BY CREATE A TREAT

• Is this an easy one to do with a 5 and 7 year old? Also will it s...2 Answers
  • Where can I find this? I haven't seen it in the store? What store...1 Answers
  • Are these easy to put together? Do they break easily? I've never ...1 Answers
Create-A-Treat Gingerbread House Kit
  • "mother of two boys ages 7 and 8 and every year my boys always look forward to building and decorating the gingerbread house kits" in 40 reviews
  • "I buy one of theses every year for Christmas and my family and I all decorate it, it is so much fun and then after its all finished we eat it up." in 28 reviews
  • "and was a must in our family tradition for each of my 6 children to have a box of their own to create a gingerbread house." in 8 reviews
  • "and everyone seemed to love it, very easy to put together and my daughter and I had so much fun building it together!" in 7 reviews
  • "My family and I started this last year and it was such a great time to build your own Christmas house and spend time with family for hours talking and laughing as we create our houses.....memories" in 7 reviews
Debbie C.
Lancaster, PA
We got this with our 7 and 2 year old in mind. We thought it would be a great activity and fun family time. And it was fun for about the first ten minutes..which really was just the unveiling of the box. Taking out the pieces and sorting the candy..figuring out the blueprints LOL...But at the end of it all we did most of the building..which wasn't easy as nothing would stay up. I didn't think it would be a clean activity..we are squeezing icing everywhere. But even after 15 minutes the kids were over it and so were we. The kids barely ate any of it. Mostly picked the candy back off because the ginger bread was simply too hard for them to bite. I enjoyed the memory and they were happy so that's all that matters but we've decided we won't be buying these again.
Rachel D.
Made this with my daughter this year. I must confess that it was my first time every making a gingerbread house. The instructions were pretty easy to follow and our house turned out pretty good. I didn't like the plastic holder thing that the house was on. It seemed very flimsy and didn't hold up well when we tried to move it. I also felt like the icing was a little wonky to try and get it where you want. Overall though, it was tasty!
Jennifer W.
Burke, VA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I bought this set for my 2-year-old daughter to build a decorate this year. It's a little tricky to get everything to stick together, but once you do, it is fun and easy for kids to decorate. She had a great time! We have not eaten any of it so I can't speak to the taste, but the memories we made putting it together are priceless!
Makenna M.
Solid gingerbread house lit as long as you don't plan on actually eating it. My sister and I make one every year, we have to use hot glue for the house but the candy goes on with the frosting just fine.
Courtney A.
La Porte, TX
This gingerbread house was a tasty and fun treat for the whole family! My baby absolutely loved playing with the frosting while everyone else put their creative minds together to create an awesome looking house.
Melissa O.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
I loved making this gingerbread house with my girls.. It was a lot of fun... They ate all the candy off the house... The gingerbread itself was kinda of hard to eat...
J S.
Compton, CA
I love this this season of holiday colorful lights Christmas tree decorations plus the season where you can make your own Hersheys chocolate cookie house going to be the best Christmas specially for little ones when you buy this product
Lisa D.
Miramar, FL
This adorable ginger bread house kit is a festive and creative way to add some feel-good activities to your holiday! This kit has everything you need to create an adorable ginger bread house, complete with icing and candied embellishments. A small variety of traditional candies (i.e. peppermints and gumdrops) is provided. It leaves room for creativity... but not a lot... although it's easy to add your own special touches (i.e. candy and sprinkles) to your creation with the same outcome. This basic ginger bread house kit is simple enough that you can build it with small children, but nostalgic enough that the adults will want to chime in! Don't leave it out as a decoration piece for too long, though... it IS food and won't be edible after a while... The sugar and ginger bread will harden to the point that you won't be able to consume your masterpiece.
This are so fun for either with ur little siblings or with ur partner ..I would always do them with my mom and now I have made it a tradition to do it with my hubby..
We really enjoy ming them
Kalynn W.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
My family and I bought one of these to have fun with on Christmas eve. I will start with the icing- good luck getting anything to stay together/attached with this stuff. I ended up making my own icing as an "adhesive" and used the kit one for designs. The kit itself was really neat, included lots of cool decor candy and was cute after slight adjustments. The taste of the thing is nothing to be desired, but really who eats their gingerbread house? It provided enough enjoyment for me and my 19 year old sister to get competitive and have a decorating competition. Pretty much, the kit is cool and will keep you busy, but be prepared to have a difficult time with icing and don't expect a super delicious treat afterwards.
shonda b.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Where can you find these ginger bread houses?
Jennifer H.
Does it have everything I need in the box or would I have to buy the frosting and candy separate?
Neyda H.
Everett, Wa
How long does the gingerbread house last?
Kathleen M.
Belleville, ON
What is your favorite part of building the ginger bread house decorating or eating it?
Eliza G.
La Quinta, CA
Dose the cookie part taste good?