Add a Photo

By COVERGIRL
#26 in Liquid Foundation

CoverGirl's Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation has a vitamin-infused formula with a special antioxidant and vitamin complex. Finally, a hydrating formula for beautiful, buildable coverage that glides on smoothly for a flawless look! This special antioxidant and vitamin complex plus SPF 20 work together to make your skin look healthy all day.

Photos (44)
Allison H.
Allison H.
I purchased this foundation after seeing great reviews from both dry and oily skinned makeup gurus. First of all, I am almost as white as you can get, so even using the lightest shade (705) was too dark on my skin and makes me look a bit orange (I do not tan or fake tan my body). That isn't usually a breaking point for me in a foundation as I can compensate with concealer. And I find this issue with a majority of cosmetic brands, both drugstore and high end. But secondly, is where I am undecided on whether or not I will be returning this foundation. It stinks! I am sensitive to perfumed products and am not big on smells on anything I am putting on my face. For this reason I've returned or never repurchased both skincare and make up products. But I have noticed that while for the first few minutes after applying to my face, the smell started to dissipate and I could no longer smell. Definitely a bonus.

And while I've mentioned all these cons, there are definitely pros to this foundation. First, it looks beautiful on the skin - though I always set my foundations with a powder - and leaves a naturally glowy but not greasy look to the skin. Second, the packaging is nice with a glass bottle so you can see the foundation color and a white pump that I believe all foundations should have. And third, the coverage is medium to full coverage (I like full). This is something I look for in a product as I tend to break out and have old acne marks and redness.

