BY COVERGIRL #30 in Liquid Foundation

Finally a hydrating, vitamin-infused formula for beautiful, buildable coverage that glides on smoothly for a flawless look. A special antioxidant and vitamin complex plus SPF 20 work together to make your skin look healthy all day. Give your skin a luminous glow. Available in multiple shades from light to deep.

• Has anyone with a super oily skin tried this product? Would you r...2 Answers
  • How did this foundation preform on oily skin?2 Answers
  • Ya tengo mi #oasisvoxbox# i got my oasisvoxbox im so excited... ...1 Answers
Andrea F.
Andrea F.
Macedonia, OH
Review for: Creamy Natural, Ivory, Classic Ivory
REVIEW WEDNESDAY...DRUGSTORE EDITION! I tried the BRAND NEW Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir foundation in shade 720 creamy natural. It can be purchased at the drugstore for around $11.99. I got mine at Walgreen's but I've seen it at Rite Aid, CVS, and Ulta as well. The shade range varies depending on the store.

Today was the 5th day I wore this foundation in a row! It's absolutely amazing. I am so completely blown away by how this foundation hangs in on my oily skin but still manages to not be completely matte.

I applied it at 7:00 a.m. and took a selfie every 4 hours after application with the last 12 hours after.

This foundation is absolutely stunning! I see why it's taking the YouTube beauty community by storm! I have definitely found my holy grail drugstore everyday foundation! It has a gorgeous soft slightly dewey finish and looked perfect until I removed it. It did not settle in fine lines at all. It made my skin look healthy and glowy. It did oxidize slightly but I asked several people, including perfect strangers, and no one said it looked like it did. I could tell it did but obviously it wasn't obvious. I just suggest purchasing a shade below to be safe.

This is a thicker gel formula that gave me a medium coverage with one coat but a second coat in my trouble spots gave me a perfectly natural looking high medium coverage. As usual, I used a primer and set my concealer and T-Zone with a loose setting powder. I did not have to blot or touch up all day and I only got a little shine that peeked through but for me it only looked better; not worse. I did blot and touch up to see how it performed. I was surprised the blotting sheet showed more oil than I saw. It touched up well with powder IF you blot first. I tried not blotting it once and it made it look a little cakey. My favorite powder with it is the NYX HD loose setting powder and favorite concealer is the Wet N Wild Photofocus concealer. Tarte Shape Tape was too heavy for it and it didn't sit well. Other powders didn't keep the oil in my T-Zone at bay.

My only complaint is the oxidization but apparently no one noticed so all in all, I guess that didn't backfire on me. It applied well with both my very dense Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush and my light Real Techniques expert face sponge. It has an SPF of 20 which is better than most drugstore foundations offer but definitely not nearly strong enough.

It has a "not bad for the drugstore" total of 14 shades total from ivory to soft sable. Ulta online only offers 9 shades. The range absolutely sucks on the deep end with the deepest shade barely looking to be a medium tan.

Despite the shades, it looks so beautiful that it easily took the top drugstore spot. The good things about it easily made up for the negatives. All in all, it's my ride or die everyday drugstore.
Amber W.
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Review for: Buff Beige
Tested this product on my arm before using on my face. A little goes a
long way with this formula. Used one pump and it covered my whole hand
and halfway up my arm. Originally it was a little light for my
complexion but after it dried I forgot this makeup was on my arm until
looking down and seeing it had crept into my fine lines, which BTW I
didn't notice until the next day which meant it survived being washed. I
decided to try it on my face. I don't usually like drug store makeup
because it breaks my combo/sensitive/oily skin out; I was very
skeptical. I made sure to use a hydrating moisturizer that is supposed
to multi-function as a foundation extender and primer (Ole Henriksen
Balance Control Hydrator) about 30 minutes before applying the
foundation. Made sure to hit my trouble spots first (under eyes,
enlarged pores, fine lines, t-zone breakouts) to see how it'd hold up in
the hot Texas sun. Overall, it lives up to it's claims. It was
lightweight- I could barely tell it was on and when I asked my SO for
his opinion on my makeup, he responded with "What makeup? Your skin looks healthy!" It didn't really sink
into fine lines although it didn't cover my enlarged pores as well as
I'd liked (could be because I should've used a primer on top of hydrator). Worked great under my eyes. I wouldn't say this is full
coverage  on my breakouts but that's what concealer is for. Gave an air
brushed look from afar. It left my oily t-zone mattified yet hydrated
which almost feels too good to be true. I loved the SPF 20, antioxidant,
and vitamins added. I love that it is oil-free although it did cause
enlarged/clogged pores the next day and a small breakout. Otherwise, I'd
give it 5 stars (holy grail foundation that hides & clears if not
neutralizes breakouts, where are you?!?). So HAPPY I received this free
gift from Influenster for testing purposes. It is so far the best
drug-store foundation I've ever used. Might replace my current Peter Roth formula..
Emily A.
Emily A.
Review for: Soft Honey
I have never used drugstore foundation, so I really wasn't sure what to expect when I saw I'd be receiving the Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation as part of the #OasisVoxbox. Foundation is typically the makeup item I am most picky about, as it can make or break your entire look.

