BY CRICKET

Cricket Wireless offers prepaid cell phones and no contract cell phone plans. see more...

Buy on Walmart
  • "It gets a B grade from me because I wish the referral system worked better, I wish that it had more coverage in Nebraska since I end up on the train out in the middle of nowhere with no service and it makes me sad and that customer service in store could be improved." in 7 reviews
  • "Plans are pretty reasonable , no contracts , they have a variety of plans and phones , i say overall pretty good for the price" in 6 reviews
  • "If you don't travel much and you are on a tight budget for your phone and phone service, they are good company to go with." in 6 reviews
  • "It was my first phone company service I would go back to after experiencing getting hiddenfees and all that from other popular bigger companies" in 6 reviews
Jorge  T.
Long Beach, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
To begin I switched from Verizon to Cricket wireless because I was looking to save money on my phone bill, and also I wanted more features that I didn't get with my current plan. I decided to to go with Cricket because AT&T is their parent company so that means the coverage from them. I must say I am very surprised. I have not had issues with coverage or my data. Everywhere I have traveled so far I have had signal. I even traveled to Mexico and was connected. I have the $60 plan which is unlimited data and phone calling. I think for the price it is worth it. In addition if you have more lines with your plan then you start saving money on each line. I must say if you want to save money and have reliable service go with Cricket. The only warning is that you are capped at 8mbps uploads, however you won't really notice because its good enough for browsing the internet, using all your apps, and streaming music.
Jolene P.
Buffalo, NY
Cricket has been going down hill since A&T bought them out, they used to be awesome and the cheapest in the area and now the only reason I am still a customer is because they keep upping my data for free. If they would get their act together, I may stay on with them and recommend them. For now, go to another company if you can afford it.
Diana R.
Akron, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
I had Cricket before I switched to Sprint. I had absolutely no problems with Cricket. I never had a dropped call. The service was actually pretty decent. They are 3rd party to ATNT, which means they run off their tower. The only thing I didn't like about Cricket and is I switched was because they don't have upgrading of any kind. You pay full retail value for their phones. Other than that, they are a great service!
Alix G.
Techie Expert Level 1
I was a cricket member for a whole year, actually it was the first phone company I had ever used. I got their phone and payed for unlimited and personally it wasn’t the best. The phone kept freezing and the internet was really slow and for what I was getting it was kinda expensive. Tho I really likes the notifications of when it was time to pay and the fact that the customer service was amazing.
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
Great service. I do not always receive my picture mail however. I recently switched from Sprint because they have a few incentives going on. I really enjoy the point system they provide with My Cricket Rewards. However, I started noticing problems with my phone itself within the first 3 weeks. I haven't even had the phone for two months yet and now it won't turn on. I'll see how Cricket handles this but I've been with AT&T/Cingular, Sprint, Virgin Mobile, Assurance Wireless... I've never had problems with any of my phones so soon. Maybe it's just a faulty product. But now I see why the bill is so cheap and they offer incentives for staying with them. I thought I was getting a really cool phone with virtual reality features. I'm very disappointed.
Kelly L.
Kerman, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I've had Cricket for a while and I have to say that it's pretty good. Customer service is pretty good and their service is too except that out in the country there's not much signal and I live in the country! I don't like that you have to pay an activation fee each time you go to a Cricket store to purchase a new phone because if you don't want to pay an activation fee they won't sell you the phone. I also don't like that I have to pay for hotspot either.
Catherine P.
Santa Elena
Great Service! Best thing I ever did was switch to Cricket. Internet has been faster, calls are now unlimited, and plans have been cheaper. I was able to get 4 phones through the family plan for only $100 a month with 5 GBs of high speed data. The best thing is that when you run out you are not charged for extra data usage like other companies such as AT&T but are simply switched to slower data. BEST COMPANY EVER!!!!
Elizabeth 🔥.
Goodyear, AZ
The bills are pretty low and they do have some nice phones but i don't like the fact that they have sims cards but you still have to pay an activation fee and get a new card every time you buy a new phone . What's the point if you cant just use the same card. And once you run out of data ( which goes FAST ) it runs very very very slow.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Techie Expert Level 3
I have been a Cricket customer since i was 16 years old. I am now 26. I have never used any other cellular service. I tried T mobile for two days and hated it. I went right back to cricket. I have had over 10 brand new phones by cricket, and used them until they couldn't be used anymore. I use a cricket ZTE grand max X at the moment and LOVE my phone. It does everything the Samsung galaxy does. Crickets prices are very reasonable, and theirs no contracts. I have never really had any major problems with Cricket. I don't think its fair that when you want to upgrade, you have to buy a brand new phone at full price, but what do you expect with no contracts? I have the pro plan, which is the highest plan you can get from them with 10gb of data. That is a good price compared to Verizon, and other services. My only problem would be Cricket's customer service, where noone speaks English. I never have hardly any trouble with my service, so having to talk to them is rare. I love Cricket.
Natalie R.
If you live in Nebraska, sorry. But that's okay, because rural Nebraska is terrible. I switched from Sprint to Cricket a few months ago and have no major complaints. Service where I live is fine, faaar better than Sprint ever pretended to be, and dang is my data fast. On my family's rural property we assumed that there was just no cell service there, period. Imagine the surprise when we go from having one bar of 2G roaming on Sprint to full bars 4G LTE. Oh cricket, I love you. Autopay gets you a $5 discount applied at the end of the billing cycle. I have 3GB of high speed data which ends up being more than enough for me, and if I'm going to be traveling I can upgrade my plan to a gigantic 10GB plan. It gets a B grade from me because I wish the referral system worked better, I wish that it had more coverage in Nebraska since I end up on the train out in the middle of nowhere with no service and it makes me sad and that customer service in store could be improved. Protip: buy an unlocked phone from Amazon that has features that cricket locks such as tethering and wifi hotspots. I can use my phone as a hotspot now!
Angela D.
Lubbock, TX
Techie Expert Level 2
What is this biggest advantage to switching to Cricket?
Reagan V.
I have seen the commetcials, is it really that great?
Jessica A.
Who thinks cricket should have a larger selection of phones?
andora  m.
Philadelphia, PA
Who else doesn't like their service?
Leslie D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
How does cricket compare to the major cell phone carriers? Coverage, cost, quality of service, etc. ?