Christina G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
First off I love the packaging of this. It's just like the previous blue pocket powder, so slim and sleek. The sponge it comes with is great too.

The coverage of this is light. It will make your face look more even, color wise and texture wise, but this will NOT cover acne scars, dark spots or anything major like that. It helps disguise redness but obviously not completely, the coverage IS light buildable, not medium to full like some other reviews have suggested. They must have never used a medium buildable or full coverage foundation before and/or dont have severe spots and blemishes to be able to tell the difference.

The finish is completely matte. Flat matte. Since my skin is combo oily, it doesn't stay matte for very long. Its stays true matte for less than an hour. By the 3 hour mark it looks satin natural, I'm slightly shiNY in my t-zone. So it does have some oil control, but it's not great. It's light enough that you can touch up and not look caked up. It does have some glitter in it. You can only see it in direct light, they are VERY small particles. I dont like that but they are BARELY visible.

I got the color medium/deep and that is slightly too dark and too cool for me (NC 40-43), but since it's sheer I can pull it off decently. The color selection sucks at my drugstore, there aren't many colors for medium to dark warm skin tones.

This doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I think this is best for people with normal and combo dry or combo oily skin. Super oily people will be dissapointed with the oil control for sure. They will have to prime with and absorbant product.

I only use this when I'm at home or not really going anywhere were I need to look more polished. I just look better with it on than bare faced. I have a lot of acne scars so I feel better if I when I wake up I powder my face a bit! It's great for that. I haven't used it as a setting powder because of the color, but I'll try it out and update.