Unfortunately the color I was sent, Soft Honey, is not the correct shade for me, it's just a touch too dark, which wouldn't have been too much of an issue, but it also had a red undertone and my skin has a golden tone. So with that said, I wasn't able to fully test it (ie wear it out for a day) because the foundation color made me look orange. I did wear it around my house for a few hours though.

My first impression was it has a VERY strong scent, almost floral -- I have never used a foundation that was scented before, so it was definitely strange, and I really did not care for it. Additionally a little bit of this goes a long way! I applied way too much initially, as I didn't know what kind of pigment or coverage a drugstore foundation would give, but I was able to sheer it out with a beautyblender.

I can't comment on the wear time, as I said I only kept in on for maybe two hours before I needed to leave the house, and there was no way I could wear this foundation out.

I think they could make some improvements as far as the packaging -- I like the clear bottle but I think the clear plastic cap makes it look cheap. A solid black or white cap would be much better IMO.

Additionally, I hope Covergirl will expand their color range, as it seems most of the darker shades have red undertones, and not all women of color do. There are lots of us with golden undertones who may be interested in purchasing this foundation, but as it stands, I do not think there's a color that would correctly match me.

I would not purchase this foundation.

*** I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes ***
Allison H.
Allison H.
(June 23, 2016) I purchased this foundation after seeing great reviews from both dry and oily skinned makeup gurus. First of all, I am almost as white as you can get, so even using the lightest shade (705) was too dark on my skin and makes me look a bit orange (I do not tan or fake tan my body). That isn't usually a breaking point for me in a foundation as I can compensate with concealer. And I find this issue with a majority of cosmetic brands, both drugstore and high end. But secondly, is where I am undecided on whether or not I will be returning this foundation. It stinks! I am sensitive to perfumed products and am not big on smells on anything I am putting on my face. For this reason I've returned or never repurchased both skincare and make up products. But I have noticed that while for the first few minutes after applying to my face, the smell started to dissipate and I could no longer smell. Definitely a bonus.

And while I've mentioned all these cons, there are definitely pros to this foundation. First, it looks beautiful on the skin - though I always set my foundations with a powder - and leaves a naturally glowy but not greasy look to the skin. Second, the packaging is nice with a glass bottle so you can see the foundation color and a white pump that I believe all foundations should have. And third, the coverage is medium to full coverage (I like full). This is something I look for in a product as I tend to break out and have old acne marks and redness.

The end result is all going to be based off of one's personal preference in a foundation. I am still on the fence about this one, but will continue to use it as long as I don't break out. The finish is beautiful and it has good lasting power. If it didn't have such a potent smell I might use as an every day foundation (despite the color issue) - but maybe I will get used to the smell over time.

update (June26, 2017): I tried using the product again but I am too sensitive for scents (at least on my face), so I ended up returning it over the weekend. While I think that the foundation looked nice, it is not for sensitive skin.
Tor P.
Tor P.
Review for: Creamy Natural
I never wear foundation, ever. I don't like the feeling of stuff on my face. I only wear eye makeup and lip products. When I found out I was receiving this product, I went to Sephora and bought a cheaper beauty blender. I received porefessional as samples from many other places before. So, using the porefessional I filled in my pores, and I put some on the back of my hand and lightly pat it in. My skin has never looked so smooth. I take care of my skin and I seldom get acne, only around one time per month. And it was that time. I broke out, and so I figured it would be a good time to see how it worked. The color Influenster chose for me is just a tad too tan. When I worked at a pool, that's how tan I would get but since I work inside now, I've stayed paler. So I'll have to get back to that tan again. It blends really nicely. I didn't put a powder on top, but I believe it dries matte but still has a glowing look. One of my stigmas against foundation was that it would feel like paint on my face. Perhaps I did it very lightly, but it feels like absolutely nothing. Which is honestly so refreshing. I don't think this is something I would wear every day, because I'm not that good yet and I prefer feeling more natural. But I'm very happy I was sent this. I will update later if it helped or worsened my acne. But so far, it's fantastic and I'm so very happy that this was my first bottle. It has 20 SPF which means good sun protection too! <3 It's set a high standard.
1st- Product
Upper left -no foundation
Upper right- foundation
Bottom- left half foundation and right half no foundation
--- I received this for free from @influenster in exchange for my honest opinion.
Tegan J.
Tegan J.
Fresno, CA
I have been absolutely loving this foundation! I own the shade "Ivory" and it's a great light/neutral color. This foundation has vitamins and an SPF, both of which I love. It has a buildable amount of coverage. If you use a very light coat and apply it with a beauty blender, it can border-line work as a sort of BB Cream, as it will even out color and tone without over-doing it on heaviness. That being said, you can also be more heavy-handed with it and get what I would classify as medium coverage. I wouldn't call this full coverage by any stretch of the imagination. If you tried to build it up to full coverage, I think you might end up looking cakey.