The end result is all going to be based off of one's personal preference in a foundation. I am still on the fence about this one, but will continue to use it as long as I don't break out. The finish is beautiful and it has good lasting power. If it didn't have such a potent smell I might use as an every day foundation (despite the color issue) - but maybe I will get used to the smell over time.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Absolutely in LOVEEEE with this foundation. It's under $10, and I would've never known this was a drugstore foundation. It reminds me of a high end one. It's extremely buildable and the coverage is amazing. You can definitely get it to full coverage. It looks so beautiful applied with a damp sponge. Perfect for my dry skin ladies. However, I wish they made a lighter shade. I'm extremely fair, and the lightest shade doesn't match me very well unless my fake tan has faded. Other than that, I absolutely love and adore this foundation. I definitely make it work. It smells nice and comes in beautiful packaging. Doesn't look cakey, especially over my dry patches. It does settle into my creases under my eyes, but as long as you set it.... you'll be fine! Highly, highly recommend. It can feel a little bit heavy, but if you're use to wearing foundation all the time.... this won't bother you.
Brittney H.
Brittney H.
Overhyped product, underwhelmed results.  I really wanted to make this my "go to" foundation for 1) the color 2) it being light weight. I'm a white girl with neutral/yellowish undertones. Pink based foundation are too light and too pink. Buff Beige was light enough without a pink undertone. I love the color it's one of the closest matches I've found. The packaging is ok, bulky, put it has a pump.  It doesn't pump out excessive product like some do. The consistency isn't thick but isn't thin. Coverage wise, it's sheer to medium. With all the pros, I wasn't impressed. It didn't cover as well as I like. I could still see texture.  I did break up after a few hours and it clung to dry spots (my chin & nose). I can't say for sure, but I think it may have oxidized too. But with contour/blush/highlight - I couldn't tell. I think it's a great foundation for normal skin. Not so much for dry. I prefer the Wet N Wild foundation - better coverage, longer lasting.  *Get it on AMAZON; it's cheaper than drugstores ($9.99 + free shipping if you have Prime)*
Amber H.
Amber H.
Riverside, CA
This foundation is awesome! However, the only thing I don't like is the color selection. There aren't any colors for us yellow skinned girls, most of the foundations lean pink. I did end up picking up buff beige, which was one of the only yellow toned colors. Being fair and yellow, this was a bit dark for me, but I can make it work. First of all, it has a scent, so if you don't like scents then you won't  like this. The smell kind of perfumey? But I do like the smell. I applied it with a beauty blender and I found it gave a nice medium coverage. The finish is very natural and healthy and when it came to wear, It lasted all day on my normal, combo skin. If you are oily, I would set this with a powder since it doesn't claim to be oil controlling and isn't a super matte foundation. Overall, I really do like this foundation! I just wish the colors were better, on the fair and deep end of the spectrum.
Anais B.
Anais B.
Scottsdale , AZ
The foundation has a fairly liquid consistency. I really don’t care for the bulky packaging (I ended up just throwing the lid out lol) but I’m glad that it has a pump which allows for more control. I applied the foundation using a beauty blender. It blended in quite well and to my surprise has a very nice natural finish. For some reason, I assumed it would be a bit dewy. It set on my face in a nice amount of time, not too soon and didn’t take too long either. Overall it help up fairly well, even after I fell asleep on the couch! Around the 5 hour mark, it started to rub off around my nose which happens with many foundations for me because of my oily t-zone. This is a fantastic everyday foundation
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
This is probably the best Covergirl foundation I've ever tried, and they have a few good ones (ones I really like are TruBlend, Clean, and Outlast 3 in 1).  It gives a beautiful solid medium (not full like it claims) and a nice natural satin finish.  It also feels like NOTHING on my skin!  I tried this with a silicone primer, alone, and with the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, and I prefer this with a silicone primer.  It just looks much better IMO.  I find that it tends to accentuate my pores without a silicone primer.  It loses a star because of the shade selection.  While I tend to like Covergirl foundations, they really need to expand their range.  I need something a little more yellow-toned and their shade ranges run too pink.  I have thought of trying a foundation mixer with it but I'm afraid it will alter the formula and won't look or feel as nice.  CG just needs an overhaul of their shade range, period.
Kyra A.
Kyra A.
Chula Vista, CA
I have tried this foundation with several different primers and foundation combos and I have to say I love it! I'm super picky when it comes to foundations, because I have oily skin and I want something that is full coverage, isn't cakey and lasts all day. I've found that this foundation does make me more oily when I don't set it with a powder. I like mixing it with the Covergirl clean matte bb cream. It looks flawless and like I just applied it hours later. It also doesn't feel too heavy. I like this foundation because I can tell it works for drier skin ladies as well because it is super luminous when I don't set it with a powder and when I don't mix it in with any other foundations. Even though it has a strong scent, it wears off fairly fast. My other top foundations are Loreal Pro Matte in 102 and Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1N1. I'm usually not the lightest shade in foundations, usually the second or third lightest, however in this foundation I am the lightest and it is still too dark for me. The color is slightly too warm/orange for me, which is why I tried mixing it in with the Covergirl clean matte bb cream in Light which lightens it to my perfect shade. Overall great foundation, I like it better than my holy grail foundation (Estee Lauder double wear) because it isn't as heavy feeling and makeupy looking.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA
Let's get one thing squared away this is not full coverage at all. It's medium. Now that's out of the way this foundation may become my summer favorite. It covers enough that it looks healthy and natural. You're not going to look cakey and over done. I tested this without any primer and I exercised and when I checked it was still there and looked good. Usually when you sweat your foundation will separate from your face a little bit and then will it dries it's just sitting on top your skin and you can tell that you were sweating and wearing foundation and you don't get that with this one. I would imagine that when used in conjunction with Ben Nye natural set powder that is sweatproof and a setting spray that this could last all day and look good in the heat. If you're looking for something that gives you a little bit more coverage than a tinted Morse to riser but still looks natural go for those. Also people are saying it's expensive for a drugstore foundation but I found it for under $10 at Walmart.I found a coupon online for two dollars off it made it under eight dollars it's not that expensive. honestly for the post. This stuff is better than some of the high-end foundation and I have this makes my make up forever foundation look like junk.
Brooke C.
Brooke C.
Rockingham, NC
This is a bomb drugstore foundation. I haven't had much luck with most CoverGirl foundations but this one is amazing especially if you have dry or normal skin types it's highly pigmented in coverage medium to build able full coverage it's more like a serum based foundation and it's hydrating on the skin if you have oily or combo skin types this foundation will still work for you except it won't last throughout the entire day without causing excess oils you'd probably get around 6-8 hours of wear with blotting. If you're dry however it will hold up all throughout the day. There are several shades to choose from but it's not the best in terms of shade ranges, there's definitely way better ranges in the drugstore. This is a great choice if you're more mature in age or have fine lines and wrinkles this will sit well on the skin and won't emphasize dryness or patches. It settles to a natural satin finish on my dry skin.
Cynthia R.
Cynthia R.
Houston , TX
Such a beautiful finish look and also I love it because it has a pink tone for us girls who have more of a pink skin shade it is so pretty and it gives you a beautiful finish touch so natural but at the same time it gives you a glam you can use it for morning and night and you won't regret it. The only thing is to set it up real good so it won't look all over your face and it will look way more natural Also I love that it has a lot of pigmentation and it covers all spots and darkness on the skin
Hannah G.
Hannah G.
Canton
Would you say this is good for dry skin? I want a nice, hydrating formula that won't exaggerate my dry patches
Marissa S.
Marissa S.
Does this product make your face shiny or oily at all ?
Johanna Y R.
Johanna Y R.
how much is this? Where can I buy it?
Mariant R.
Mariant R.
Panamá City, PTY
How is his coverage médium o high
Krystal W.
Krystal W.
Looking for a really good foundation. Can anyone recommend one for me?