Add a Photo

By COVERGIRL
#54 in Liquid Foundation

CoverGirl's Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation has a vitamin-infused formula with a special antioxidant and vitamin complex. Finally, a hydrating formula for beautiful, buildable coverage that glides on smoothly for a flawless look! This special antioxidant and vitamin complex plus SPF 20 work together to make your skin look healthy all day.

Photos (19)
Brittney H.
Brittney H.

Overhyped product, underwhelmed results.  I really wanted to make this my "go to" foundation for 1) the color 2) it being light weight. I'm a white girl with neutral/yellowish undertones. Pink based foundation are too light and too pink. Buff Beige was light enough without a pink undertone. I love the color it's one of the closest matches I've found. The packaging is ok, bulky, put it has a pump.  It doesn't pump out excessive product like some do. The consistency isn't thick but isn't thin. Coverage wise, it's sheer to medium. With all the pros, I wasn't impressed. It didn't cover as well as I like. I could still see texture.  I did break up after a few hours and it clung to dry spots (my chin & nose). I can't say for sure, but I think it may have oxidized too. But with contour/blush/highlight - I couldn't tell. I think it's a great foundation for normal skin. Not so much for dry. I prefer the Wet N Wild foundation - better coverage, longer lasting.  *Get it on AMAZON; it's cheaper than drugstores ($9.99 + free shipping if you have Prime)*
Ashley S.
Ashley S.

This is probably the best Covergirl foundation I've ever tried, and they have a few good ones (ones I really like are TruBlend, Clean, and Outlast 3 in 1).  It gives a beautiful solid medium (not full like it claims) and a nice natural satin finish.  It also feels like NOTHING on my skin!  I tried this with a silicone primer, alone, and with the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, and I prefer this with a silicone primer.  It just looks much better IMO.  I find that it tends to accentuate my pores without a silicone primer.  It loses a star because of the shade selection.  While I tend to like Covergirl foundations, they really need to expand their range.  I need something a little more yellow-toned and their shade ranges run too pink.  I have thought of trying a foundation mixer with it but I'm afraid it will alter the formula and won't look or feel as nice.  CG just needs an overhaul of their shade range, period.
Amber H.
Amber H.
Riverside, CA

This foundation is awesome! However, the only thing I don't like is the color selection. There aren't any colors for us yellow skinned girls, most of the foundations lean pink. I did end up picking up buff beige, which was one of the only yellow toned colors. Being fair and yellow, this was a bit dark for me, but I can make it work. First of all, it has a scent, so if you don't like scents then you won't  like this. The smell kind of perfumey? But I do like the smell. I applied it with a beauty blender and I found it gave a nice medium coverage. The finish is very natural and healthy and when it came to wear, It lasted all day on my normal, combo skin. If you are oily, I would set this with a powder since it doesn't claim to be oil controlling and isn't a super matte foundation. Overall, I really do like this foundation! I just wish the colors were better, on the fair and deep end of the spectrum.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.

Absolutely in LOVEEEE with this foundation. It's under $10, and I would've never known this was a drugstore foundation. It reminds me of a high end one. It's extremely buildable and the coverage is amazing. You can definitely get it to full coverage. It looks so beautiful applied with a damp sponge. Perfect for my dry skin ladies. However, I wish they made a lighter shade. I'm extremely fair, and the lightest shade doesn't match me very well unless my fake tan has faded. Other than that, I absolutely love and adore this foundation. I definitely make it work. It smells nice and comes in beautiful packaging. Doesn't look cakey, especially over my dry patches. It does settle into my creases under my eyes, but as long as you set it.... you'll be fine! Highly, highly recommend. It can feel a little bit heavy, but if you're use to wearing foundation all the time.... this won't bother you.
Maan A.
Maan A.
Oceanside, CA