This foundation has a light scent which I actually find very pleasant. I haven't ever had trouble with fragrance irritating my skin, so I'm more than okay with it; I actually see it as a plush. This foundation also has a lovely finish. I would describe it as a natural finish. Not overly glowy or wet, but not matte either. The fact that it has sunscreen in it means it will always look a little shiny, but it looks great on its own, and setting powder can help achieve a more matte look if that's what you're after.

I've worn it all day several times and haven't had problems with separation or flaking. It still looks good when I stumble home at midnight after a night out. I also wore this foundation to my college graduation, where I stood outside for over an hour, sweating profusely, and I still thought it looked good!

Another good point about this foundation is that it comes in a pump bottle, which is very hygienic and allows you to only use as much as you want.

This is an expensive foundation for something you'd find at the drugstore; I bought mine at CVS for about 15 dollars, which is not cheap, but I've been so happy with the foundation, I think it's a fair price. I've tried more expensive foundations that I haven't liked nearly as well, so I'm happy.

Overall, I would definitely recommend giving this foundation a shot!
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Absolutely in LOVEEEE with this foundation. It's under $10, and I would've never known this was a drugstore foundation. It reminds me of a high end one. It's extremely buildable and the coverage is amazing. You can definitely get it to full coverage. It looks so beautiful applied with a damp sponge. Perfect for my dry skin ladies. However, I wish they made a lighter shade. I'm extremely fair, and the lightest shade doesn't match me very well unless my fake tan has faded. Other than that, I absolutely love and adore this foundation. I definitely make it work. It smells nice and comes in beautiful packaging. Doesn't look cakey, especially over my dry patches. It does settle into my creases under my eyes, but as long as you set it.... you'll be fine! Highly, highly recommend. It can feel a little bit heavy, but if you're use to wearing foundation all the time.... this won't bother you.
Barbara R.
Barbara R.
Carmichael, CA
Review for: Creamy Natural
I grew up on drugstore make up so I kind of had an idea in my head of what it would be like, Especially working at Sephora and using products like Givenchy, my expectations were not super high.

After watching the Oasis Voxbox reveal, I immediately noticed the level of coverage this product offered and it did not disappoint. It has a very smooth, creamy texture and blends nicely all over the face without looking patchy or streaky. Absolutely full coverage and one pump was more than enough to cover my whole face. The color I got (Creamy Natural) was a little darker then I typically go for. Naturally I would be more of an Ivory, but this product is worth keeping around so I plan to just mix it with another light to even things out.

When applying, I skipped a primer and used a gel moisturizer, used a dense foundation airbrush and buffed it into my skin. I have oily skin and large pores, so I set the foundation with the Cover FX setting powder and did the Tarte ROS marine boosting mix.

After working all day, the only difference I noticed in the before and after is how I have a little bit ot shine in the T zone area, which is pretty standard for my skin most of the time.
Brittney H.
Brittney H.
Overhyped product, underwhelmed results.  I really wanted to make this my "go to" foundation for 1) the color 2) it being light weight. I'm a white girl with neutral/yellowish undertones. Pink based foundation are too light and too pink. Buff Beige was light enough without a pink undertone. I love the color it's one of the closest matches I've found. The packaging is ok, bulky, put it has a pump.  It doesn't pump out excessive product like some do. The consistency isn't thick but isn't thin. Coverage wise, it's sheer to medium. With all the pros, I wasn't impressed. It didn't cover as well as I like. I could still see texture.  I did break up after a few hours and it clung to dry spots (my chin & nose). I can't say for sure, but I think it may have oxidized too. But with contour/blush/highlight - I couldn't tell. I think it's a great foundation for normal skin. Not so much for dry. I prefer the Wet N Wild foundation - better coverage, longer lasting.  *Get it on AMAZON; it's cheaper than drugstores ($9.99 + free shipping if you have Prime)*
Amber H.
Amber H.
Riverside, CA
This foundation is awesome! However, the only thing I don't like is the color selection. There aren't any colors for us yellow skinned girls, most of the foundations lean pink. I did end up picking up buff beige, which was one of the only yellow toned colors. Being fair and yellow, this was a bit dark for me, but I can make it work. First of all, it has a scent, so if you don't like scents then you won't  like this. The smell kind of perfumey? But I do like the smell. I applied it with a beauty blender and I found it gave a nice medium coverage. The finish is very natural and healthy and when it came to wear, It lasted all day on my normal, combo skin. If you are oily, I would set this with a powder since it doesn't claim to be oil controlling and isn't a super matte foundation. Overall, I really do like this foundation! I just wish the colors were better, on the fair and deep end of the spectrum.
Anabel R.
Anabel R.
Fullerton, CA
Have you used COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation ? If so, did it oxidize on you?
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Du Quoin, IL
What is the best way to apply this foundation - makeup wedges, foundation brush, fingers, or a blending sponge?
Johnmilan Y.
Johnmilan Y.
vancouver,canada
I this a full coverage foundation
hakima a.
hakima a.
algiers
Are married or single ?
Carrie P.
Carrie P.
Is this worth the hype? Watched a few reviews last night. Want more opinions.