey and the aftertaste unpleasant. I personally know several people for whom Crown Royal is the drink of choice so I am aware that I am in a small minority.
Russ S.
Russ S.
Saint James, NY
June 23, 2017, 12:49 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
Crisp yet a bit pricey. Worth it for a special occasion, however as if most people pay the extra money for the extravagant packaging (which does include a nice "velvet"pouch. Would recommend it as something to bring to a dinner party with people you don't actually want to be near.
Rose G.
Rose G.
Sanford, FL
June 24, 2017, 3:09 a.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
My brother had been talking about this for a while and its actually kind of hard to find even being a Crown Royal which is an easy brand. He was very happy to get this for his birthday and put it in his special personalized decanter. If he's happy then it's a success to me
Laura B.
Laura B.
Caledonia, OH
June 14, 2017, 8:59 a.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
My husband and I also liked the Crown Xo it was smooth. It was not as smooth as the reserve. We have this strait chilled in the freezer over ice. We both like it. It would be our second choice over the Crown Reserve. The bottle and bag is really neat too.
Sharif Z.
Sharif Z.
Dallas, TX
May 26, 2017, 3:27 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
I am a big fan of whiskey in general and this Canadian staple does not disappoint. The hints of maple in it makes it a much smoother finish on the rocks or neat compared to its Scottish adversaries. I find myself usually sticking to this during the cooler months.
Marykate M.
Marykate M.
Waco
June 21, 2017, 1:49 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
Crown is not my drink of choice but for what it is, it's good. I don't find myself reaching for it, but if I'm having a party I make sure to have some on hand. I am a repeat consumer. The best description of this alcohol would be that it's good not great.
Myesha M.
Myesha M.
Seattle, WA
June 17, 2017, 4:55 p.m.
Review for: CROWN ROYAL CANADIAN WHISKY XO
The taste was smooth & bold, gives off a woody & smoke taste the price is decent depending on where you purchase it from. The Taste is delicious especially on a nice night after work I purchased it from Wine & Spirits, I would recommend it to others.