Crio Bru Ghana French Roast

by Crio Brü

Ghana French Roast 10 Ounces Ground Coffee

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Crio Bru Ghana French Roast!
Mechanicsburg, PA
I use this in a French Press. It doesn't replace coffee for me but it is a nice change of pace from time to time. I read up about Theobromine after buying this and it is very interesting. It gives you energy similar to caffeine but it doesn't spike and drop, it is more steady. I find that I like it best when I blend it with coffee but I've had it both ways. I would drink this before tea. Because I don't put sugar in my coffee, the chocolate taste is more subtle. A friend used it with cream and sugar and said the chocolate flavor is less subtle when used that way.
Gaithersburg, MD
My boss bought this for the office to try, we go through so much coffee! This was a really nice change of pace! Coffee tends to upset my stomach a little and this actually gave me the energy I needed to get through my day with extreme PMS. I would really recommend this to people. I personally, liked to add a little bit of sugar to it.
Mount Laurel
Crio Bru Ghana French Roast uploaded by Jennifer R.
What is it?: I’ve heard about this drink for awhile and have wanted to try it ever since I’ve heard of it. Pretty much the cacao bean is roasted in the same style as the coffee beanPositives: It isn’t 100% caffeine free, which to me is a good thing. I like having a little bit of a caffeine kick, and it also provides a little bit of bitterness. It also never claims to taste like coffee so you can drink it with an open mind. But the cacao is easy to mix with coffee beans if you are trying to help wean yourself off of coffee grounds. Mixing the two also give a really awesome and unique flavor (think mocha)Negatives: It is a little watery and pre-ground. The drink is thinner than normal brewed coffee, and I think it would help if the grinds were a little smaller. But you can’t do that since they are pre-ground.How to Brew: I’ve tried this in many ways, pulled an espresso shot, french press, and drip. I have found the only way to drink this is by using a french press. The espresso was a watery mess, and the drip was alright but tended to have trouble filtering. The French Press will give the best full body flavor.What it tastes like?: It tastes like a watered down mocha latte- kind-of. There is a distinct chocolate/cacao flavor going on, but you have some rich notes that give a subtle notes similar to coffee. This clearly doesn’t taste like coffee, it has a totally different flavor profile, but can fill the void of full body, bitter, hot beverages.
Indianapolis, IN
Purchased at: Amazon
I love Crio Bru and I’ve been drinking it for the past three years. Crio Bru is ground, roasted cocoa beans and is brewed like coffee. Crio Bru claims to provide a natural energy boost, without using caffeine, and can be a coffee replacement if you want to avoid the coffee jitters. Personally, I like to prepare mine using a French press and vary the amount I use to adjust the intensity. On is own, it is similar to an unsweetened chocolate tea, but add some cream, sweetener, and a touch of salt to bring out the cocoa flavor, and it will be your new favorite chocolate drink.
Sandy, UT
This is my go-to morning beverage. Now, it's toted as a coffee substitute, and I think it certainly could be, but I'm not a coffee drinker and I love it. I can't start my day without it. There's no caffeine, and I don't know if it's in my head, but I swear it does give me some energy. I usually drink it black, but if you add a little sugar and cream or milk it is like a lovely light hot chocolate (though, don't go expecting it to be like hot chocolate, it's definitely closer to coffee in that regard). The price is about in line with a bag of coffee. Grab yourself a French press and get brewing some of this fantastic-ness! French roast is definitely stronger and more bitter than the medium and light roasts, and would make the best substitute for coffee if that is what you are looking for.

Looking for your answer?