Crisco Shortening, All-Vegetable, 48 oz (3 lb) 1.36 kg uploaded by Audrey B.

BY CRISCO #6 in Shortening

Pamela L.
Smithfield, NC
We make many home made biscuits and rolls calling for the use of lard or this product. Crisco is more practical to use since today's recipes do not call for lard. Please try making some biscuits.
Stephanie C.
Western Grove, AR
This product is expensive but I do not mind because it has a great flavor. I love using this for making biscuits and even frying foods. It has a great flavor but it does not taste greasy like cooking oil
Adreana G.
This is a must have in the kitchen. Not just for baking but for other things as well it can be bought I think in many stores and has a really good flavor when made into something. I would recommend this to others.
Sara S.
Rncho Cordova, CA
I hate shortening, but I always use Crisco brand when I do use it. The taste of shortening is very heavy and greasy, and I never use it in anything but baking because it has a different melting point than butter. However, nothing greases a pan better than rubbing it with Crisco and dusting with flour!
Shannon A.
I use Crisco Shortening for frying. It doesn't add that gross oil flavor that frying usually lends, and it makes for some of the best home made french fries I've ever had. The container can be a little annoying to get the shortening out of at times, due to the rounded shape, but it's nothing you can't work around with a smaller utensil.
Catherine A.
Chattanooga , TN
Oh where do i begin, this is used to make my great grandmothers homemade biscuits. It always tends to last us a great while. We not only use it for biscuits but much more. Always on hand and very handy, we also love the sticks. I would recommend this to everyone, i LOVE!
Michelle A.
Crisco shortening I use this to make homemade tortillas and pan de polvo cookies, this works great I trust this brand, I also use for an old remedy that eliminates fever.
Kelley K.
Lake view, SC
My parents use to cook with this stuff all the time. Even when they finished with it, they would store grease back into the container so you wouldn't mess up any other containers.
Brittany A.
I was taught to swear by this when it comes to baking. My great grandmothers used it in all confections they made. I do the same now and it always helps!
Awilda M.
bear, DE
A classic baking staple. It is very useful and lasts a long time. The container can be a pain to scoop out of sometimes, but they do sell this in sticks.