Add a Photo

#93 in Liquid Foundation
TruBlend Liquid Makeup - TruBlend Liquid Makeup by Cover Girl blends seamlessly for a flawless look. Perfectly matches 99 percent of all skintones. Available in 21 shades - 7 light, 7 medium, and 7 deep to easily find your perfect blend. You won't know where your makeup ends and your own skin begins! - TruBlend Liquid Makeup
Photos (136)
Michelle A.
Michelle A.

I've used both the old and new formula of this foundation. Many years ago, I had the shade Ivory, which I believe would be the equivalent of L1 in the current shade numbering. Since that color was too light, I decided to get L2 this time around. Even L2 looks a little light and pink when I first put it on, but once I put on the rest of my makeup, it looks just fine. I've tried applying this foundation with different kinds of brushes, but found that a Real Techniques sponge applies it the best. Because this product is water-based, make sure that there is not too much water in the sponge, or else it will break up the product right as you're putting it on! It provides what I would consider medium coverage, and it's not particularly long-wearing, but I actually like that it's not difficult to remove at the end of the day. Speaking of easy to remove, I still have the empty bottle of my old Trublend foundation (great for if you ever need a pump bottle for a foundation without one!), and was pleasantly surprised to find that when cleaning the bottle, all of the foundation stuck on the sides came right off just with a rinse of water! Most other liquid foundations seem to be silicone-based, and their bottles need to be cleaned with alcohol.

Since I have oily skin, I need to touch up with powder once or twice during the day when wearing this foundation. I find that whenever I do have dry patches, this does not particularly cling to them, so I imagine this would be a good choice for dry skin, even though it's not bad for my oily skin either. While I'm not convinced that the formula was changed during Trublend's rebranding, I like that the shade range was expanded. If only this color were more yellow, it would be absolutely perfect! However, it is excellent enough that I nevertheless give it 5 stars.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.

I found this shade m3 to be an exact match! After a weeks worth of using this liquid makeup i decided to do my review.I wasn't too fond of it. I did like this very much for the fact that it felt great on my skin. It's soft, blends really well, matched my skin tone perfectly, and it seemed to be very light weight. It wasn't thick at all. I really felt like i wasn't wearing makeup! What i didn't care for, was the coverage! It didn't seem like i had makeup on, meaning, it didn't seem to cover wat i usually want "covered". Compared to my last foundation, (Covergirl outlast) it didn't cover my redness, dark spots and uneven skin tone spots! So far, other brands and types of liquid makeup I've used, covered it all. But I'm guessing it all came down to this foundation being light weight. It is pretty, I'm not complaining! I am still continuing using this, but i do prefer the Covergirl outlast liquid makeup.I love Covergirl products! I'm a fan of everything they offer!
Tarence A.
Tarence A.
Newark, NJ

So I have extremely oily skin that is very acne prone. I have a ton of scarring on my face that is extremely noticeable. I like this foundation because it lasts the longest out of all the drugstore ones I have tried in the past. I don't notice much oxidation; however my nose gets really oily after about 2 hours, and around the 6 hour mark my scarring is visible again (and that happens even when I'm wearing green concealer underneath sometimes). I do not wear it without green concealer because with out the green concealer the scars are still visible under the foundation. With all of that being said, I use this product in conjunction with a loose translucent powder and my face comes out looking flawless! Not cakey on me at all. I also like that it has a pump, but the straw that pulls out the product is too short. I had about a quarter of my foundation left in the bottle, but I had to dig it out with a q tip because the straw couldn't reach it.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.

The foundation is Covergirl’s Tru Blend foundation. I brought creamy natural in case you’re wondering. I really like this formula. It almost feels like a gel because it always feel cool on my skin like it just came from the fridge. It’s a light/medium coverage, but if you apply it in thin layers I think you could get it to be full coverage. It was around $10. It doesn’t wear quite as long or fade quite as well as the Physician’s Formula one, but it doesn’t smell weird like the PF one does. The packaging is also great because it’s got a pump with a cap on it, pumps are extremely sanitary as no bacteria can get in, but it also has the ability to switch it so it pumps or not. I like this foundation a lot, I’m just super mad that I’m incapable of finding my exact shade.

