Crime town

by Crime town

#10 in Podcast

Welcome to Crimetown, a series produced by Marc Smerling and Zac Stuart-Pontier in partnership with Gimlet Media. Each season, we investigate the culture of crime in a different city. In Season 2, Crimetown heads to the heart of the Rust Belt: Detroit, Michigan. From its heyday as Motor City to its rebirth as the Brooklyn of the Midwest, Detroit’s history reflects a series of issues that strike at the heart of American identity: race, poverty, policing, loss of industry, the war on drugs, and our universal desire for a savior. Detroit’s a tough town, and its residents are even tougher. They’ve weathered riots, a drug epidemic, political scandal, and innumerable other hardships, but they’re still here—and they have stories to tell.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Crime town!
How would you rate this product?
Eric Amanda M.
Warwick, RI
Crime town is an awesome podcast if you want to learn about true crime cases. Their first season was all about organized crime figures in my home state of RI and the previous Mayor of our capital city of Providence. The voice of the narrator is perfect to draw me in. I have heard every episode so far. They dive.deep into whatever topic they are discussing and the stories are so gripping. Check it out. I get mine on Stitcher but they are on all of the podcast platforms.
LaTonya B.
Hartford, CT
I enjoy listening to this podcast. The season on Kwame Kilpatrick was very good. I was glued week to week.

Looking for your answer?