BY COVERGIRL

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Innovative foundation with Olay Serum and Smoothing Applicator instantly smoothes away redness, blemishes and unevenness.

Rita W.
I purchased this CoverGirl Ultrasmooth Foundation from my local Duane Reade drug store. First of all, I paid nearly $20 for it. Based on my experience, I wouldn't pay what I paid for it again.

I purchased this makeup because it was marketed as giving your face a smooth appearance and minimizing facial hair. I have very fine, thin, blonde hair on my face since I am a natural blonde. It isn't a ton of hair by any means, but I needed a new foundation, and saw that this product claimed to minimize hair and figured I would try it. It comes with a special applicator that is a small piece of silicone in a oval shape.

This makeup was a bit difficult to apply. When you squeeze a little on to the applicator, it comes out pretty thick. I had to work hard to smooth it out on my face and blend it properly so the end result was a good looking face, rather than an overly made up face. You are instructed to apply it by wiping it downwards on your face in the direction of hair growth. Once I finally got it applied, I feel like it gave decent, medium coverage, helping even out my skin tone, hide some freckles, and eliminate a little redness near my nose. But the applicator was more of a hinderance than a help. I began using it with my Chanel foundation brush, and it is much easier to apply.

I don't know that it truly minimizes the appearance of facial hair, and I have concluded that is pretty much just a marketing gimmick. I think the only thing about the product that actually is supposed to work towards that claim is that they instruct you to apply it downward, with the applicator. You can achieve the same results with other medium coverage foundations if you apply downwards, with whatever tool you are using, such as a foundation brush, or a foundation sponge.

Overall, I like the makeup itself, but the applicator is a waste of time, and I don't think the product is worth what I paid, nearly $20. But I would pay $5-10.
Gracie S.
Minneapolis, MN
When I first tried the foundation I thought it was okay. The applicator is comes with is not very good. I prefer to put on my foundation with a brush or sponge. I have peach fuzz on my cheeks bit I honestly do no think this made it look better.
Ruth A.
33570
So I want to say that I really love this foundation because it has full coverage and is long lasting easy to apply easy to blend so that's why I really love this foundation I will buy it again and you can get it at the drugstore
Brittany G.
Kittery, ME
The applicator is super weird, it sort of feels like you're just dragging your skin around. I bought this because of it thought, because I figured it would save me money on foundation in the long run. Beauty blenders literally just soak up product and they're hard to clean. This one is easy to clean and I can tell that I'm not wasting product. As for the foundation, nothing special, but I do like how it feels in my skin. Got this for $3 at a clearance store, that's why I really got it.
Katie M.
Richmond, VA
Having the applicator included is a nice touch, but I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. It is indeed easy to apply and lightweight, but does not last long. It has a dewy finish. It claims to smooth over facial hair and I have PCOS, but I suppose it's for much finer 'staches and stubble then this hirsute beauty. :-D
Tara D.
Dublin, VA
i personally did not like this applicator. I think its messy and doesnt go on even. have to make sure i clean it every day i use it. I prefer a brush or beauty blender over this oval plastic like applicator. The foudnation itself was alright. Not the best not the worst. I had to reapply a few times through my work day. Not as full coverage as I liked. Didnt match my skin tone that great. Made my face oily and shiny.
Jeanie R.
Madera, CA
I bought this product actually by accident as I typically purchase the standard cover girl foundation and was pleasantly surprised at how great this worked and also lasted longer that the normal one I use. A little goes a long way.
cristalyn v.
Durham, NC
One of of the best makeup product I have use whenever I feel like going all out on my face during certain occasions! It doesn't feel heavy and it looks good on my skin after putting on no primer on my face sometimes! It may not last long but as long you put on primer and setting spray it will stay for hours!!
alissa r.
Oklahoma City, OK
I love this product so so so much! it is so light and i can put it on with a brush or a beauty blender and it never looks cakey, always smooth. I can use it year round, even in the winter when my skin is dry and flakey. I love this product. 10/10 recommend. such a great find.
Karla C.
houston
This foundation is alright. For me there isn't enough coverage you can still see my pores and pimples. It's easy to apply , but you have to keep putting more and more just to cover something. I don't recommend this product . It doesn't stay on long enough. And I couldn't find my skin tone .
Tiffany C.
Bartow, FL
Has anyone else had difficulty with the applicator?
johannah S.
Would this be okay use have oily skin?
Richlands, NC
Does this hide facial hair?
Richlands, NC
Does this hide facial hair like it's supposed too?
Richlands, NC
What's the difference between this one and the darker packaging one?