*Note Covergirl foundations are known for their oxidizing and this was no exception, so this was my shade but it oxides so it didn't seem like it.
marsha t.
marsha t.
N Miami Beach, FL

It was amazing using it. They need to change 99% to 100% because i found the perfect color for me and everyone i know and also everyone who have done video reviees have found the color thats right for them. It easy to blend and a small can go a long way. 1 pump for light- med. And 1 and a half pumbs for medium coverage. It is really light. I would say its not matte and people with dry skin can wear it too. Because you skin wont get even drier. I have oily skin but it still looks nice and doesn't make my skin look oily. Although i think it is for dry skin its still good for me and i have oily skin. I will definitely be using this foundation forever. Covergirl has done it again. I love there products because they do me justice.
Sheyenne P.
Sheyenne P.
Gillsville, GA

I really love this foundation, it has the right coverage for face, it's not oily nor matte . It honestly does the job. I was at Walmart one day trying to find a different foundation , I asked an older lady in the same aisle, what foundation she prefers that does the job. She told me to try this foundation that she had been using it for many months, she said it was a lot better than the foundation she was using that was high priced. I bought this product and I am amazed at the job it does for my face. I don't think I will ever have to look for a better foundation , because this has honestly been the best. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a better foundation.
sherri b.
sherri b.
Kempner, TX

bought this at the store yesterday along with the the fixstick concealer and loose powder. All of it is amazing! I've only tried one brand of foundation before and it was really oily and orange and faded after a couple hours. I thought I would buy this because it's the newest one I saw on tv. I have dark red and purple acne and with my pale skin it's just terrible. The concealer covered well and the foundation felt great when I applied it. It does feel like my skin. It's really soft and not heavy. It covers my acne but not the darkest ones very well. Perfect shade for me. You can hardly tell that I'm wearing makeup. Very happy with this.
Molly Z.
Molly Z.

I HATE this foundation! I brought my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation to compare the color because it was the one I was using before, and in the store it looked so similar but their packaging must be colored somehow because the shade was totally different. I exchanged it for a better shade that actually matched but the consistency of this foundation is terrible. It's thick and does not blend on my skin. I tried it with a brush, a sponge, and my fingers and it was just terrible. I even tried mixing it with moisturizer and it didn't help at all. Maybe it's just my skin type (combination) but it was terrible. Would not recommend!
Jessica E.
Jessica E.
Alexandria, VA

This stuff is alright. It's an affordable option you can pick up from pretty much any drug store. It feels pretty light, goes on pretty smooth, and has a sort of good smell to it.
Budget-wise, it's a fine choice.
Personally, I prefer to use natural, high-end make up products. It is so much better for your skin, and your face is so sensitive. They last longer and look better, too, in my opinion.
This stuff, I feel, has a tendency to wear off during the day. I also almost always notice weird dry patches where this stuff didn't do a good job of providing coverage.
But, like I said, if you're on a budget, it's fine.
Rebekah C.
Rebekah C.

This is my go-to foundation! I've tried countless foundations on my combination, acne-prone, pale skin, yet I always find myself gravitating back to this product here. In the winter, my skin gets dry patches on the area near my chin that this foundation does not cling to, and it still blends beautifully. Then, in the summer my skin is almost always oily, and I've found that with this foundation I don't have to blot nearly as much as I have to with others. For me, this foundation is best blended with a beauty blender, but a foundation brush works just as well. I love it!
caridad g.
caridad g.
West Sacramento, CA

Can some one tell me how it feels on the skin?
Janae K.
Janae K.

What are people's thoughts on this foundation?
Estefani L.
Estefani L.

Is this foundation worth the buy?
Nessa S.
Nessa S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Is this product oily on the skin?
Donnie-Lee S.
Donnie-Lee S.
Harmony, ME
I was wondering if this was a good foundation or if a powder is best

Join Now