The cover if perfect for me, I don't like full coverage but I do like to hide my redness and dark sallowness and this does that. It is also buildable for thos who like full coverage. This is the only drugstore foundation that didn't sink in my fine pine and pores and did not accentuate my dry flaky skin around my mouth, nose and under eye. It held up pretty nicely even after I keep rubbing my nose due to sinus issues. It made my skin look oily tho after a bit of sun exposure (thru the car) even though I have dry skin. So this is good for super dry skin. Would have given it 5 stars if they have all 14 shades in the store i stead of just online. In my cvs, it only had 5 or 6 shades. I got the darker one even if it's a bit too dark for me especially after it oxidized. The price is also a bit too high for drugstore foundation but I'd still rather buy this than a brand named one.
Jen C.
Jen C.
Combs, KY

This may be a drugstore foundation but let me say this beats ANY makeup I have ever used in my entire life. It stands by it's word, too. It IS full coverage! You cannot see even one freckles on my face!!!!! I am amazed. I just purchased this yesterday so I thought I would try this at 7 am this morning as I was getting ready for a Dr appointment. It is now 11:45 pm and my makeup literally looks like it did at 7:00 this morning. I done a lot of errands, shopped, took my dog for 2 walks today (yes, it's hot outside!), Installed a Shepherd's Hook, a bird feeder and various other things like that in the sun along with also transplanting Petunias into some fresh soil....all this in the hot sun. Of course cooked, washed dishes, etc....makeup is still flawless. I am for once... speechless. My search is now over for the perfect, affordable makeup ❤
trevor m.
trevor m.
San Antonio, TX

Ok so not to hate on cover girl because they do have a lot of good products but this foundation is not one of them this is kind of heavy with two coats the first is light and I definitely would not use it again through out the day it was a good wear I'll give it that when I first applied I was like omg this is going to be the new it product but when I went in to contour and blush and highlight it was just to hard to blend like I said the foundation went on beautifully but I wasn't able to add any other make up on top of it without the product moving with it and it wasn't good for me it's a long wear and all it just doesn't give u much to work with but if you don't add a lot of make up onto your foundation then this is for u but if your like me with the highlight contour and blush and shadow then it's just not worth the buy...
Anais B.
Anais B.
Scottsdale, AZ

The foundation has a fairly liquid consistency. I really don’t care for the bulky packaging (I ended up just throwing the lid out lol) but I’m glad that it has a pump which allows for more control. I applied the foundation using a beauty blender. It blended in quite well and to my surprise has a very nice natural finish. For some reason, I assumed it would be a bit dewy. It set on my face in a nice amount of time, not too soon and didn’t take too long either. Overall it help up fairly well, even after I fell asleep on the couch! Around the 5 hour mark, it started to rub off around my nose which happens with many foundations for me because of my oily t-zone. This is a fantastic everyday foundation
Nikole L.
Nikole L.
Gresham, OR

I absolutely HATE this foundation. The lightest shade (Ivory 705) is wayyy too dark for my skin tone. Which looked bad enough as it is. Then about 5 minutes later it oxidized into a horrible orange color and it was even darker. It's such a thick foundation my face looked super cakey. Normally if my makeup looks bad I just kind of roll with it and leave it. This is the first time I've completely taken my makeup off and redone it because it looked so awful. I don't recommend this foundation at all.
Isabella G.
Isabella G.

Había escuchado hablar maravillas de esta base pero soy de las que piensa que primero se deben probar las cosas para creerlo y así fue estoy enamorada de esta base me encanta su cobertura y está a un precio accesible sin duda la volvería a comprar

I had heard talk about this base but I am one of those who thinks that first you must try things to believe it and I was so in love with this base I love your coverage and it is at an affordable price I would definitely buy it again
Hannah G.
Hannah G.
Canton

Would you say this is good for dry skin? I want a nice, hydrating formula that won't exaggerate my dry patches
Mallarie J.
Mallarie J.
Colorado Spgs, CO

How does this wear throughout the day
Lyndsey B.
Lyndsey B.
Cape Coral, FL

This is the first time I've seen this. Where is everyone buying it from???
Mary M.
Mary M.
Asheville , NC

Pamela N.
Pamela N.
Hamilton , Ontario

Will this cover red , acne prone skin ?

Join Now